MBA vs Hillsboro

whoisjeff

*sighs*

They were on the same date this year......

Let me put Maryville/Alcoa in perspective for you......

Think MBA/BA......but add approximately 50 years to how long the game has been played.

Got it?

Good.

Man you are sensitive. I wasn't suggesting that Maryville should cancel their game with Alcoa. However, when you want to do something bad enough there is usually a way to work it out.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never really heard much from anyone about MBA recruiting. That usually seems to pop up over in the Ensworth part of the message boards.

I went to the MBA-Hillsboro game last friday and came away with two things. First of all, #6 Blihovde(sorry bout spelling if wrong) is an excellent reciever. If the Hillsboro QB would have hit him everytime he was open, that game would have been an easy win for Hillsboro. He caught everything throw at him. The MBA secondary is not good in coverage but they (#29) can hit. #29 hit Eric Gordan so hard once, I was shocked he got up. Secondly, the MBA coach can flat out coach. He was able to hide his weaknesses (LB play, coverage on slot recievers) and attack Hillsboro's weaknesses (special teams and ball security). And if you pay attention, they (MBA) were coached to a win. I have never seen a H.S. team play a Miami style cover 2 and work so many things off of it as MBA did. The Hillsboro coach called a good game too. Probably should have told QB to delivery ball to other guys that were open all night. And probably did. Great H.S. game... hope series continues.

I went to the MBA-Hillsboro game last friday and came away with two things. First of all, #6 Blihovde(sorry bout spelling if wrong) is an excellent reciever. If the Hillsboro QB would have hit him everytime he was open, that game would have been an easy win for Hillsboro. He caught everything throw at him. The MBA secondary is not good in coverage but they (#29) can hit. #29 hit Eric Gordan so hard once, I was shocked he got up. Secondly, the MBA coach can flat out coach. He was able to hide his weaknesses (LB play, coverage on slot recievers) and attack Hillsboro's weaknesses (special teams and ball security). And if you pay attention, they (MBA) were coached to a win. I have never seen a H.S. team play a Miami style cover 2 and work so many things off of it as MBA did. The Hillsboro coach called a good game too. Probably should have told QB to delivery ball to other guys that were open all night. And probably did. Great H.S. game... hope series continues.

Great post mrob! We know what a cover 2 is, but what is a "Miami style" cover 2?

Great post mrob! We know what a cover 2 is, but what is a "Miami style" cover 2?

Miami looks like they are in a basic cover 2 for 95% of thier games. But they are hiding stunts and coverages that is dependent on the look the offense gives. Its pretty hard to do but MBA is running it pretty good. I was very impressed at the coaching job they do.

Miami looks like they are in a basic cover 2 for 95% of thier games. But they are hiding stunts and coverages that is dependent on the look the offense gives. Its pretty hard to do but MBA is running it pretty good. I was very impressed at the coaching job they do.

Coach McGugin was a graduate assistant with Larry Coker at Miami 3 or 4 years ago. So it kinda makes sense.