Can blackman make history?

hitstick

yall got tossed around on the line the whole night. thats why our backs where runnin over yall all night (with flags coming out like a plauge)

The problem with the game Friday night was we didn't get to Riverdale, until we had finished beating ourselves. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

"We never lost game we only ran out of time" Vince Lombardi

My Solution: On "O" I Pound the middle, play action ( I know we can't throw the ball...find a quarterback that can). On "D" I Pack the line of scrimage and make you beat me on the edge.

Football is a game of matchups, good coaches expose them!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not necessarily about the number of passes in a game vs. the number of runs. It' about either taking what you want to take because, physically you are able to; or it's about taking what the defense gives you. For example, there are times (not every single time) when we give the ball to Bowers with Patton lead blocking and we take what we want because they can physically knock down more than their fair share of defenders and/or just run through tackles. There was a similar scenario in 06 and 07 with Mauricio Wallace and his ability to have the snap go over his head, run back 10 yards, pick it up and run through the defense like I'm sure he did during recess in the 5th grade! Despite the applause on these type plays, they can't make up the majority of positive yardage plays. These type plays must be the exception.

Taking what the defense is giving is mostly about formations, alignment, and schemes. When in the "spread" (I am referring to 4-wides or a TE with 3-wides) then you must make the defense line up AND PLAY honestly. If they don't then you "take what they give you". But, with the addition of a TE, 2 backs in the backfield and no motion, that is not a spread offense ( which is fine with me - I don't really care ) and Blackman has made that adjustment in their offense for the last 2 games. Either way there are cracks in the armour of any defense and the coaches' job is to expoit that. Bobby Wells, no doubt, has the intellect and experience to figure this out more than me.

As for the abilities of the quarterbacks and recievers at Blackman to "throw on the run" and "get open", in my opinion, we should be fine. We are not lining up against LSU here. It's still just high school and I think we have ample talent to do what we need to do to win in this region. It just is going to take some further development.

Good luck BLAZE!

I completly agree, your hired! Can you start Monday? Look, I am by no means suggesting run and shoot, but finding those matchups and exposing them and here's a thought creating some. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> How about the play action to 24 on the touch, great call...first time I have seen it in three weeks. Your right this is high school football and those opportunities are there.

Don't you think that all the armchair coaches are causing some problems too? Kids hear what their parents say about the coach's calls and one of the ways to ruin a team is to make them doubt their coach b/c of remarks made by their parents.

2p, normally I would agree with you BUT, after watching the game Friday night I see it a little different. If you take away the fumbles and the two holding penalties that brought back two touchdowns it would have looked like another Rankin 63-0 game between R'dale and Blackman. I was not kidding when I said R'dale scored the first '4' touchdowns. Three for R'dale and one for Blackman.

As to line play it was TOTAL domination by R'dales O-line against Blackmans D-line. Blackman only got yards when the R'dale D-line was subbing some of the second string for experience.

The ONLY difference between this game and years gone by is that R'dale will not be running the snake for losing all the fumbles they did Friday night.

And really. One flea-flicker like play per couple games could help keep the defense even more honest. It couldn't hurt. It could only be another busted play, go figure.

OK, were going to call two plays, busted play on one, then we take time out and take a knee ready break! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Good Call Fridge!

Dajuan Brown has something wrong with one of his legs. He has limped around all year. Hurt it in the 1st game against Lavergne I believe. He is just a big body that can't move right now until his leg heals. He has tried to play every game which is admirable but he just reinjures it every game. He does not need to play anymore until his leg heals up and he can actually help the team.

i was speaking more about his career as a whole I realize he is hurt now he tore his acl last year.

LOL...guys are you not paying attention to the games..blackman has not been in the spread in 2 weeks...they have been in TE, 2 Back......lol

Siegel is running more spread than blackman is

I havent been to any games since week zero my bad i didnt know. regardless of what they are in they still need to throw the ball more