CENTENNIAL vs. PAGE

CHS 2007

Centennial comes in at 0-1 after a 28-7 loss at Brentwood. While Page comes in at 1-0 after a win vs. Fairview.

Although Centennial lost last Friday, they played Brentwood tough all the way through, going into the 4th quarter tied at 7. And were 20 yards away from evening the score late before a costly fumble return clinched it. Alot of people were impressed at how well the Cougars played, and alot think they have some potential this year.

CHS won this meeting last year by the score of 30-7. Any thoughts on this years matchup?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Centennial comes in at 0-1 after a 28-7 loss at Brentwood. While Page comes in at 1-0 after a win vs. Fairview.

Although Centennial lost last Friday, they played Brentwood tough all the way through, going into the 4th quarter tied at 7. And were 20 yards away from evening the score late before a costly fumble return clinched it. Alot of people were impressed at how well the Cougars played, and alot think they have some potential this year.

CHS won this meeting last year by the score of 30-7. Any thoughts on this years matchup?

I'm not sure anyone even cares these teams are playing. The real question is, how many wins will Page and Centennial combine for this season? 3? 4?

I'm not sure anyone even cares these teams are playing. The real question is, how many wins will Page and Centennial combine for this season? 3? 4?

I am not sure that I care that you don't care.....another "yahoo" poster number 125,000.

I think this year's game will be more competitive but both teams will combine for at least 10 wins if that even matters.

Centennial lost some great skill people and Page has everyone back. Centennial is bigger. Not that it means anything now but Page held its own with Brentwood in a preseason scrimmage.

My question to Centennial is why is Scales at QB. I thought there was another guy playing there.

I am not sure that I care that you don't care.....another "yahoo" poster number 125,000.

I think this year's game will be more competitive but both teams will combine for at least 10 wins if that even matters.

Centennial lost some great skill people and Page has everyone back. Centennial is bigger. Not that it means anything now but Page held its own with Brentwood in a preseason scrimmage.

My question to Centennial is why is Scales at QB. I thought there was another guy playing there.

The only way these teams combine for 10 wins is if they play middle school teams the whole year.

Scales split time with Chase Barlar behind center the past two years. With Chase gone Chaz is now the undisputed #1. Not the best pure QB, but a great playmaker and tremendous athlete and has the most starting experience of anyone in 6-5A.

And I agree, both of these teams are on the rise. Second year under new coaches, and each are alot more comfortable under the new schemes.

i play football for centennial high school, and trust me we were expecting to win against brentwood. if they were predicted to win our region we will definatley have a great year. They didnt beat us, we beat our selves. Page is a good team in 3a, but we are going to try and pound them. All the seniors are riding everyone and were highly upset with the lose, but whats done is done and time to move on. We will crush page and go into indy week and with our heads high and ready for independence

Centennial Cougar football is reborn, and something to watch now in williamson county

i play football for centennial high school, and trust me we were expecting to win against brentwood. if they were predicted to win our region we will definatley have a great year. They didnt beat us, we beat our selves. Page is a good team in 3a, but we are going to try and pound them. All the seniors are riding everyone and were highly upset with the lose, but whats done is done and time to move on. We will crush page and go into indy week and with our heads high and ready for independence

Centennial Cougar football is reborn, and something to watch now in williamson county

Wish you guys luck this season. Make us Cougar faithful proud. Just be sure to focus on this Friday first tho.

This will be a very good game. I will take Page because they have more offensive firepower than the Cougars but I expect a 21-14, 17-10 type of game.

really? more offensive firepower??

Centennial has undisputedly the fastest guy in williamson county in chaz scales and possibly the next fastest in tony kemp and then you throw out raymond jackson and drew kelly to top that off.

Again no offense to Page, but a majority of their offense comes from two guys, Blake Neel and Taylor Lankford. They do have the number two ranked kicker in the country but that wont hold up against Centennial.

This will be a very good game. I will take Page because they have more offensive firepower than the Cougars but I expect a 21-14, 17-10 type of game.

I think of last year where CHS manhandled Page with a far less dangerous team then they have now (albeit they did it with McLemore and Coffee). I look across the board and CHS has a big advantage in almost every aspect. I think these Cougars will prove too much for the Patriots this year.