William Blount @ Dobyns Bennett

DBQB07

I heard that a number of WB players walked out after the loss to SC. Anybody know if this is the case? Either way, I'll say DB 27 WB 7 WB has a number of key players out.

ORidgeKat

I can asure you this was not the case. The team was disappointed in the loss but were ready to get back on the field Monday. I've been telling everyone on the threads that this is a young team. Alot of great players graduated last year and it will take some time for the new starters to get used to varsity game speed. On defense there was times when there was seven or more new faces on the field. On offense those numbers were even higher. I was pleased with their performance and extremly pleased with the young QB. ( Talk about getting thrown into the fire...) Although the offense struggled there were times when they "clicked". Mistakes and penalties took them out of scoring position a few times. This hurt them but still with a few breaks they still had a chance to win.There are alot of great atheletes on this team, (most are juniors), and as the year progresses they will continue to improve. Couple that with the return of the injured and I think the fan base will be pleased with the Govs..

I was sorry to here about the young tailback at DB.. I'd read much about him and was looking forward to seeing him play (while hoping not to see to much of him....) He should keep his chin up and prepare as best he can for the rest of the season.

We should be getting up to full strength by the time our teams meet on Oct. 10.

tpoole12

GO GOVS

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the fact that Sevier Co. beat William Blount last week is a indication of how good the Smokey Bears are this year instead of the Govs being down. All accounts that I got from that game point to that. William Blount has a very good team this year and I see them as a team that can take anybody to the wire. I look for a tough game from them that will be decided in the final minutes.

you have to know this years team for wb. they are so young in the most important positions qb/rb, losing a leader such as tyler burstrom at qb and inserting with injuries a freshman with no game exp is critical to the demise of this offense. and tack on the loss of darin garner this offense will struggle big time. sevier county is ok nothing special they beat up on a weaker team big deal. over the next few weeks you will see just how hard wb will struggle this year. this is wbs youngest and weakest team they have put on the field in at least 8 years. (but you better get them now, they will be back with the exp the young guys are receiving) I think sev cty will find out they are no giant killers. if they believe they made a statement friday night they are only fooling themselves. you arent that good either. db should handle the young govs, if the defense can show some backbone ,stuff the run and force db to pass effectively, they may be able to hold db to less than 28 pts. but i have not seen that typical strong wb defense show up yet. lets go 40,43,31,23. its time for seniors to claim this team, and make a statement... good luck govs !

you have to know this years team for wb. they are so young in the most important positions qb/rb, losing a leader such as tyler burstrom at qb and inserting with injuries a freshman with no game exp is critical to the demise of this offense. and tack on the loss of darin garner this offense will struggle big time. sevier county is ok nothing special they beat up on a weaker team big deal. over the next few weeks you will see just how hard wb will struggle this year. this is wbs youngest and weakest team they have put on the field in at least 8 years. (but you better get them now, they will be back with the exp the young guys are receiving) I think sev cty will find out they are no giant killers. if they believe they made a statement friday night they are only fooling themselves. you arent that good either. db should handle the young govs, if the defense can show some backbone ,stuff the run and force db to pass effectively, they may be able to hold db to less than 28 pts. but i have not seen that typical strong wb defense show up yet. lets go 40,43,31,23. its time for seniors to claim this team, and make a statement... good luck govs !

Nice story.........but Im not buying it. I don't think the Indian team will buy it either.

The team that takes the field Friday night, will not be the same that finishes the season. Garner and Witt will be ready to go when possible.

About last Friday, the govs had 4 staters back from last year, and still managed to get inside the bears 30 yard line 4 times,but only cashed once.Cope missing that series after he cramped up hurt also, They gave SC a 22 yard field on a INT, and they missed a FG, so even with all the injuries and new players, the govs still could have pulled it off.

DB, i am looking forward to the new turf, i just wish we could see Garner's 3.9 speed on it.... Its gonna be a low scoring game somewhere around the 2006 playoff game, team with less turnovers wins it.

Congrats to Owens for a great game

If Garner is that fast, he is in some very elite company. Here are the fastest NFL'ers ever clocked.

Fastest 40 Yard Times (NFL Combine Records)

4.24 - Rondel Melendez, (WR), Eastern Kentucky - 1999

4.28 - Jerome Mathis, (WR), Hampton - 2005

4.28 - *Champ Bailey, (CB), Georgia - 1999

4.29 - Stanford Routt, (CB), Houston - 2005

4.29 - Jay Hinton, (RB), Morgan State - 1999

4.29 - *Fabian Washington, (CB), Nebraska - 2005

4.30 - Yamon Figurs (WR), Kansas State - 2007

4.30 - Darrent Williams, (CB), Oklahoma State - 2005

4.31 - *Johnathan Joseph, (CB), South Carolina - 2006

4.31 - Aaron Lockett, (WR), Kansas State - 2002