Antioch @ Riverdale week 1

lastone2know

Overall good win that was needed. I think chasiing those athletes that Antioch had will make us better. It will be interesting to see the stats tomorrow...not much defense played tonight.

Good step forward but it gets real next Friday night....huge one coming up.

Congrats to the warriors on a good win!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better enthusiasm tonight by my WARRIORS now its time to get back to real football and into region play where it counts

tonight was a great night started off seeing TDCman at the bar b q hosted my the riverdale basketball teams all you could eat for $5 i was all on it had a great conversation with the new girls basketball coach then strolled over to the field and watched my WARRIOR football team take care of business couple of players stood out to me...Sherrill is a legit player is looked good last week against jokeland and he looked good tonight against antioch..if he keeps the grades he can play somewhere he has good speed and is tough to bring down ebal looked good tonight too it is easy to see that he is the true leader on this team i think its gonna be as ebal goes so does the team

On defense i wanna give big props to TC Smoots heard he had a lot of tackles last week and i know he had several this week poor kid can not put any meat on them bones but he wants it and plays hard the bad part is it is not good when you free saftey is one of your leading tacklers...I also liked #4 i think his name is Howse (not many of the howse goes to RIVERDALE they usually go to oakland but we will take him)he looked really good tonight he has a lot of potential i do not know him or know what year he is but he has good size and speed on his INT tonight he knew what to do with it when he got it

our punter is probably the best punter we have had at RIVERDALE in YEARS he can really get that thing out of there

ROLL UP YOUR SLEEVES AND GO TO WRK TO BEAT blackman

GO WARRIORS

Indeed it is. The loss is probably the best thing to happen for Riverdale, its rids them of all the bandwagon scum.............

WHILE I AGREE that at times a loss can be a learning experience and an eye opener but losing to oakland is never good although it has only happened 10 times it is still never good...i think what gets me the most about that loss is that we didnt come out ready to play in the first half...first game of the year and against oakland and we come out flat I just didnt understand that BUT this week they came out much better and ready to play...like i said in last weeks post the last time we lost to oakland (wasnt region game though)we made it to the state championship game so the season is far from over

now i want to addrress your bandwagon comments...during basketball where are all your fans? thats right they are there and they wear these board out butin football you hardly see them...meanwhile the same fans that post on football post on basketball except maybe LOD but he still reads them he just doesnt know much about them

WHILE I AGREE that at times a loss can be a learning experience and an eye opener but losing to oakland is never good although it has only happened 10 times it is still never good...i think what gets me the most about that loss is that we didnt come out ready to play in the first half...first game of the year and against oakland and we come out flat I just didnt understand that BUT this week they came out much better and ready to play...like i said in last weeks post the last time we lost to oakland (wasnt region game though)we made it to the state championship game so the season is far from over

now i want to addrress your bandwagon comments...during basketball where are all your fans? thats right they are there and they wear these board out butin football you hardly see them...meanwhile the same fans that post on football post on basketball except maybe LOD but he still reads them he just doesnt know much about them

Oakland has me and 2p, thats all they need /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Evidently, you don't know what you are talking about.

Well evidently making the team MAD worked because tonight they looked like R'dale.

And No, I do not visit the basketball boards hardly at all. I know basketball but do not follow it at the HS level.

Clone enjoyed the game as well as he is home on R&R.

car troubles cost me from missing atleast the 2nd half...i had already got a call saying riverdale was up 21-0 and then had started making my way

every once in a while, that wingt just shows up in a HUGE fashion. the warriors had already racked up 305 yards by HALF TIME. DNJ said Joey Lee had rushed for 65 yards on two carries by then, dont know how many he finished with.

in the post game article it said DeQuinton Sherrill rushed for 133 yards and two touchdowns on only seven carries, whlie Aaron Ebalaroza gained 140 yards and one touchdown on 10 carries

also as riverdaleman mentioned Smoots, i also want to give props to #11 Andrew Miller. he's the smallest one out there on the field starting at linebacker but played with alot of heart against oakland last week and i heard he had 6 tackles in the first quarter alone.

did Howse have one or two INT's?

I think Howse had both Ints.

Have to agree with Riverdalemen on Sherrill. He has stood out and really started getting up field for positive yardage. He had a great catch last week as well.

I think we went 2 for 2 passing.

No fumbles!

Smoots has looked good consistently since the Mcgavock scrimmage. We just need to load him up with biscuits and gravy for every meal.

The offense had almost the perfect game. I'm gonna guess that the defense gave up almost 300 yards. They still seemed to start really slow. Tackling was pretty darn bad at times. Only allowed 7 points and that is really good.

The most amazing thing of the night was that we actually did a substituion on the OL. #61 subbed in at center a couple times and played really well. He's just a soph but looks like he can play on Saturday's if he wants it bad enough.

Was it three or four kicks we had blocked? That has to get fixed.

Gott get loaded up...heading down to Atlanta for the BAMA - Clemson game.