CENTENNIAL vs. PAGE

CHS 2007

Who are you trying to kid with 22 in your name? It comes from the movie/book Catch 22.

The character from the movie you have chosen as a poster had many undesirable characteristics that he always had an excuse for.....not unlike your comments. Your own reference to classic literature and implementing it into the land of football is not unlike a eunuch.

Page should compete much better. Two good coaches.

Scales gets contained, Page has a better chance.

I said Neel was the better QB, not necessarily the "better" athlete, but if he is on target, you will be in for a tough night.

Agreed. I'll take a fair athlete who can get the ball to other players over a great athlete who can just primarily make plays for himself. In Page's offense Neel is going to lead them to scores. They do a great job of spreading defenses out and getting Neel on the run where he can find receivers. The combo routes in Page's offense are very difficult to stop. They have great high/low action. When you look at that then throw Lankford in the mix too then you find an offense that is downright explosive.

What can Scales do with his arm????? We all know he's a great athlete but any defense worth a darn will eventually put an end to that as a game progresses. Can Scales make plays against the Patriots secondary??????

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you obviously are referring to Catch 22:

The exotic name "Yossarian" was chosen by Heller to emphasize his protagonist's detachment from the mainstream military culture. Yossarian's name is described ironically as being "an odious, alien, distasteful name, that just did not inspire confidence." It was "...not at all like such clean, crisp, honest, American names as Cathcart, Peckem and Dreedle."

Since it would appear that you are familiar with the book, I would be led to believe you would understand its satirical nature. It seems, however, that you lack the sense of humor needed to comprehend such things.

Agreed. I'll take a fair athlete who can get the ball to other players over a great athlete who can just primarily make plays for himself. In Page's offense Neel is going to lead them to scores. They do a great job of spreading defenses out and getting Neel on the run where he can find receivers. The combo routes in Page's offense are very difficult to stop. They have great high/low action. When you look at that then throw Lankford in the mix too then you find an offense that is downright explosive.

What can Scales do with his arm????? We all know he's a great athlete but any defense worth a darn will eventually put an end to that as a game progresses. Can Scales make plays against the Patriots secondary??????

which is why we have other explosive backs to help out chaz

in case you forgot it wasnt chaz that scored against brentwood

it was the combo running of chaz, tony, and raymond that held together a 7-7 game going into the 4th

there were many times that brentwood thought they had contain on those three in the backfield but those three consistently found ways to make something outta nothing and end up with a three yard run when it could have easily gone for a three year loss

i feel like i'm saying this a lot but i'll say it again

NO OFFENSE to Page but they are in no way a Brentwood-caliber defense

Centennial was able to hang tight against the Brentwood D and if it wasn't for first game mistakes, could have taken a 7-7 game into the final drive and maybe overtime

Centennial's D even looked really sharp until mid way through the 4th

and by that standard I expect Centennial should have no problem stopping the Page offense and also should have zero problem carving up the Page D

unless someone wants to tell me that Page's O and D are just slightly under Brentwood caliber and will find a way to beat Centennial...

until then I'll stick with my previous prediction

35-10 Centennial

Since it would appear that you are familiar with the book, I would be led to believe you would understand its satirical nature. It seems, however, that you lack the sense of humor needed to comprehend such things.

honestly dude no one gives a crap about your name or why you chose it

these boards are for discussing high school football games and from what I've read of your really really crappy all out attack of Centennial and (in this board) Page, you obviously know very little about what this site is about

talk about the game, give a prediction that is actually worthy of analysis by other readers, or get the heck of the boards

Sincerly,

Zoosee

Why are we arguing about literature on a high school football forum?

I have a great sense of humor, I often crack myself up. I have a sarcastic type of humor whichI use quite often, and if you keep it up, I may do a poem in iambic pentameter......of course none of that garbage has anything to do with football.

Brentwood's offense was very conservative. Page will be more wide open. If Page cuts down on turnovers and Neel can find receivers, the second half can boil down to Rion FG for the win. If Page' D can hold on, I still like their chances.

I have a great sense of humor, I often crack myself up. I have a sarcastic type of humor whichI use quite often, and if you keep it up, I may do a poem in iambic pentameter......of course none of that garbage has anything to do with football.

Brentwood's offense was very conservative. Page will be more wide open. If Page cuts down on turnovers and Neel can find receivers, the second half can boil down to Rion FG for the win. If Page' D can hold on, I still like their chances.

What's the difference between Page's offense last year and this year? CHS has the athletes to keep up with the spread.

My point was that Page "could" have more offensive threats than brentwood's offense. Centennial does have the athletes I am sure....but not all the same ones as last year and Page has their skill people back with some new additions. Please keep in mind that Page was in its second game with Daniels offense last year. They got so much better with it as the year wore on. They have to execute this week. Compared to a 5a school, we should not even match up. If the game is a repeat of last year, I will be surprised or we turned the ball over way too much. It is not the same team. If the score is repeated, it could be due to the vast improvement of Cent under the new coach.

I still like Daniel's play calling during the tough part of the game. I am more worried about the defense for four quarters.

page does not stand a chance. Weve studied film on them, and honestly fairview had a five yard punt in their own 30 and 3 turnovers in their 20. Simply put pages game plan is to spread everyone out and run the ball. There offensive line is as big as our linebackers. With our d tackles both 6'2 290 and one of our ends at 6'7 250 they will not score a point on us. OUR EXPECTATIONS. 35 Chs 0 Page. Anything less than that is a dissapointment. Brentwood game was ours for the taking, and page we will unleash fury upon.

page does not stand a chance. Weve studied film on them, and honestly fairview had a five yard punt in their own 30 and 3 turnovers in their 20. Simply put pages game plan is to spread everyone out and run the ball. There offensive line is as big as our linebackers. With our d tackles both 6'2 290 and one of our ends at 6'7 250 they will not score a point on us. OUR EXPECTATIONS. 35 Chs 0 Page. Anything less than that is a dissapointment. Brentwood game was ours for the taking, and page we will unleash fury upon.

Since you are a player and all don't come on here before the game and bash the other team and predict a final outcome. It's classless. Let your actions speak for yall on Friday night. Then come on here after the game and talk about how you beat them "35-0".