Westmoreland @ Gordonsville

croz6110

This game is always odd. You can't never tell about it.

For one, take the last two years for instance. We've beat Westy, Smith County has killed us both years, but Westy has played SC close the three times they've played in those two years, beating them once. Last Year, Westy didn't even get a first down against us, and we more or less give them the points they had and we left some points n the field. They shouldn't even been able to hang with SC when they played them from what I saw, but they give them a good game.

All this is why I mentioned earlier that they don't match up well against us. We've done pretty well the last few years against the Wing-T. Either that or Westy doesn't get up as much for Gville as they do Smith County.

I'v told MO$$$ several times that most of the time that SC game for ya'll is a mental thing. Ya'll dont feel going in you can hang with your bigdog neighbors from Carthage. On the other side of that bridge they're thinking blowout. Nerves play a big factor in football games like the Gordonsville/SC game. They create early turnovers and that is deadly when your looking to win or even stay close enough to win in the end. Not saying it did this year with all the youth on the field for GV, but alot of years I feel this is what happens.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 5'6 and 3/4 quarters Termitt. We were picked to tie Cannon Co. in the region 4 2A voters poll on coach T here. I'm sure most of the voters were from your home town so evidently most in Carthage feel we should barely make the playoffs so I guess we are exceeding expectation setting at 3-0 at this point in the season. I just hope we can keep it up. Historically speaking, Gordonsville for the most part plays us a close game. Could be an emotional factor that Coach Kelly is from Gordonsville. It always made that Portland game a little more spicy with Perry at the helm so I guess it could be the same at Gordonsville with Kelly leading the Eagles. I feel our D-line and linebackers are pretty fair at stopping the run and I think Gordonsville will try to run alot so I feel good about another upset this weekend and beat the team who has dominated us the past 2 seasons. I'll take a 2-0 game long as we win. Just win baby!!!

I only said we dominated ya'll last year. Anyways, it is this year, and, yes, the Tigers are young, but I think they're getting better every week. I hope by the end of the season that they're are the best that they can be.

We haven't played a team besides RBS that doesn't run the spread offense, so I'm anxious to see how it goes Friday.

If we can play soundly on both sides of the ball and catch some breaks, I like our chances.

I only said we dominated ya'll last year. Anyways, it is this year, and, yes, the Tigers are young, but I think they're getting better every week. I hope by the end of the season that they're are the best that they can be.

We haven't played a team besides RBS that doesn't run the spread offense, so I'm anxious to see how it goes Friday.

If we can play soundly on both sides of the ball and catch some breaks, I like our chances.

Your chances are 50/50 in my opinion. Just like every game you played in this year. I dont think you boys are the underdogs in this one. You have won the last 2 right? You are the ones with the big gold championship ball in your case. I look for a hard fought ballgame. If we win it will be because of our defense.

Your chances are 50/50 in my opinion. Just like every game you played in this year. I dont think you boys are the underdogs in this one. You have won the last 2 right? You are the ones with the big gold championship ball in your case. I look for a hard fought ballgame. If we win it will be because of our defense.

Oh no posty it 95/5 this year. Trust me. Sad but true. Yall will run up 80 or so no problem. Yall got a gimme. Enjoy it. Yall should be practicing for the following week instead of GV. Yall the giant killers this year. I seen the post about Kelly the coach. What you think he is doing? Throwing the games? Dang man thats tall talk for short committed fan like you. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Oh no posty it 95/5 this year. Trust me. Sad but true. Yall will run up 80 or so no problem. Yall got a gimme. Enjoy it. Yall should be practicing for the following week instead of GV. Yall the giant killers this year. I seen the post about Kelly the coach. What you think he is doing? Throwing the games? Dang man thats tall talk for short committed fan like you. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I feel like we are looking at a 28-0 game in favor of the Red and White. Coach Kelley will not run the score up on one of his best friends Coach Marshall. It may take us a half to figure out the crazy defensive scheme that Coach Marshall will give us. He's good at that.

I can't wait to see what kinda excuses Croz has after the game.

You won't hear any excuses from me. Gville is down this year and everyone knows it.

Most people expect this game to be a blowout. I don't think it will happen.

BTW, where were you the last couple of years when TC was down frm what they've been in the past?

TC is talked about winning state, and dimwitted fans come out of the woodwork or tobacco fields, or whatever ya'll have in Hartsville.

Just makes me wonder what kind of excuses you'll have if SC beats TC this week.

Maybe you and Postman can start a support group. COF's Anonymous. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />