CENTENNIAL vs. PAGE

CHS 2007

I am not sure that I care that you don't care.....another "yahoo" poster number 125,000.

I think this year's game will be more competitive but both teams will combine for at least 10 wins if that even matters.

Centennial lost some great skill people and Page has everyone back. Centennial is bigger. Not that it means anything now but Page held its own with Brentwood in a preseason scrimmage.

My question to Centennial is why is Scales at QB. I thought there was another guy playing there.

i also heard about this scrimmage and was impressed by it. Then i talked to one of my friends who plays for Brentwood and found out it was Brentwood's JV team playing

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter what the case...Page has nothing to lose in this game. A 5a school playing a 3a school, Page gets tested and gets ready for regional play. In preseason, Page played Indy, Ravenwood, and Brentwood. I guess they all played their JV's and sat the #1's...that doesn't make sense if you are getting ready for the season. All being said, Page has not been afraid to play up two classes and hang in there.

I am going to disagree with the fact that Centennial has an advantage ACROSS the board. Neel is a better QB and Page has the best kicker/punter in the area

Sounds like last year with no respect for Page. Verdict is still out on how the lost skill people will affect the Centennial team.

Even if Centennial wins, the series will be 4-2 in Centennials favor and with a loss to Page it will be 3-3 overall. It would have been nice to have played Centennial every year. Page won the first two and then Centennial dropped us.....wonder why??

This year shapes up as a defensive battle. I think it have more scoring than people think. Centennial has to throw accurately and so does Page. I am not sure Centennial can play defense for 4 quarters....maybe against a 3a school. Page has had to contain a Scales before. I hope the game plan is to contain Scale and let's see if Centennial can move thru the air.

Page won't be afraid to put it up and they won't play conservative.......win or lose.

i play football for centennial high school, and trust me we were expecting to win against brentwood. if they were predicted to win our region we will definatley have a great year. They didnt beat us, we beat our selves. Page is a good team in 3a, but we are going to try and pound them. All the seniors are riding everyone and were highly upset with the lose, but whats done is done and time to move on. We will crush page and go into indy week and with our heads high and ready for independence

Centennial Cougar football is reborn, and something to watch now in williamson county

How can Centennial Cougar football be reborn when it was never born in the first place?

How can Centennial Cougar football be reborn when it was never born in the first place?

Yossarian...means alien, distatesful, spiteful, cowardly, deserter of men.........look it up., You fit the profile!

What makes you an expert on "anything after 10 posts. Go rag about something somewhere else. You don't even have the guts to say what team you are a fan of.

No matter what the case...Page has nothing to lose in this game. A 5a school playing a 3a school, Page gets tested and gets ready for regional play. In preseason, Page played Indy, Ravenwood, and Brentwood. I guess they all played their JV's and sat the #1's...that doesn't make sense if you are getting ready for the season. All being said, Page has not been afraid to play up two classes and hang in there.

I am going to disagree with the fact that Centennial has an advantage ACROSS the board. Neel is a better QB and Page has the best kicker/punter in the area

Sounds like last year with no respect for Page. Verdict is still out on how the lost skill people will affect the Centennial team.

Even if Centennial wins, the series will be 4-2 in Centennials favor and with a loss to Page it will be 3-3 overall. It would have been nice to have played Centennial every year. Page won the first two and then Centennial dropped us.....wonder why??

This year shapes up as a defensive battle. I think it have more scoring than people think. Centennial has to throw accurately and so does Page. I am not sure Centennial can play defense for 4 quarters....maybe against a 3a school. Page has had to contain a Scales before. I hope the game plan is to contain Scale and let's see if Centennial can move thru the air.

Page won't be afraid to put it up and they won't play conservative.......win or lose.

i agree with the Rion being the better kicker considering he's one of the best in the country (according to my dad who teaches at page #2 in the country)

Bass is a good kicker too but Page does have the advantage

Neel is a better passer, but Chaz is by far the better athlete

Centennial can play defense for 4 quarters

And i still think that people dont need to worry just about Chaz and need to also focus on Tony and Raymond.

And as for the skill players lost comment:

2007 season CHS 0 BHS 30

2008 season CHS 7 BHS 28

we scored this year.

Yossarian...means alien, distatesful, spiteful, cowardly, deserter of men.........look it up., You fit the profile!

What makes you an expert on "anything after 10 posts. Go rag about something somewhere else. You don't even have the guts to say what team you are a fan of.

AMEN BULLDOG

Guest WhoAreWePageHigh

Scales may be faster than Neel, but Neel is a unique athlete. He had three rushing touchdowns against Fairview and what makes him so dangerous is that when he rolls out he can run or throw very effectively. It will be a good game no matter what. My prediction:

Page 17

Centennial 10

I'll go through this one section at a time...

If you're talking preseason, Centennial manhandled Antioch and Mt. Juliet, two very good teams. But preseason is preseason, this is when the teams go 100%.

I said ALMOST across the board. Page has the special teams advantage. And Neel may be a better pure QB, but Scales is the better playmaker and the better game manager. Its almost like a Heckman vs. Smith situation, its hard to compare the two because they have completely different styles.

Last year we supposedly had no respect for Page...then we beat them 30-7. Trust me, we're Centennial, we know about getting little respect. And yeah, no McLemore or Coffee, but we still have Chaz, and Tony Kemp, Tim Harris, and Raymond Jackson are more than capable of filling in. Not to mention the return of Drew Kelly

To play state powers BA, BGA, and Pearl-Cohn

Centennial looked inconsistent with the passing game last Friday, but keep in mind this was against a Brentwood defense that makes alot good offenses look flat. CHS did very well passing the ball in the 7on7's and in the scrimmages. If he gets time, then he has alot of targets to get the ball to. Not to mention he can take off at any minute. Scales is arguably the best athlete in the midstate, and Page might have handled a mobile athletic QB before, but they have rarely seen anyone like Chaz Scales.

Its a football game, I'm pretty sure both teams will play with alot of intensity.

when it comes down to it, its Page vs 6-5a teams

the last time Page beat a 6-5a team was 2005 vs. Independence and Indy only had freshman and sophomores

if you want to go farther back it was 2003 vs Ravenwood and again Ravenwood was in their conception year

other than that coacht.com has zero records past 2001 for Page therefore Page has only amassed 2 wins over 6-5a since 2001 out of 11 games; 2-9 vs 6-5a since '01

I'll also add that Independence went 1-9 the year they lost to Page; Ravenwood 3-7; again both teams in their first years of competition

thats just the history

Centennial is going into year 13 I think of competition so you're not looking at a new football program

The fact that you came up with a definition of Yossarian is pitiful. It is actually a reference to classic literature, which you apparently have no education in, along with many other things.

Since you obviously are referring to Catch 22:

The exotic name "Yossarian" was chosen by Heller to emphasize his protagonist's detachment from the mainstream military culture. Yossarian's name is described ironically as being "an odious, alien, distasteful name, that just did not inspire confidence." It was "...not at all like such clean, crisp, honest, American names as Cathcart, Peckem and Dreedle."

The fact that you came up with a definition of Yossarian is pitiful. It is actually a reference to classic literature, which you apparently have no education in, along with many other things.

Who are you trying to kid with 22 in your name? It comes from the movie/book Catch 22.

The character from the movie you have chosen as a poster had many undesirable characteristics that he always had an excuse for.....not unlike your comments. Your own reference to classic literature and implementing it into the land of football is not unlike a eunuch.

Page should compete much better. Two good coaches.

Scales gets contained, Page has a better chance.

I said Neel was the better QB, not necessarily the "better" athlete, but if he is on target, you will be in for a tough night.