Can blackman make history?

hitstick

Who played QB for BHS? Was it Collier or was it Crocker? Or both?

collier played the whole game,,,,,,what you didnt see the air show? like i said in a previest post that if they dont throw the ball riverdale is going to hand them a demoralizing loss and once again sports fans i was write,,, its not that blackman didnt have the talent blackman had one disadvantage COACHING,,,,,thank god for the holding penalties if the yellow flag didnt fly last night the score would have something like 42 -14 riverdale ,,,riverdale put 8 in the box pinned ther ears back and like i said they stopped the run ,,insted of trying something different the coaching staff at blakman scratched ther heads and made ther kids bang their head against the wall again and again

we had great individual effort on blckman but the thing is that patton and bowers runnig the ball is not going to do it by itself in the spread offense,,,, goog job blackman for walking out on that field with a crutch (COACHING) YOU PLAYED YOUR HEARTS OUT i just wish the coaching staff would put theirs into it as well!!!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to give props to the Patton men last night. It seemed almost every play they were announcing tackle by Patton, run for positive yards by Patton.

Maybe what is needed is a huge breeding program by PATTON! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

The 'fumble gods' were out in force against BOTH teams last night.

BTW what happened to the fancy ball drier that R'dale used to have? If it is still there why wasn't it brought to this game? You can only keep the balls dry so much with one beach towel.

Why did Blackman call timeout after scoring the TD with a little over a minute to go in the game to kick the extra point? You can not waste a timeout at that stage of the game. I seen the kicker run and get a different helmet. Is this why? I think they should have just taken a penalty for delay of game here. If we would have had this timeout back, we might have been able to get the ball back for one last shot. Just another example of coaches that don't know what their doing.

As for the game, Riverdale did dominate this game. I do believe the rain helped Riverdale and it may have been a better game if it were dry. I was disappointed that our defense could not stop the run. Riverdale dominated the game on the line of scrimmage. Blackman did fight hard and gave it everything they had but tonight it wasnt good enough. As for the offense, about what I expected. Nothing. I do think for Blackman to turn into a team that could actually go places, they need the threat of a passing game. This would require changing quarterbacks. It appears we have 3 quarterbacks that are pretty good. Collier - If your strictly going to run, Crocker - If you need to pass and can put up with his attitude, Armstrong - Inexperienced but looks like a leader to me. It does not appear that we will change quarterbacks because there is to much bickering going on and coaches are too stubborn. It will be hard for Blackman to ever get anywhere when we are outcoached 90% of the time. This is why we always have good Freshman teams but they do not get better throughout high school. Who is the Freshman coach? Maybe he needs to be promoted.

Why did Blackman call timeout after scoring the TD with a little over a minute to go in the game to kick the extra point? You can not waste a timeout at that stage of the game. I seen the kicker run and get a different helmet. Is this why? I think they should have just taken a penalty for delay of game here. If we would have had this timeout back, we might have been able to get the ball back for one last shot. Just another example of coaches that don't know what their doing.

As for the game, Riverdale did dominate this game. I do believe the rain helped Riverdale and it may have been a better game if it were dry. I was disappointed that our defense could not stop the run. Riverdale dominated the game on the line of scrimmage. Blackman did fight hard and gave it everything they had but tonight it wasnt good enough. As for the offense, about what I expected. Nothing. I do think for Blackman to turn into a team that could actually go places, they need the threat of a passing game. This would require changing quarterbacks. It appears we have 3 quarterbacks that are pretty good. Collier - If your strictly going to run, Crocker - If you need to pass and can put up with his attitude, Armstrong - Inexperienced but looks like a leader to me. It does not appear that we will change quarterbacks because there is to much bickering going on and coaches are too stubborn. It will be hard for Blackman to ever get anywhere when we are outcoached 90% of the time. This is why we always have good Freshman teams but they do not get better throughout high school. Who is the Freshman coach? Maybe he needs to be promoted.

so please tell me how the weather would have made a BETTER difference for you?...

well... blackman took the timeout because they only had ten men on the field. and i totally agree with you that they should have just took a delay of game and took the five yards. if they had not taken that timeout then when riverdale took a knee with thirty somethin seconds left then blackman would have had a timeout they could take and they would have gotten the ball back

well... blackman took the timeout because they only had ten men on the field. and i totally agree with you that they should have just took a delay of game and took the five yards. if they had not taken that timeout then when riverdale took a knee with thirty somethin seconds left then blackman would have had a timeout they could take and they would have gotten the ball back

yeah they only had ten men on the field and they wasted a time out like you said take the penalty the kicker is good enough to make it from five yards further back ,,,,but the dumbest call of the night blackman called a timeout on the fifty yard line on fourth and about four yards to go they call timeout and then put in the punt team in to punt ,,,,,why if your going to punt then punt ,,,save the timeout !!! like i said the coaches are beating their kids heads against the wall .....at least give them a chance to win,,,,,,, coaches

yeah they only had ten men on the field and they wasted a time out like you said take the penalty the kicker is good enough to make it from five yards further back ,,,,but the dumbest call of the night blackman called a timeout on the fifty yard line on fourth and about four yards to go they call timeout and then put in the punt team in to punt ,,,,,why if your going to punt then punt ,,,save the timeout !!! like i said the coaches are beating their kids heads against the wall .....at least give them a chance to win,,,,,,, coaches

I agree with this totally. Why call timeout with about 1 1/2 minutes left in the first half and then punt. This just gave Riverdale more time to possibly score and if you did want to try to punt and stop them and get the ball back then you should have punted without taking the timeout so that you would have it to force them to punt. I don't know what these coaches are thinking sometimes or if there thinking.

