Hey King Brian

rufus22

King B, I have seen the Morgan County Sports Page and you do an absolutely fabulous job. If all those ingrates want to ship you out of town, heck move North and we'll find a spot for you. I don't think Scott or Oneida is undercovered, but our sports coverage spans about 2 pages on a big week. I believe I once saw 5 or 6 pages of local sport in the Morgan County Paper. That tells me you earn your pay. We have two fine local papers, and the writers up here are appreciated (at least I appreciate them!), maybe we could locate a spot for such a respected writer in the area.

Sure is neat talking X's and O's with you from time to time. I waiting for a coacht roundtable discussion consisting of such legends as Festus, Writtenword, Pujo, KingB, Kazam, SCW86, YDKM, CYJacket (if he comes out of his hole), P22, Cleatlessinjun', Slimpkins, StateChamp'92, and anyone else that wants to chime in on sports in our neck of the woods.

No opinion on Harrison....but he seems to have little regard for his surroundings?!?! If he's dissing you, I wouldn't think his public relations team is very good at all! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazarus /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KingB, we have not always seen eye to eye but I enjoy reading your articles enough that the family subscribes to The Morgan County News.

Since Richard Magyar passed away you are the only person around who cares enough about the kids to put the things in the paper that the majority of people actually purchase it for.

Thanks for all you do! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

YDKM

King B, I have seen the Morgan County Sports Page and you do an absolutely fabulous job. If all those ingrates want to ship you out of town, heck move North and we'll find a spot for you. I don't think Scott or Oneida is undercovered, but our sports coverage spans about 2 pages on a big week. I believe I once saw 5 or 6 pages of local sport in the Morgan County Paper. That tells me you earn your pay. We have two fine local papers, and the writers up here are appreciated (at least I appreciate them!), maybe we could locate a spot for such a respected writer in the area.

Sure is neat talking X's and O's with you from time to time. I waiting for a coacht roundtable discussion consisting of such legends as Festus, Writtenword, Pujo, KingB, Kazam, SCW86, YDKM, CYJacket (if he comes out of his hole), P22, Cleatlessinjun', Slimpkins, StateChamp'92, and anyone else that wants to chime in on sports in our neck of the woods.

No opinion on Harrison....but he seems to have little regard for his surroundings?!?! If he's dissing you, I wouldn't think his public relations team is very good at all! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Kazarus /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey Kaz-sign me up old buddy, I'll be there! You're right about KingB;he deserves accolades, not criticism! SOmething else here: you know the guy loves what he does because I'm sure he doesn't make a king's (pardon the pun!) ransom in that job. I mean how many people really LOVE what they do? As for me and Kaz, we're looking for early retirement so we can go hang out at McDonalds, drink coffee and gripe ! BTW Kaz-Slimpickens? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING,bro?

Thanks for the kind words youdontknowme. I know we haven't seen eye to eye on things in the past, but I never hold grudges and everybody has an opinion on everything and I respect your opinions. Talking about Richard, that was one person that put his whole life into the newspaper business and I was fortunate enough to count him as one of my true friends in the business. He really spoiled Oneida and Scott County folks alike with his coverage of sports up there and I always valued his opinion. He is one of the guys in the paper business that I really respected and I knew how much he put into his job.

King Brine does an eggsellent job as sportsriter, amd do does Tank Jonsoon at "The Oake Ridjjer." I dom,t reade the Climton Coureir or the Roame Cownty News, so I can,t commint on them.

One more thang---if Coache Curdis Newburry wuz still at Sunbrite, I garontee that sooner or latter Sunbrite wood bee on probatiom or get the deathe pennalty. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I just want to say thanks for the comments. I take a lot of pride in doing my job and I really, really enjoy doing it. I have had some opportunities to go other place during the past, but I consider Morgan County my home. I have some very, very good friends that I would not have made if not for my job. Like I said in the paper, there are many folks that don't like me and that is just part of the job and I really could care less, but I just ask that I can have access to give every single team in Morgan County so I can give them the best coverage I can on a weekly basis.

I let a lot of stuff just roll off my back with the calls and comments I get about their kid not getting the coverage they deserve or their kids stats were better than what I had in the paper. The one that tops them all is 2 or 3 years ago I was informed that a local politician was counting my camera flashes during a Coalfield at Wartburg basketball game. Said I had taken more pictures of Coalfield than Wartburg. My thing on that is, every picture that I shot during that game had to have Coalfield and Wartburg people in it. And I don't put every single picture in the paper any way. I still smile and scratch my head at the same time when I think back about that one.

I'm fair game to take shots at (I have made some mistakes unintentionally over the years in the paper) and I kind of learned over the years that you can't make everybody happy, but if I do my job the best I can then I will at least make most of them satisfied with what I'm doing. These past few years, parents have become increasingly more concerned about whether little Johnny gets his name mentioned or gets all the glory than whether they win or lose.

Wartburg and Oakdale have both recently snapped long suffering losing streaks and I was tickled to death for both teams and the kids for experiencing that winning feeling, but in both instances I had a disgruntled parent about their kid didn't get mentioned. Like I tell folks, I wish had the space, time, and resources to list every player's name each week, get a picture of them in the paper each week, but that just isn't possible. Just thought I would share some of the stuff I deal with from time to time.

I feel your pain. And I second what Kaz said about the quality of your work.

Kazdaddy, I'm not sure how my name wound up on that list but you just take it right off. I'm not sure how many of those people I would want to be associated with. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Kazdaddy, I'm not sure how my name wound up on that list but you just take it right off. I'm not sure how many of those people I would want to be associated with. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Ol' Writtenword just getting on here to say he won't associate with us......You could probably LEARN a wholelot from this group. Before you respond, remember I said learn a whole lot...I didn't say "what" you would learn though. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />