Bearden @ Farragut

FHS_Admiral

Typically, this is one of those games where you never know what can happen. Not this year, pal. Polls..schmolls...We don't give toot what the polls say. The Ads are well grounded and have never played more like a team than now. We've got as good a running game as we've ever had but the passing is better than ever and probably better than many college programs. We've got depth on the line, backfield, receivers, and DBs. We're headed to murf this year.

I guess you can say that, the largest margin of victory the the last 10 games is 14. 3 times, Farragut twice, in 2004 (14-0) and 2006 playoff game (20-6), Bearden won by 14 in hte playoffs in 2007 (28-14). in 2001, when Bearden won 49-42 in OT, Farragut was 2-0 and Bearden was 0-2. You can say it is obvious who will win this game all you want, but it is one of the biggest rivalry games in east tn, and def. in knoxville. Bearden will come ready to play. It is up to Farragut to not have the let down. everytime these teams play it is hard fought and comes down to the last few minutes of the 4th quarter. You can be as confident as you want, but own up to it if it backfires on you. We will see what happens come Friday.

and how can you say Farragut has as good a running game as theyve evr had? Did they even get over 100yds against Heritage? Thats not too good if you ask me. Hard to say this season is better compared to last year... at this point in the season. having more running backs to use, doesn't mean better.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you can say that, the largest margin of victory the the last 10 games is 14. 3 times, Farragut twice, in 2004 (14-0) and 2006 playoff game (20-6), Bearden won by 14 in hte playoffs in 2007 (28-14). in 2001, when Bearden won 49-42 in OT, Farragut was 2-0 and Bearden was 0-2. You can say it is obvious who will win this game all you want, but it is one of the biggest rivalry games in east tn, and def. in knoxville. Bearden will come ready to play. It is up to Farragut to not have the let down. everytime these teams play it is hard fought and comes down to the last few minutes of the 4th quarter. You can be as confident as you want, but own up to it if it backfires on you. We will see what happens come Friday.

and how can you say Farragut has as good a running game as theyve evr had? Did they even get over 100yds against Heritage? Thats not too good if you ask me. Hard to say this season is better compared to last year... at this point in the season. having more running backs to use, doesn't mean better.

excellent observation!!! When these two teams get together it is a a knock down, drag out war out there. Unfortunatly, I will be out of town on friday and won't be able to attend the game. I'm sure it will be another great game. Best of luck to both teams

excellent observation!!! When these two teams get together it is a a knock down, drag out war out there. Unfortunatly, I will be out of town on friday and won't be able to attend the game. I'm sure it will be another great game. Best of luck to both teams

Heritage possessed the ball for twice as much time as Farragut - admittedly not a stellar stat for the ads but consider the following:

net yds rushing: FHS 162 HHS 147

net yds passing: FHS 210 HHS 31

1st downs: FHS 22 HHS 13

I'd say not a bad accumulation of yardage for only 16-17 minutes of possession. Give the ads even half that time and half the points scored against HHS (say 22) and it'll be enough to put down the field ruining bulldog vandals!

they had 162 yards on 21 carries (7.8 average) against heritage. they dont have to hand it off 40 times a game now. they did however run it 40 times against west for 288 yards (7.2 average). so just because sterling is not there, the run game is more of a threat because teams cant load the box anymore. what andre did to break tackles against eight and nine men fronts was incredible.

#23 Tyler Bradley needs to be on the field in some capacity for Farragut, rather than on the sidelines. He absolutely DE-CLEATED the Cermak kid from Heritage in pass protect. If he has wheels enough to be a RB, and plays that physically, he could certainly contribute at LB or DE. Fresh D-linemen are a necessity in that 3-man front. At the same time, I feel he could really excel at linebacker, where depth and fresh legs also help to negate missed tackles.

Bearden will get a boost from all the hype for this game but its not enough for their inexperienced team. They put too much pressure on their soon to be star running back to win them the game. Hes capable of busting a big play but they cant depend on him to carry the offense. Farraguts ability to make big passes and keep sustained drives for points is twice that of Bearden. Farraguts defense is pretty solid, im not saying they wont give up anything, but if Bearden doesnt vary their offense they will not be able to put more than 2 touchdowns on the board if that.

I agree with the majority. The bottom line is that the kids that were juniors last year for Farragut watched their seniors' shot at a deep run into the playoffs end unexpectedly in the most painful way. To Bearden.

Those juniors are now seniors and they have been talking about this game since last Christmas when workouts began for the Ads. If Bearden scores, be suprised. If Bearden's fans leave the stadium without sobbing, be suprised. I don't know whether it will be Reese Browning's efficiency or newly acquired RB Andre Purty's strength and speed, but someone will step up for the Ads in a big way. You can't lose all your starters and expect to beat your rival at home. Especially when they are on top of 5A football like the Admirals are this year. Expect a route.

And if Bearden's bitterly dissapointed fans start a "Daddy bought it" chant when they realize they have been outdone for the ninth time in the last ten meetings, you can bet their counterparts will retort with "Your Daddy fixed it."

"I don't know whether it will be Reese Browning's efficiency or newly acquired RB Andre Purty's strength and speed, but someone will step up for the Ads in a big way."

Naahhhh...like I said before, it's the best Farragut TEAM in a long time! It won't be one or two, it'll be all of 'em!

Rushing:

Hudson, VanDyne, Bass, Bradley, Bogan, Purty

Passing/Receiving:

Browning, Jetton, Allen, Winborne, VanDyne, Purty, Encarnacion, DHarp, Evans

Defense:

Moskal, Gibson, Vest, Bogan, Encarnacion, Lovell, Brooks Harper, DHarp, Wheatley, White, Bolan, Grieco

just to name a few

Bearden is young & some might say they will lose due to inexperience, but I think that the inexperience might help them this week. Sometimes young guys dont realize the importance of a rivalry game & therefore do not choke. It is just like any other game to them. Now I could be wrong but I think the states #1 team goes down this week 21-17. Plus I hate Farragut, it doesnt take long to dislike those guys. I say that with respect they have a great staff & team each year. But they are cocky as anyone Ive ever seen play. GO DAWGS!!!