Gallatin @ Lebanon

wave13

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an unbelievable comback by the Wave. Lebanon was killing Gallatin off the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball in the first half, and Gallatin was failing miserably at an attempt to play inspired football. However, after halftime everything changed. Gallatin began to play with emotion and was able to keep the Blue Devil D on the field for almost the entire 3rd quarter, which really seemed to wear them out. One of those games that I will remember for a good while! You missed out if you decided to skip this one. What a game!

GO BIG G

WOW!!!! What a classic ball game in this series. Gallatin looked like last years struggling team in the first half but came out after halftime and moved the ball at will. Lebanon was controlling both lines in the first and second quarter and Gallatin's defense was missing tackles left and right. Then after the half Gallatin scored on 3 straight possessions to take the lead only to lose it on a long pass, then retake it, then lose it then retake it. Matthews and Holder both ran the ball so hard in the second half. Big Pierre Cloud got out there on offense and that lead block along with his catch was what turned the tables on the Blue Devils. I thought for sure that Gallatin had fought back only to see it slip away with a min. 35 secs left. Then Matthews stayed poised even under fire and threw that 27 yard pass to Woodard on 4th and 17 to maintain the drive. After that Woods had his big catch to get the ball on the 6 with 13 secs left. Then Matthews rolled out and took it to the house....what a huge heart this kid has!! Not only him but the whole team for never giving up. Unsung heros in this game Victor Harned for those key sacks, Satterfield for those massive punts, Sam Johnson for those deeeeeep kick offs, and Ethan Burns for the special team tackles. Great job guys!!

Lebanon was a tough ball game. They have good speed and a very mobile Qb. Crudup can fly at split and has some very sure hands. Looks like the overall depth was a big factor in the wearing down of Lebanon. After seeing Blackman, Wilson Central and now Lebanon I would say anybody can beat anybody in that region on a given night.

How bout that Green Wave!!!

What an unbelievable comback by the Wave. Lebanon was killing Gallatin off the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball in the first half, and Gallatin was failing miserably at an attempt to play inspired football. However, after halftime everything changed. Gallatin began to play with emotion and was able to keep the Blue Devil D on the field for almost the entire 3rd quarter, which really seemed to wear them out. One of those games that I will remember for a good while! You missed out if you decided to skip this one. What a game!

GO BIG G

Must have been one heckuva halftime speech...............

Heard Maynard had close to 300 yds passing tonight for LHS. I thought he was the RUNNING QB?? Who taught him to passs? DANG IT!

Congrats on the great comeback, Gallatin! I planned to change my pick after I heard LHS had several linemen injured, but forgot to do it b/f I left for our game. DANG IT!

I gave you a headsup on that 2p.

Maynard was very elusive and was killing us with the sweep early on. Crudup was catching everything thrown to him and making huge runs after the catch. He has got some serious speed. Gallatin didn't have the best night in the defensive backfield with many blown coverages. I think Crudup had well over 200 yards recieving. Lebanon is very tricky when they punt. Maynard is the punter and they split a couple out when they get into that situation. They beat us bad on those.

Really good game from a fan perspective, lots of excitement down to the wire.

Do they still go for it on 4th down every time? Oh wait, you said Maynard PUNTED for them?? Lebanon PUNTS the ball and the QB can pass? YIKES, I dread playing them. About how many did they dress tonight?

Around 45 I would say. Both sides had a few cramps show up. Even one official went down with them. They had solid play in the lines but after the momenteum switched they looked worn out. Our QB and running back each had over 100 yards. But at first it looked like a long night.

Around 45 I would say. Both sides had a few cramps show up. Even one official went down with them. They had solid play in the lines but after the momenteum switched they looked worn out. Our QB and running back each had over 100 yards. But at first it looked like a long night.

I would love to see the replay on this one. Sounds like a classic game to me . Was there a big crowd?