Gallatin @ Lebanon

wave13

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen or heard much from Lebanon this offseason. I do know that Gallatin has a lot of talent and some new looks to both offense and defense. The new 3-3 stack D has been great for the wave since its inception this summer. Lebanon and Gallatin is always a good one, and I don't see any reason why this one wouldn't be great.

I have not seen or heard much from Lebanon this offseason. I do know that Gallatin has a lot of talent and some new looks to both offense and defense. The new 3-3 stack D has been great for the wave since its inception this summer. Lebanon and Gallatin is always a good one, and I don't see any reason why this one wouldn't be great.

The D that was installed should help Gallatin, especially once the kids don't have to think about what to do. They have improved with each week and scrimmage.

The offense has the potential to be really good this year. However, I wasn't too impressed with it this past Friday night against White House. They will get it going and should be more productive this season though.

I haven't heard anything about Lebanon except that Beech beat them in a scrimmage... but I don't know that for a fact. Can anyone confirm if that's true?

The D that was installed should help Gallatin, especially once the kids don't have to think about what to do. They have improved with each week and scrimmage.

The offense has the potential to be really good this year. However, I wasn't too impressed with it this past Friday night against White House. They will get it going and should be more productive this season though.

I haven't heard anything about Lebanon except that Beech beat them in a scrimmage... but I don't know that for a fact. Can anyone confirm if that's true?

http://www.wilsonpost.com/index.php?option...55&Itemid=4

http://www.lebanondemocrat.com/news.php?viewStory=4236

I was not at the jamboree so I don't have any first hand info. about this but it sounds like Lebanon couldn't hold onto the ball. I have heard that the starters are solid for Lebanon, however depth is an issue. Can't wait to get my first look at the Blue Devils this Friday. With Riverdale & Smyrna going down this past Friday it looks like the top two spots in 4-5A may not be locked down as we have become accustomed to, so it should be an exciting season.

http://www.wilsonpost.com/index.php?option...55&Itemid=4

http://www.lebanondemocrat.com/news.php?viewStory=4236

I was not at the jamboree so I don't have any first hand info. about this but it sounds like Lebanon couldn't hold onto the ball. I have heard that the starters are solid for Lebanon, however depth is an issue. Can't wait to get my first look at the Blue Devils this Friday. With Riverdale & Smyrna going down this past Friday it looks like the top two spots in 4-5A may not be locked down as we have become accustomed to, so it should be an exciting season.

Thanks, firstandgoal, for the links. Turnovers will cost you almost every time. This should be a good game on Friday night.

Go Wave

Thanks, firstandgoal, for the links. Turnovers will cost you almost every time. This should be a good game on Friday night.

Go Wave

friday nite at the jamborree Gallatin looked good at times on both sides of the ball against a very talented and well coach whitehouse team...Do look much better this year than last year...They will have to play and error free game to beat lebanon...Lebanon is a well disiplined football team and always play Gallatin with a lot of heart...I see this one as a close one...This game will a great test for the wave to see if they have improved over last year...Difference in the wave this year is that they can throw the ball so teams may beware about putting 9 to 10 men in the box...the wave have a good group of recievers who can catch the ball so this team just maybe exciting to watch ithis season...Lets go gallatin fans and lets fill up the blue devil staduim friday nite...

The thing that will give the Wave an advantage in this game will be the ability to continuously rotate defensive players. In the Beech scrimmage a week ago Friday, Gallatin played 12 different linebackers and 8 or 9 different d-linemen. This is exciting for a Wave fan, because they will have the depth to keep fresh legs on the field all night. I can't wait to kick the season off Friday at Lebanon. Its always fun to play there, but its much more fun to win there /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I can't wait for Friday night either! Last year we got manhandled on the line and the Blue Devils ran around and through our defense pretty much at will. Just a reminder, Maynard had about 80 yards and Benford had about 60 yards on the ground. Both return in the backfield. And don't forget about Crudup at split catching that long 70 yard pass for a td right before the half. Several linemen return for Lebanon with a good year under their belt so this will definitely be a good test for the Wave. I have seen several really good things that I like about Gallatin this year, depth, better focus, lots of good skill people everywhere and it appears a lot of desire to erase the memory of last year. Also I think that our scrimmage schedule has really been a plus this year. Last year we had only one scrimmage before opening game. All of that I hope will bold well for the Green Wave. Now if Lebanon wants to lay it on the ground a few times, heck that will be just fine too. One thing I hope the staff is addressing are the numerous penalties that we have been having. We had several big ones in the scrimmage with White House. Overall this is always a great game with good fan support from both sides and with region 4 not such a sure thing this year, like firstandgoal stated, the door may have opened for Lebanon to make a statement. Conversely Gallatin needs to make one as well after a subpar showing last year. All the intangibles make this a very interesting season opener for both squads.