Ok here I go, my first post and I am so excited!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Uh hello, I thought Blackman still had 2 timeouts left from the Lavergne game in the first half when they let the clock run out at Lavergne 35 (DUH). Blackman will struggle to score points unless they get a short field to work with or in the Riverdale game where they got a fumble for a touch and Lavergne game where they got a saftey for a ######. Or the Lincoln County game when they got a interception for a touch. The Blackman offense (which is what it is to me) would be very competetive on Saturday mornings is a junior pee wee game. These guys are coaching for their jobs and if something does not change they will be looking for one. Nothing has changed from last year only the names have been changed to protect the innocent. These guys are wasting a lot of good things like good ahtletes, great school spirit, great atmosphere, great parent envlovement, great facilities, men around the program that not only have coached at a high level but played at a high level that want to help with little things like footwork, formations etc. Hey maybe the boosters can sell nose pins for use when Blackman has the ball cause it smells.

Hey coach, good news only three more 3 and outs and the game will be over /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Bottom Line: You can not teach what you do not know and if you always do what you always done you will always get what you always got!

so please tell me how the weather would have made a BETTER difference for you?...

I do not believe Riverdale would have dominated the line of scrimmage as much on a good field. I believe Blackmans defense would have been able to contain the running game better than they did. I'm also sure Riverdale would not have fumbled as much on a dry field and Riverdale may have actually won by more points because they were clearly the better team. Blackman probably would not have scored many points on any type of field.

Ok here I go, my first post and I am so excited!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Uh hello, I thought Blackman still had 2 timeouts left from the Lavergne game in the first half when they let the clock run out at Lavergne 35 (DUH). Blackman will struggle to score points unless they get a short field to work with or in the Riverdale game where they got a fumble for a touch and Lavergne game where they got a saftey for a ######. Or the Lincoln County game when they got a interception for a touch. The Blackman offense (which is what it is to me) would be very competetive on Saturday mornings is a junior pee wee game. These guys are coaching for their jobs and if something does not change they will be looking for one. Nothing has changed from last year only the names have been changed to protect the innocent. These guys are wasting a lot of good things like good ahtletes, great school spirit, great atmosphere, great parent envlovement, great facilities, men around the program that not only have coached at a high level but played at a high level that want to help with little things like footwork, formations etc. Hey maybe the boosters can sell nose pins for use when Blackman has the ball cause it smells.

Hey coach, good news only three more 3 and outs and the game will be over /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Bottom Line: You can not teach what you do not know and if you always do what you always done you will always get what you always got!

Wow! Great 1st post and right on the money as far as I'm concerned

I do not believe Riverdale would have dominated the line of scrimmage as much on a good field. I believe Blackmans defense would have been able to contain the running game better than they did. I'm also sure Riverdale would not have fumbled as much on a dry field and Riverdale may have actually won by more points because they were clearly the better team. Blackman probably would not have scored many points on any type of field.

So you think the wet feild was worse for blackman line than ours?...I respectfully disagree i thought both of our lines were just better...our defenders didnt have any trouble and i didnt see your defenders falling or losing their footing in fact i didnt see a lot of bad footing on the feild just like i didnt see blackman fumbling the ball like we did their footballs was not any better than ours blackman just did a better job of protecting the ball in fact on the punt that was fumbled by #7 in my opinion would have been fumbled with a dry ball because he had taken his eye off the ball and was looking to make a big return like he had done on the previous kick off

now the next time we play you your line will do better and it wont be because of the weather it will be because of coaching and film study by the players

I think that the coaches at blackman did a good job of keepin the team in the game while i thought if the game plan was to throw it they should have done it until it was proven that they couldnt throw it but the coaches know the personnel better than i do and my guess is they felt under the wet conditions and wet ball that they would not be able to throw effectivley

sorry to disagree but riverdale would have dominated on a dry field they dominated on a wet field ,,,blackman defense may have played better but the outcome would have been the same,,fumbles happen no matter the conditions you just have to hold onto the ball ,,,but you are correct the ofense would have produced the same amount of points because everybody in the area knows whats coming,, run on first down ,,run on second down ,,run on third down and then punt ,,my question is why did blackman even go into the 7 on 7 this summer if they refuse to pass it seems these kids wasted their summer to practice and get better in the passing game to NOT use it