Westmoreland @ Gordonsville

croz6110

Gville's won the last two. Will Westy come in with revenge on their mind?

Gville looks to be improving, and Westy hasn't matched up with them well in the past.

Gville dominated the game last year, but they only have about 4 players that even played in that game and one's hurt.

Alot of people may think it could get ugly, but I like Gville's chances.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordonsville has to be a heavy favorite coming into this one. To be a big boy you have to beat a big boy. we beat one last night in Upperman and their D-1 college QB. Lets see if we can hang with the big boys over off I-40. They have a 24 year old gold ball in that case so it will be hard to win this one. As far as domniated the game last season, oh well I guess some folks idea of domination is different than others. We need another underdog victory this friday.

Gordonsville has to be a heavy favorite coming into this one. To be a big boy you have to beat a big boy. we beat one last night in Upperman and their D-1 college QB. Lets see if we can hang with the big boys over off I-40. They have a 24 year old gold ball in that case so it will be hard to win this one. As far as domniated the game last season, oh well I guess some folks idea of domination is different than others. We need another underdog victory this friday.

Westy didn't have any 1st downs against us last year. I'd say that's domination.

What's your definition?

Guest Termite

What you would a 4'8" mailman know about "being a big boy"? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They do have a gold ball, they do have a winning streak against Whinemoreland, and Whinemoreland hasn't won in Smith County in a while. And if Westy does win.... remember that a G-ville man will be showing you the way. I don't know if G-ville will win....but I hope Westy comes in over confident . Keep crying wolf with all that underdog stuff you want,especially if you think that will ease the pain when they do slip up.

What you would a 4'8" mailman know about "being a big boy"? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They do have a gold ball, they do have a winning streak against Whinemoreland, and Whinemoreland hasn't won in Smith County in a while. And if Westy does win.... remember that a G-ville man will be showing you the way. I don't know if G-ville will win....but I hope Westy comes in over confident . Keep crying wolf with all that underdog stuff you want,especially if you think that will ease the pain when they do slip up.

That's exactly why he down plays the Eagles all the time. To ease the pain IF they don't live up to expectations.

This game is always odd. You can't never tell about it.

For one, take the last two years for instance. We've beat Westy, Smith County has killed us both years, but Westy has played SC close the three times they've played in those two years, beating them once. Last Year, Westy didn't even get a first down against us, and we more or less give them the points they had and we left some points n the field. They shouldn't even been able to hang with SC when they played them from what I saw, but they give them a good game.

All this is why I mentioned earlier that they don't match up well against us. We've done pretty well the last few years against the Wing-T. Either that or Westy doesn't get up as much for Gville as they do Smith County.

This game is always odd. You can't never tell about it.

For one, take the last two years for instance. We've beat Westy, Smith County has killed us both years, but Westy has played SC close the three times they've played in those two years, beating them once. Last Year, Westy didn't even get a first down against us, and we more or less give them the points they had and we left some points n the field. They shouldn't even been able to hang with SC when they played them from what I saw, but they give them a good game.

All this is why I mentioned earlier that they don't match up well against us. We've done pretty well the last few years against the Wing-T. Either that or Westy doesn't get up as much for Gville as they do Smith County.

We had you guys beat in 06. But for some odd reason we didn't know how to finish the games off early in the season. 20-6 at the end of the 3rd quarter was it? Then you guys rallied back and beat us, over a holding call that one of our coaches went crazy over. But you guys definately shouldn't have ever gotten close in that game, you did and finished the game (we didn't) also macon co. 06 season 14-0 in 3 quarter and then they rallied and beat us. SC came later on in the year when we matured up a little bit. With that being said, I look forward to a good game as always coach kelly is going to have the team fired up and ready to beat the kittens and his alma mater. I'm pulling for Eagles.

I'm 5'6 and 3/4 quarters Termitt. We were picked to tie Cannon Co. in the region 4 2A voters poll on coach T here. I'm sure most of the voters were from your home town so evidently most in Carthage feel we should barely make the playoffs so I guess we are exceeding expectation setting at 3-0 at this point in the season. I just hope we can keep it up. Historically speaking, Gordonsville for the most part plays us a close game. Could be an emotional factor that Coach Kelly is from Gordonsville. It always made that Portland game a little more spicy with Perry at the helm so I guess it could be the same at Gordonsville with Kelly leading the Eagles. I feel our D-line and linebackers are pretty fair at stopping the run and I think Gordonsville will try to run alot so I feel good about another upset this weekend and beat the team who has dominated us the past 2 seasons. I'll take a 2-0 game long as we win. Just win baby!!!