HAMPTON VS. ONEIDA

Is this really the first you have heard of the transfer from Etown?

you been posting a long time smashmouth, never seen you so easily provoked, the Price kid might be a fluke, but it does mean one thing ,a new era for region 1, Passing the ball in a smashmouth region, sorry for the pun

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This transfer is nothing Oneida hasn't seen before. In fact, their probably used to playing against better. Its not like they are going to have to stop Mark Byrd. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Price is no Byrd (probably will never see another one) and he is not as good as Lunceford either. But Lunceford already had one year of experience under his belt at this point in his career. I believe Price might be more physically gifted than Lunceford was. He is much quicker and faster when running with the ball than Lil Mike. There were alot of situations last week when he got pressured by the Longhorns and was able to escape. Im not sure Michael would have been able to get out of those situations. Price may even have a stronger arm. But he is not as accurate with his passes or as football "smart" as Michael. Michael knew everything that was going on on the field. Thats what made him the best QB in Hampton's history and that's why he holds every QB record at Hampton. That's also what will make him a great coach just like Big Mike...

you been posting a long time smashmouth, never seen you so easily provoked, the Price kid might be a fluke, but it does mean one thing ,a new era for region 1, Passing the ball in a smashmouth region, sorry for the pun

The facts show that Oneida??™s offense is doing much better. Against big teams and little teams and fat ones and skinny ones??¦.. If you need further proof, ask Coach Wright to see the stat book??¦yds per game, first downs per game, 10 play drives, etc??¦The coaches have sacrificed way too much time so that these boys can get in the weight room and on the field to say otherwise. That??™s all I have to say about that.

Why don??™t you just talk smack, MuleDog. Borrow some stuff from slimpickins routine. He??™s funny about half the time. Talk about the rain. A wet, soggy field is gonna play into Hampton??™s hand big time! The kid that transfered to Hampton is a great topic to argue against an Oneida victory.

The fact is, IF the Indians will stay focused, take care of their bodies and listen to the coaches and not the hype, they will be very good this year. It's gonna be a fun year. PCC.

Certainly the closer we get to lift off, the more desirable it's becoming to hitch-hike up to that little corner of the State. If you really break it all down, Oneida should be considered at even odds to travel up there and find a way to win this ballgame. Hampton has never been an easy opponent, and it isn't likely they are going to start becoming one any time soon. Oneida will have to play well to get what they want in the outcome. Although I don't think it will occur, their offense has grown (matured) enough to get 4 or five scores against the Bulldogs. Lambert's Defense will prove to be the difference in this match-up. They are very opportunistic (one turnover last week = six points) and really have good depth this year. Hampton, if they pass much, will have to get rid of it fast because the DL's will arrive pretty quickly! I would think the Oneida DB's are good and they do make plays on the ball. (one dropped interception and 4 or 5 balls batted down) Rockwood ran a spread offense last week without a lot of success, meaning all their yards were well earned. Based on the team I saw last year and the number of players graduating from it, I will be very surprised if Hampton is as quick and athletic as the team we just faced. But, that's just me! In my heart of hearts, Oneida will win this football game. Thats not to be cocky or condescending, it just happens to be the truth. Will it be a reality.....I guess I'll just have to hitch-hike up there to find out!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazito Luno /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

You're right, Kazzy. Oneida is tough as nails. Hampton is still good, but no where near what they were last year. You can't lose a leader like Micheal Lunsford, Steven Roop, and Dustin Jaynes and it not affect you somehow. The days of the QB running around the end are over. Mark Byrd is gone. There will never be another QB in this area that can consistently outrun everyone to the corner and run up field every other play. If the Indians stop the QB, then Hampton has few other options. Be careful if you hitch hike up the mountain. Serial-murderers are lurking behind the trees. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Zazzy /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

hey there kaz ole buddy me an the herd will stop & pick ya up on the way.(hope ya don't mind eatin pork n beans) an we'll get somebody ridin shotgun to keep a sharp eye out for serial murders, /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> the injuns will come up there to win not just play or roll over 'cause there in the dogpound. if any of 'em think they're gonna lose then stay at home. i think the tribe pulls this one out in a thriller.

Well, we ain't had no problem with "injuns" up here in northeast Tennessee in quite a long time. I hear some are headed up this way again this Friday. I think our young Hampton Bulldogs will be ready to put up a good fight!!!!! Come on up!!!!!!!

Go Dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat Oneida!!!!!!!!!!

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GR69, /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" hhhmmmm......ain't ring'in no bells?!?! Can you give me a hint? My track record isn't exactly "sterling" in the location of serial murderers. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Go figure? Who knows what plans my lovely skillet wielding squaw has in store for me on the weekend. I do know I'll be hopping around the fair with the kiddies during the day! I can hardly wait! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Remember I did say lovely! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> How am I to assertain that you aren't one of the aforementioned serial killin' dudes!?!? You can't be too safe these days. Likewise, what if you are really a GhostRidette69.......then I'm going to have some serious explaining to do to the squaw when I get back home. Thanks for the invitation, I just may get lucky and take you up on it!

Kazanity

Come on up here indians. We can't wait til Friday night. Nothin like a good football game on a late August night. Oh yeah, did you hear the one about the cowboy and the muslim extremist?

Three strangers awaiting their flights strike up a conversation in the airport passenger lounge in Knoxville, Tennessee. One is an American Indian passing through from Oneida. Another is a Cowboy on his way to Hampton Tennesse for a football game. And the third is a fundamentalist Arab student, newly arrived at University of Tennessee from the Middle East who is headed to a training conference Johnson City, Tennessee.

Their discussion drifts to their diverse cultures. Soon, the two men learn that the Arab is a devout, radical Muslim who supports Osama Bin Laden's Jihad, so the conversation falls into an uneasy lull. The cowboy leans back in his chair, crosses his boots on a magazine table and tips his big sweat-stained hat forward over his face. The wind outside is blowing tumbleweeds around, and the old windsock is flapping; but still . . . no plane comes.

Finally, ! the American Indian clears his throat and softly, he speaks, "At one time here, my people were many, but sadly, now we are few."

The Muslim student raises an eyebrow and leans forward, "Once my people were few," he sneers, "and now we are many. Why do you suppose that is?"

The Hampton cowboy shifts his toothpick to one side of his mouth and from the darkness beneath his Stetson says in a drawl, "That's 'cause we ain't played Cowboys and Muslims yet, . . . but I do believe it's a-comin'."