Maryville Freshmen v Alcoa JV

Rebel9

Fellers hits this simpull.....Robinette, a Mairvul citty boy wanted two come home and play.....Eye am livin' proof how good a Mairvul edgycashun iz......Lookin' fer moore "ringers"........Haz Hairtige passed Mairvul in smarts......edgycashun.....and gradgeerayshun raits?????............ /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyson wasnt supposed to go to Heritage? Ive known him for 6 years and know his family well , theyre a alcoa family , u should know this cause of his " Uncle Duck"......we all remember him dont we? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I know his family very well. His other uncle, his mother, and aunt, they all went to Heritage. If you go by where he lives, he is a Heritage kid. He played in the Eaglton pee-wee & midget league which don't mean much anymore when you have the Turbyfield bunch over there recruiting all the good athletes for the Alcoa program. For example: (McMurry, Chapman, Lequire). Back to Taharin, this kid is awsome and I am glad he is playing where he want to play and BIG DADDY wants him to play. He has a bright future ahead of him no matter where he plays football.

I know his family very well. His other uncle, his mother, and aunt, they all went to Heritage. If you go by where he lives, he is a Heritage kid. He played in the Eaglton pee-wee & midget league which don't mean much anymore when you have the Turbyfield bunch over there recruiting all the good athletes for the Alcoa program. For example: (McMurry, Chapman, Lequire). Back to Taharin, this kid is awsome and I am glad he is playing where he want to play and BIG DADDY wants him to play. He has a bright future ahead of him no matter where he plays football.

With the 19-0 win over Seymour, It looks like Maryville and Alcoa need to recruit harder over in Heritage land. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

We love our football!!!!! Blount County has some much good talent its hard to beat. I just wish we had a way to keep the kids in the schools they are supposed to attend. The competion would be so much better among the county teams, not to mention the different classes.

Patton is "supposed" to go to Maryville. That's where he lives. I think Heritage must have been recruitin' him by hirin' his Daddy. Now they hired Chip Fuller to get his kids.

In my opinion, the Robinette freshman eligibility issue really has nothing to do with Maryville vs. Heritage. It is strictly a TSSAA issue. I'm happy for Robinette that he won his appeal with the TSSAA. I am puzzled, however, how an organization like the TSSAA that is usually so inflexible would allow an exception in this case because the Repeating Rule is crystal clear. There had to be some unique circumstances for the TSSAA to rule in this manner.

In my opinion, the Robinette freshman eligibility issue really has nothing to do with Maryville vs. Heritage. It is strictly a TSSAA issue. I'm happy for Robinette that he won his appeal with the TSSAA. I am puzzled, however, how an organization like the TSSAA that is usually so inflexible would allow an exception in this case because the Repeating Rule is crystal clear. There had to be some unique circumstances for the TSSAA to rule in this manner.

Agree. Someone's good at homework. Hmmmmm.....I gotta an 8th grader. I think I'll make some calls.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The unique circumstance that got this through was probably the fact that the appeal came in on Maryville letterhead. If he had stayed at Heritage and tried this appeal, they would have been laughed out of Nashville.

If he wanted to go to Maryville after his 8th grade year, that is totally within the TSSAA rules. If he wanted to delay high school a year after passing 7th and 8th grade, the price per TSSAA rules is freshman eligibility. This rule was put in place to keep schools and parents from staging their players for sports , just like colleges do with redshirt years.

The only legitimate reason I see to grant an appeal of this rule would be if the student just barely passed, and was a really marginal student. Another year of 8th grade would help the student academically, and could be justified. However, I don't see how you can justify that an honor student with the highest ACT score of any 8th grader in the state, needs to delay starting high school for academic reasons.

Patton is "supposed" to go to Maryville. That's where he lives. I think Heritage must have been recruitin' him by hirin' his Daddy. Now they hired Chip Fuller to get his kids.

I now where Patton lives, and yes he is supposed to be at Maryville. I don't have a problem with that at all. I wish him the best.

My understanding is that Chip Fuller applied for the job and chose to leave.

I think it is important that a few things be clarified. One, the Robinettes do live in the Maryville city limits which allows him to attend Maryville or Blount County schools. However, his father is the principal at Heritage Middle and his mother is a teacher at Walland Elementary both are feeder schools to Heritage High. It is a shame that no one in the Blount County Central Office had the manhood to fire them after this occurred. As an eighth grader he scored a 30 on the ACT and has recently scored a 31. Academics is not the issue at all. He was also voted most liked or some kind of similar superlative while at HMS. The appeal stated that he needed the year to mature socially because he had some social issues which is bs. It probably did not hurt his chances of winning the appeal with Maryville's Lynn Brown on the TSSAA board.

Heritage did not recruit the Robinette family nor did it recruit the Fuller family for jobs just for their kids to play sports. Jesse Robinette has been an assistant principal at John Sevier Elementary, Maryville High School, head principal at Alcoa High School, and now principal at HMS. Imagine if he was still the principal at Alcoa and did this, he would be fired in a heart beat. It has also been said that Quarles told Jesse that this was a stupid move that will make himself and the Maryville program look bad.

As far as the education goes it is all what you and your family expect and put into it. I know people that graduated from Heritage High School that are doctors, lead engineers for major corporations, big time businessmen, etc... all making six figures or more due to their education at heritage and other places. I also know people from Maryville that are bums who have made nothing for their own lives because of what they put into education. nuff said

However, his father is the principal at Heritage Middle and his mother is a teacher at Walland Elementary both are feeder schools to Heritage High. It is a shame that no one in the Blount County Central Office had the manhood to fire them after this occurred.

Using this misguided logic, I know several folks who work for the City of Maryville (some are teachers) who need to be fired because they aren't sending their kids Maryville. Furthermore, using this logic, there are coaches at Alcoa who should be fired (because they teach at Maryville). Lots of Blount Countians work for or in Alcoa and don't send their kids to Alcoa, guess they should be fired too. Give a break!! A job should have nothing to do with an employee's "legal" personal life. Just ask Bill Clinton.

My earlier remark about Chip Fuller being given a job were with tongue firmly implanted in cheek. I just made the point because Maryville would be accused of recruiting if the shoe were on the other foot.

What's really interesting to me is that you've accused the Blount County Central Office of having a lack of manhood over a "sports" related issue. The Blount County Central Office is probably more concerned with "education" (as they well should be) and whether or not a principal in doing his/her job. This focus on "education" might be a foreign issue to some observers.