milan vs. camden week 3

lions1

It was a blown call by the back judge. He called facemask 20 yds from the play and JW pulled him down by his shoulders.

IMO Milan got the short end of the stick by the officials. I've never before seen an 'aiding the runner' call? Camden got away with two pretty obvious holding calls right in front of Milans bench. When they measured for Milan's first down when they clearly made it by over a yard, it should have raised some eyebrows. Milan had 6 penalty for 50 yards...camden 2 for 10? They were a very average team of officials at best.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO Milan got the short end of the stick by the officials. I've never before seen an 'aiding the runner' call? Camden got away with two pretty obvious holding calls right in front of Milans bench. When they measured for Milan's first down when they clearly made it by over a yard, it should have raised some eyebrows. Milan had 6 penalty for 50 yards...camden 2 for 10? They were a very average team of officials at best.

I agree. Bledsoe had that long TD run and the back judge starts yelling at him for ball. IMO, he has some issues he needs to deal with before he steps onto the field again

I gotta agree with ya buster that was an awkward call, and I'm from Camden. I didn't even know it was illegal to help the runner LOL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Congrats to Milan for the win,if thats what you call it.I would perfer to say they survived against a decent Camden team.So here we go again another year the same ole Milan team the talk will start about their run at state.Let me go ahead and tell you what will happen.First Milan might go undefeated through the regular season if they dont get the big head.They will make a run into state either getting beat in the semi finals by Goodpasture or escaping to make it to state.Now here is where the fun will begin.The best 2A team in state will be waiting.If you dont know who i am talking about it is Alcoa.Milan will come out pumped up only to be blindsided by a real powerhouse team.It will be a bloodbath.Final score somewhere in the neighborhood of 48-7 if the dogs are lucky enough to score one touchdown.Do you honestly think Camden could score 28 pts on Alcoa?Ask White House how good Alcoa is.So in closing to the Alcoa team and their fans let me go ahead and congradulate you.You will win state.Milan is a joke and Goodpasture is about the same.

Well, first of all this decent Camden team came within a couple of points of beating GP in the quarters last year. GP aint no slouch. You say they survived. Well they went up 35-7, and maybe they did try to coast, but they apparently can flip a switch when they want. Alcoa may very well be the best 2A team in the state. they may be the best 3A team in the state as far as talent goes. That doesn't mean we aren't deserving. For that matter, if we get the chance, we will hang with anybody. Milan has never been blindsided bay a team period. We are too well coached for that to happen. Lastly, Milan aint no joke. They are the winningest program in west tn. I believe they are in the top 10 in the state's history with 4 state titles. Definitely number 1 in west tn. So, like I said. Sounds like you have something personal against Milan. That's o.k. We don't want you to pull for us. By the way, I truly do hope to hear from you in Dec.

I knew that it wasnt going to be that great of a game Milan flexed their muscles all night. Somebody tell me why Gilbert wants out all the time when we need him. 1 Camden fan was mad because he was pushing 350 and had an E on his chest with his number on his back! He probably got some calls. Camden was OK but not impressive to me. I think that Huntingdon can beat them. Lets see how far this Camden team can make it. Dogs should crush Scumboldt this week.

I knew that it wasnt going to be that great of a game Milan flexed their muscles all night. Somebody tell me why Gilbert wants out all the time when we need him. 1 Camden fan was mad because he was pushing 350 and had an E on his chest with his number on his back! He probably got some calls. Camden was OK but not impressive to me. I think that Huntingdon can beat them. Lets see how far this Camden team can make it. Dogs should crush Scumboldt this week.

I don't think Gilbert "wanted" out. He got pulled out for rest a few times and when he fumbled, but he was obviously upset about being taken out and he was back in shortly thereafter. Bear in mind, he plays both sides of the ball.

Well, first of all this decent Camden team came within a couple of points of beating GP in the quarters last year. GP aint no slouch. You say they survived. Well they went up 35-7, and maybe they did try to coast, but they apparently can flip a switch when they want. Alcoa may very well be the best 2A team in the state. they may be the best 3A team in the state as far as talent goes. That doesn't mean we aren't deserving. For that matter, if we get the chance, we will hang with anybody. Milan has never been blindsided bay a team period. We are too well coached for that to happen. Lastly, Milan aint no joke. They are the winningest program in west tn. I believe they are in the top 10 in the state's history with 4 state titles. Definitely number 1 in west tn. So, like I said. Sounds like you have something personal against Milan. That's o.k. We don't want you to pull for us. By the way, I truly do hope to hear from you in Dec.

hufstedler02... Let me please correct you on this one. Milan has a great program with their state titles and they are the benchmark for all other programs here in West Tennessee. According to the High School Football Database, Milan has a record since 1922 of 540-311-16 for a winning percentage of 63%. Although Huntingdon records only are complete back to 1930 (Modern Era) our record is 553-269-15 for a slightly better winning percentage of 67%..

