Campbell Co. @ Jefferson Co.

After last years quagmire at the Cougar's den, these two teams look to add legitimacy to their resume. Campbell Co. comes into this game 2-0, after handily defeating Union Co. 33-6, and Knox Powell 41-22. Jefferson Co. comes in 1-1, with two distinctly different efforts being portrayed in their week zero victory over Greeneville 42-28 and their turnover debacle in last week's loss to Morristown West 34-20.

I'd like to hear from Campbell Co. fans concerning how their team looks to stack up against Jefferson Co. and if they fell they can compete for supremacy in the Big East this year. It appears the Cougars might be no fluke.

To Jefferson Co. fans, I'd like to inquire how you feel Jefferson Co. will do this week against the up and coming Cougars and if the Patriots can regroup after last weeks disappointment.

Anything else is welcome. Best of luck to both teams!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last years game played a huge roll in where these two squads ended up in the playoffs. Campbell County's victory last year put them in the playoffs as R1-#3 and pushed Jefferson Co. down to R1-#4, regardless both played superior teams in William Blount and Knox Farragut, but you see my point. This year is another year, should be a great game.

Campbell County fans, hope to see you post soon. Give JC4life something to talk about.

CC has one of the best teams if not the best in school history. The Cougars will be ready!

We have 22 Seniors that tasted victory last year and they aren't settling this year.

The Cougars really want it this year. And they seem to have what it takes.

JC4life...I just want to second that motion! JC4LIFE /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Last week I watched the worst Morristown West football team I have ever seen beat a much improved Jefferson County team, probably the best Jefferson County football team since the 2004 season when I played. The key factor was 6 turnovers; any team would struggle to win with 6 turnovers, unless you??™re UCLA playing The University of Tennessee. I believe that Jefferson County will probably look like a championship team at times this year, and like a coach Euverard team at others. However, I believe that Jefferson County may get to relive those ol glory days this coming Friday when the Cougars come to town.

Jeff Co - 31 Camp Co - 14

This game could really go either way. It looks as if Campbell Co. has a fairly high scoring offense which could give Jeff Co. fits, no better than they played last week on defense.

On the other side of the ball, it will most likely come down to speed. Does Campbell Co. have the speed on defense to contain McFall and company?

I'm interested to hear from some Campbell Co. fans regarding the latter.

Lastly, i'm curious to see if Jeff Co. can finally speed up the play calling. After 2 years of agonizingly slow play calling from the last coaching staff, this staff doesn't seem to get plays in any quicker.

Jefferson Co. 27

Campbell Co. 20

This game could really go either way. It looks as if Campbell Co. has a fairly high scoring offense which could give Jeff Co. fits, no better than they played last week on defense.

On the other side of the ball, it will most likely come down to speed. Does Campbell Co. have the speed on defense to contain McFall and company?

I'm interested to hear from some Campbell Co. fans regarding the latter.

Lastly, i'm curious to see if Jeff Co. can finally speed up the play calling. After 2 years of agonizingly slow play calling from the last coaching staff, this staff doesn't seem to get plays in any quicker.

Jefferson Co. 27

Campbell Co. 20

Come on now, it takes Coach Brimer a few mins to decide which side to call the FB dive to /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Come on now, it takes Coach Brimer a few mins to decide which side to call the FB dive to /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Maybe so but it gets the yardage we need when we need it. The team looked flat last week. I don't know if was over confidence, over practiced, the heat, or what. But they need to get that spark back. Thats where leadership steps in. I'm not making any predictions on the score but I will say that JC comes away with a win.