milan vs. camden week 3

lions1

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to a very good Milan team I look for you guys to go far... Good luck the rest of the season.

Congrats to a young Lion team that never gave up even when they were gassed, cramped and hurting. We definitely had our chances to make this a whole lot closer but kept shooting ourselves in the foot. I saw some young inexperienced players maturing right before my eyes. Even though this feels lousy right now, games like this only make us better. Hopefully #32 Shannon will be ok and that there won't be any lasting injuries on either team. Time to move on to a region foe next week...Adamsville here the Lions come. Go LIONS!

Good win for Milan over a good team in Camden. Thought the dawgs played pretty sloppy after we went up 35-7. Fumbles, missed tackles, allowing them to convert on several 4th downs. Gilbert was nasty with a couple of stiff arms, had a little trouble holding onto ball later in the game though. Seemed like Avery made 30 tackles. That was supposed to be the best team we play all year. Gotta stay focused and healthy. I assume Adkisson will be back next week.

Once again K Ward & staff have done a great job. Hope the Kid that was hurt is Ok. I think he should be, as he was moving legs, probably just precautionary. Camden is scrappy. I like the way they get after people. Never quit.

Milan is very talented. Right now Milan reminds me of the 03 team. They are not playing as hard or as smart as they could be. Not as much intensity as there should be. Just coasting along, just a tad over confident. And it may not happen for a while, but with the talent they have they should get to the finals, but it will be there over confident attitude if they don't. 03 all over again. And I lay part of that on Milan coaches. They were a big reason it happened in 03.

Congrats to the Camden Lions - You guys battled hard all game long and never stopped fighting, even with 5.6 seconds left /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" . I hope the young man that had to taken off the field is ok and it was just done as a precaution. You never want to see that situation on a field. You guys had quite a few boys that got shook up and had to call time to get back. That just shows how physical the game was for both teams. It really looked rough out on the lines tonight.

Proud of the Bulldogs - From the first play of the game you guys show ability. Definitely a few things to work on. We killed ourselves with some untimely and some questionable penalties along with turnovers. Camden could have been put away when we were up 35-7. Gotta protect the ball a little better and you could tell we were missing one of our regulars on D tonight. Humboldt will bring all they have Friday night and we better be ready for another fight. Good Job Purple - Keep working to improve. You are not as good as you can be!!!

BTW - PAT's looked much better this week.

So Milan, go beat Alcoa. You're the best team in West TN after this game. Go get it done!

I love my Lions but we neeed to bring the Gold Ball to West TN.. LETS GO!!!!

Man milan really brought it tonight. gilbert is the real deal. milan is really good but, i don't think milan is the best team in west tennessee. That would have to be henry county after beating westview the way they did.

The player who got taken off the field is /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

did you go to the westview game?

Hopefully these 2 teams meet again in the playoffs. If camden would have limited mistakes it would have been a much closer game. The first td run by gilbert really set the tone for the game. and shannon who had the injury to his neck is okay and out of the horspital

First, I want to say congrats to Camden. They are exactly what we thought they were. A good team that played a good game. That being said, man are you crazy? The only reason it was that close is because Milan appeared to get a little over confident. 35-7. I think they thought Camden would fold. Honestly, you are going to be able to say those same words about alot of teams. Miilan will make many teams make many mistakes. Not trying to be cocky. Hope it doesn't sound that way, but that's just the way it is.

Avery is the best LB around these parts. Gilbert drove the Camden player into the ground on the first play. Tristan had a great game catching the ball

Ward knew we had a key player out on D and he attacked it well which was smart. Milan had around 500 yds. of O and Camden never quit but the wing T took to much time off the clock to catch up.

Back judge has some issues he needs to deal with.

Milan hurt themselves with a couple of dumb mistakes. How often do you see a white cap throw a flag for a QB pushing a pile when the rest of the crew hasn't blown it dead and the pile is going backwards. He is just taking care of his team mates back. That was seven points that got away and then the fumble inside the 30 after the big catch in the early part of the 4th.