Congratulations RAVENWOOD! Brentwood Academy 21 Ravenwood 22

WarriorFan

My wife went to BA. I have been to many BA games. You spoke of heart. One thing that I thought was weird was the home team taking the other side of the field. This may have changed since I have been there (2006) with Potter taking over, but talk about dry, the team belongs by the fans and should be allowed to show some emotion. Flatt allowed neither, I personally think that theory was off. Just a thought, it may be different now.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Raptors for breaking the jinx! In the 80's and mid-90's there was no way a WillCo team was going to beat BA. Around the end of the 90's, both Brentwood and Franklin improved their programs and gave kids who once thought the only place to play football in WillCo was to go private, another option. Ravenwood and Indy came on the seen and saw success as well.

Since then, the games have gotten progressively closer- often times hinging on just a kick, a pass, a tackle, or a penalty that always seemed to go BA's way. Not after last night.

Now, the area publics have local kids staying in the neighborhood and playing ball. BA's players, meanwhile, have come from further and further away from the neighborhood. Heart? Maybe, but there is a lot to be said for representing your own turf, winning for your neighborhood.

Hopefully, this will be like when Roger Bannister broke the 4:00 minute mile- 91 people did it the next year.

On BA's side- don't go down to Prattville and embarrass the state.

WAY TO GO RED TAIL HAWKS ON THIS HISTORIC VICTORY!

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Congrats to the Ravenwood team and Coach Rector. Game planning, practice,

heart of a lion will win lots of games. Coach Rector has always impressed, and his willingness to roll the dice in pressure situations is amazing. 2pt conversion for the win is one thing, but then the on-side kick was really riverboat gambler call. Coach Rector!!!!! Wow!!!!!!

Congratulations to the Raptors for breaking the jinx! In the 80's and mid-90's there was no way a WillCo team was going to beat BA. Around the end of the 90's, both Brentwood and Franklin improved their programs and gave kids who once thought the only place to play football in WillCo was to go private, another option. Ravenwood and Indy came on the seen and saw success as well.

Since then, the games have gotten progressively closer- often times hinging on just a kick, a pass, a tackle, or a penalty that always seemed to go BA's way. Not after last night.

Now, the area publics have local kids staying in the neighborhood and playing ball. BA's players, meanwhile, have come from further and further away from the neighborhood. Heart? Maybe, but there is a lot to be said for representing your own turf, winning for your neighborhood.

Hopefully, this will be like when Roger Bannister broke the 4:00 minute mile- 91 people did it the next year.

On BA's side- don't go down to Prattville and embarrass the state.

WAY TO GO RED TAIL HAWKS ON THIS HISTORIC VICTORY!

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I agree that in recent years, with the quality of football in Wilco getting better and better, that it was just a matter of time until one of the teams beat BA. Ravenwood has come the closest in the last three or four year with the game 2 years ago being the most obvious example (a game that by all accounts, Ravenwood should have won).

I don't agree that this has anything to do with "representing your own turf, winning for your neighborhood" though. The majority of the kids on BA's team continue to be from Wilco or close over the line in Davidson. I think this is more a testament to the population growth in Wilco and the overall quality of life. BA, while private, still remains an important part of Wilco life for many and we take just as much pride in our "neighborhood" as anybody.

The fact that there is such a high quality of football being played around our county - both public an private (see Franklin v McCallie last night; BGA v Davidson Acd; Brentwood v Smyrna; Indy vs Kenwood . . . etc.) should make us all proud . . .

From what I have seen of this BA team, the secondary is the weak link. Every coach has to think that the D line will stop their run, so they air it out a lot. The BA secondary looks like a Jr. high team in comparison. IHS threw nearly 40 passes last week. I have to assume that Ravenwood did a lot of passing too.

It also doesn't hurt when Rector is willing to go for 2 with 12 seconds to go and the game on the line.

Congrats to the Ravenwood team and Coach Rector. Game planning, practice,

heart of a lion will win lots of games. Coach Rector has always impressed, and his willingness to roll the dice in pressure situations is amazing. 2pt conversion for the win is one thing, but then the on-side kick was really riverboat gambler call. Coach Rector!!!!! Wow!!!!!!

Sorry, I will have to disagree with the on-side kick being a riverboat gambler call. That was the ONLY option Coach Rector had with Joshua Pleasant running back for two touchdowns. Coach Rector's chances of securing a win were much improved with the squibb kick. Yes, he rolled the dice with going for two and always does, but that onside kick was not a gutsy call given the situation. Congrats, Ravenwood. You deserved this one. I understand BA went back to the school to watch film after the game.

No one should ever underestimate Brian Rector!

Can I get an Amen to that. This, in all due respect is probably the worst Ravenwood team to hit the field since the program has began. With that said it just goes to show you where great coaching and a lot of heart and hard work can take you. Congratulations Ravenwood.

BA needs to represent our state well when they travel down to Alabama, however they lack the athletes to do it. I hope the big boys can up front can bare all of the weight.

From what I have seen of this BA team, the secondary is the weak link. Every coach has to think that the D line will stop their run, so they air it out a lot. The BA secondary looks like a Jr. high team in comparison. IHS threw nearly 40 passes last week. I have to assume that Ravenwood did a lot of passing too.

It also doesn't hurt when Rector is willing to go for 2 with 12 seconds to go and the game on the line.

As far as I know about the secondary, BA had starting corner Derek King, a Sophmore, hurt. In his place they put another sophmore number 85 I think...never played a varsity game before. Also a Sophmore Safety... as for #15 not making one of those picks at the end of the game...seems like he rather go for cheap shots instead of picks

My wife went to BA. I have been to many BA games. You spoke of heart. One thing that I thought was weird was the home team taking the other side of the field. This may have changed since I have been there (2006) with Potter taking over, but talk about dry, the team belongs by the fans and should be allowed to show some emotion. Flatt allowed neither, I personally think that theory was off. Just a thought, it may be different now.

I agree.......a great change would be to put the kids close to the stadium......always been that way and I don't understand it......You evidently HAVE been to a few BA games to know the team was never allowed to show emotion.

OK guys.....no disrespect, but here is the new name for Brian Rector on CoachT.......BR549........may be too much for you guys to spell......but my HUGE inside source from the Ravenwood qb club camp tells me that you MOMS and DADS need to "drink the Koolaid"...tell your kids "I believe in You and this team!"......if you were there....you know what I am talking about........BELIEVE IN THIS PROGRAM......Brian is a great coach....I am sure that there is a little sting in the salt from the hiring decision and Rector not getting an interview from what I hear....Potter is a great coach and he is where he is for a reason, but I am sure tonight he is thinking about this loss......this loss is a huge pill for BA to swallow. Hate to say it, but it had to happen some day...just glad my time was 25 years ago.. (1/4 of a CENTURY).... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

You are old NO doubt! You should have been at a real game last night. Ensworth....you have got to be kidding me. Are you hanging out on Hwy 100 now? Was Ricky at BA in the early 80's? I'll give you a call this week.