Believe it or not but the HHS library has all the yearbooks dating back to 1930 on file. Hopefully I will someday research past editions of the Huntingdon newspaper for earlier records.

I'm an outsider and have no dog in this race so I'm not bias on either team. Please dont compare Huntingdon to Milan, theres no comparison on who has the best tradition or who has been the best football team in west Tennessee over the last 40 years.

Its Milan hands down.

Greenfieldfan... you're right you don't have "a dog in the race". I was only correcting a previous poster about all time wins in West Tennessee and then added winning percentage as an extra point. Doesn't really matter what others think, does it? What matters is the next game. Each year and each team is different than the previous year.

hufstedler02... Let me please correct you on this one. Milan has a great program with their state titles and they are the benchmark for all other programs here in West Tennessee. According to the High School Football Database, Milan has a record since 1922 of 540-311-16 for a winning percentage of 63%. Although Huntingdon records only are complete back to 1930 (Modern Era) our record is 553-269-15 for a slightly better winning percentage of 67%..

Believe it or not but the HHS library has all the yearbooks dating back to 1930 on file. Hopefully I will someday research past editions of the Huntingdon newspaper for earlier records.

Let me be more specific. No one in West Tn. has more state titles. No one is West Tn. has to the semi's as many times as Milan. No one has been to quarters as many times in a row as Milan. While Huntingdon does have a slightly better winning percentage, when you add up all the stats no one can argue which program in West Tn. is really the best. I hope you understand that I am not trying to slap Huntingdon in the face, but I would put them below Milan with total body of work.

I gotta agree with ya buster that was an awkward call, and I'm from Camden. I didn't even know it was illegal to help the runner LOL /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It was a good game until midway of the third when Camden threw the pick. Even though it

was fairly close on the scoreboard, you just knew it was a matter of time. Camden has a good

team but Milan just had them bested all over the field. Camden did display a lot of courage and

kept on fighting till the end. I thought the Camden coaches did a good job to make some adjustments

and slowed Milan down after the first couple of series. It looked like it was gonna be a blow out until they

made those adjustments.

I was really impressed by the Milan QB and the Tailback. The QB is a big kid and ran and threw the

ball well. Number 22 for Camden is a gritty player and he was all over the field.

Milan may have a shot this year!

It was a good game until midway of the third when Camden threw the pick. Even though it

was fairly close on the scoreboard, you just knew it was a matter of time. Camden has a good

team but Milan just had them bested all over the field. Camden did display a lot of courage and

kept on fighting till the end. I thought the Camden coaches did a good job to make some adjustments

and slowed Milan down after the first couple of series. It looked like it was gonna be a blow out until they

made those adjustments.

I was really impressed by the Milan QB and the Tailback. The QB is a big kid and ran and threw the

ball well. Number 22 for Camden is a gritty player and he was all over the field.

Milan may have a shot this year!

Guest nwtnsports

Just to clarify further. Milan has been playing football since 1922, but like Huntingdon, our records are only complete back to 1930. So that record is from 1930 to the present, 541-311-16 (.623) after Friday night's win. Huntingdon is 554-269-15 (.661). That means that Huntingdon does have 13 more wins and a higher winning percentage.

Be that as it may, you're right about the next game being the only one that matters. Maybe we can just say that these two programs are the best in West Tennessee in Class AA. But don't forget about Camden's success the past few years and the excellent job by Coach Ward and his staff.

Just to clarify further. Milan has been playing football since 1922, but like Huntingdon, our records are only complete back to 1930. So that record is from 1930 to the present, 541-311-16 (.623) after Friday night's win. Huntingdon is 554-269-15 (.661). That means that Huntingdon does have 13 more wins and a higher winning percentage.

Be that as it may, you're right about the next game being the only one that matters. Maybe we can just say that these two programs are the best in West Tennessee in Class AA. But don't forget about Camden's success the past few years and the excellent job by Coach Ward and his staff.

Take it to another tread guys.....this one is done.......Milan won, camden lost......period.......none of us care who has the better program.......milan stomped huntington this year.......and camden.....they are the better program.......get over it