Franklin County Tullahoma Game

RebelHeart

I just wonder how many people actually know that?

Lots of people from FC know that. Not so sure about Tullahoma.

Who will be the qb for FC? If Shequille plays, FC wins in a close one. If he does not play, T-Town wins big.

Good to see you post, Wingman. I have been wondering where you have been

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, we all understand that concept.... but it makes it very difficult for the officials. They have several things to look for other than just the numbers but the reason we have those numbers labeled as ineligible is to make calling the game much easier; otherwise, they would not call them eligible or ineligible. The formations do not bother me at all, William and Mary have ran various versions of this stuff for years but they have done it with five men numbered as lineman spread all over the field. Like I said this summer on the original thread... this just makes opponents waste practice time... that's the only reason I can see for a quality team like THS using it; to force others to spend an extra ten or twenty minutes of practice time preparing to defend it.

AGAIN... the NFL and the NCAA does not have these problems because this scheme is not doable under their rules. If we take that approach we might as well allow all the arena league and Canadian stuff in too because those games are fun to watch but it is not football as we play it in the United States.

I spoke to one of the guys who runs this stuff out west and he said no one out there thinks it will be legal next year.

ela you seem to be a very bright individual. so as i sit here i just have to wonder........ why is that you have had 5 different coaching jobs in the past 8 years?

"Crying that L.C. done while it happened to them"

Funny, I didn't hear any crying, the only thing that we said was we had never seen anything like it before, that's it. And by the end of the game once we got sumwhat adjusted to it, you couldn't score in four tries from the 10 yard line. It takes any team a little while to adjust to a new offensive "set" that they haven't seen, even the pro's. The fact is, it still didn't win you the game, period, and you showed your "secret weapon" in the first game of the year, now everybody will see it on film and have a chance to work on it. I'm not going to disrespect Tullahoma's team, they have a good team, a very good quarterback and good athletes at several positions, I just think too much has been made out of it that's all.

You bring up a great point, statman. I had heard about THS workin on this in practice but it stayed pretty quiet outside the practice field. I am a bit suprised Olive brought this out in a non-region game. I wouldn't have been as suprised if he brought it out in the two bigger rivalry games .. Frankin County and Coffee County. Guess he really valued the win over Lincoln County in a game that meant nothing, really, and will be forgotten after the game tomorrow. Not questioning his intentions - obviously to win. And nothing is wrong with that, nothing at all. But I think you gotta keep that in the bag ... it is on film now. Teams will be prepared for it.

ela you seem to be a very bright individual. so as i sit here i just have to wonder........ why is that you have had 5 different coaching jobs in the past 8 years?

My guess is he was climbing that money tree! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Coach of the Year in NC he went from a 2A job to a school with 2600 students (more $$). Now I can't say for sure because he and I haven't talked since last April but my guess is he came here for the $$.

Dont tell people from Tullahoma that.

I just wonder if anyone in Tullahoma has figured out yet that NO ONE likes them. They have all these rivalry game cause no one likes you. Lincoln county, Franklin County, Coffee county, Hillsboro, Mapelwood, and I am sure anyone else who has come in contact with you does not like you. There now you have no excuse for not knowing.

Sounds like he just joined Coacht to start something. Probably a student from T--Town. IGNORE

It's sad when people can't stick to just trash talking each others teams. When it comes down to individual players or coaches, it should end. I remember a few years back a couple of players and dads went after a coach, they put for sale signs in his yard and did other things to his car in the parking lot of the school. It got ugly. People need to remember these boys play the game for fun and the coaches try to earn a living with their families teaching these boys how to play the game. Some folks jus take it all too far IMHO.

It's sad when people can't stick to just trash talking each others teams. When it comes down to individual players or coaches, it should end. I remember a few years back a couple of players and dads went after a coach, they put for sale signs in his yard and did other things to his car in the parking lot of the school. It got ugly. People need to remember these boys play the game for fun and the coaches try to earn a living with their families teaching these boys how to play the game. Some folks jus take it all too far IMHO.

I agree. Rivalries between teams make games more FUN...Personal attacks and stupid ugly comments just ruin it for everyone. IMHO

I agree. Rivalries between teams make games more FUN...Personal attacks and stupid ugly comments just ruin it for everyone. IMHO

Ole Southern Pride smells a rat in Tullahoma! Maybe a person who has an ax to grind? /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Boy, I think the smell of them outdoor Johns is gettin to some folks in Rocket City. I am makin the long drive to Tullahoma for this big game. I might have to cut my fishin trip short so I can get a good seat.

The fish aren't bittin too well today so I might as well pack it up and head on out!

This has been anything but a clean rivalry over the years. Students know how downright dirty this can get. Anybody remember the FC caravan that had their windows busted out a few years ago? It's gone back and forth like that for years. I know I'm gonna be there Friday night, and pray that the bleachers don't collapse from the joyous thunder of the Rebel Army. I know its gonna be a close game, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Many of the THS folks that I've talked to over the last few weeks have voiced that they don't believe that FC/THS is a rivalry. I think tonight's game is going to prove otherwise. The makings of a true rivalry are there. Accusations of questionable game film, former head coach now coaching for the other team, accusations of questionable game plays, and a decent amount of pride from both teams all add up for an amazing game. This game is gonna set this rivalry in stone, and I'm gonna be there with all the bells and whistle on. I'm just glad to see the FCHS students get really excited about a game for the first time in a long time. Close game with a REB win. Defense proved themselves with a tough WC team. I was happy we only lost by 21. It could have been much, much worse. GO REBS!!!! (Would Hotty-Toddy be inappropriate here?)