Macon @ Hixson

geo1126

explain.. please >>> a few coaches did not pass a test they had to take if i do recall...

I was one of the Coaches, I had all my test passed and so did all the other coaches except for one. He had taken the test but did not get his results back until June. The position of BI teacher was open and he had previously taught that position. He had everything he needed to teach that class but was let go anyway. Another who was teaching a lower level BI class was told you could not recieve tenure while teaching BI (Which is a LIE, because I did) so he was let go. I was sick of the way the director of schools was treating us along with some of the fans so I left on my on. The head Coach had been told that he could either take the black out of the uniforms or he would be fired the very day we got back from Knoxville in the semifinals. He stuck it out for one more year and left. Yes, we were run off, and know there is not enough money to get one ogf the prime coaches in the state up there. Many of them called Pat Dyer when he took the program over and told him he was making a bad choice. Their biggest 2 reasons were the fare weather fans and the politics. Thankfully he ignored them. I still love Macon County and travel up weekly to either visit my parents, grandparents, or siblings, but the no it alls that only see what is going on under the lights on Friday night are going to have to back off if you ever want to build a program up there. Good luck Coach Cook and the Big Blue Wrecking Crew. I hope you all get another W this week.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

explain.. please >>> a few coaches did not pass a test they had to take if i do recall...

There's your explanation, put into better words than I could put them in. I said your clueless because in my opinion you are. People like you is why it will be hard for Macon to ever get to the point of having successful seasons year after year. You shouldn't even pretend to be a fan, Macon would be a whole lot better without you than with you.

Go Macon.

" It dont matter what kind of person you are just win. " I hope you don't really believe that. There are some sorry people out there in the world of sports and education and unfortunately we see them in the news way to many times. I hope that you don't mean that winning is so important to you that you would not care if this kind of person was the coach as long as he could win.

Winning is VERY important. It all starts with heart!!! The players have to want to win and it's up to the coaches/staff to get the players motivated to do so. If the coaches are already acting like we are going to get killed in the next game, what does that reflect to the players???? I agree "there are some sorry people out there in the world of sports and education" and those are the ones that we do not need in Macon County. By the way, how are things in Watertown??? What's your record thus far???

Were you at the game? Macon did play their butts off and so did Pearl Cohn! Good luck Friday boys! Go to Hixson and do it again!! GO BIG BLUE!

I agree Macon played a good game. PC didn't look too hot to me. I think the weather was on our side. We're farm boys and they are big city boys. Sometimes it comes in handy to not be afraid to get down and dirty!! GO TIGERS!!!! HIT SOMEBODY!!!!

HaHa, ok geo i will see you there! Wow alot of interesting post i have read i agree and disagree with alot of them and some are just plain "smear attacks" I`support the TIGERS and always will. I know as most everyone else does about politics and football but when isn't politics involved? I'm not originally from here and I know for a fact politics plays a part of everything you do here"sad but true" so the ones talking about politics nothing will ever change just do as I do make the best of the situation! aside from that GO TIGERSSSSSS...1....2....3.....HIT SOMEBODY!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Can we please just talk about the game at hand?! Good Luck Macon...I just got back from the jr high game against trousdale and wow the tigers put a beatin on them... I will be there friday night cheering for my blue and white no matter the outcome I will be in the stands the next week and the next

Yea. I'll be at the game to on friday night to see my Tigers win!!!! I hope you have a safe trip there thchad!

Winning is VERY important. It all starts with heart!!! The players have to want to win and it's up to the coaches/staff to get the players motivated to do so. If the coaches are already acting like we are going to get killed in the next game, what does that reflect to the players???? I agree "there are some sorry people out there in the world of sports and education" and those are the ones that we do not need in Macon County. By the way, how are things in Watertown??? What's your record thus far???

I am at Watertown but I am not a coach here. I hung my Coaching hat up when we started having children. I do attend all the games and support the program here. We are 1-2 so far with losses to Trousdale County and the best Dekalb County team I have ever seen.

Can we please just talk about the game at hand?! Good Luck Macon...I just got back from the jr high game against trousdale and wow the tigers put a beatin on them... I will be there friday night cheering for my blue and white no matter the outcome I will be in the stands the next week and the next

I wish I knew something about Hixon to actually be able to discuss this game. I know that the tigers will put everything they have into this game and hopefully that will produce a win. tnchad, did you play at Macon? Or graduate from there? Glad to see your support of the program. I do miss the "good times" I had there as a player and a coach.

So the most important thing is winning at no matter what the cost? I can't say whether or not he is playing the right players or not, I am not at the practices nor am I in the school building everyday to see what is going on. I personally do not think you play somebody just because they might be a little better than the next kid (most of the time I do) but when you have kids that are a cancer to the team on the practice field and in the school building then disciplinary actions need to take place. Winning is huge and is very important to me, but there are things that are more important to me. Besides, you all ran off every single coach you had from the 03 season which is the only season we Macon Countians have had to brag about since the late 60's early 70's. Why don't all these coaching experts in Macon County go to school, get a dergree, and become a coach. You all who continue to bash the coaches are the laughing stock of the state. I have been around many programs that have some of the best Coaches in the state and they all say that you could not pay them enough to go and coach there because of the fans and the politics. I do know that Macon County has some of the best fans anywhere but if you are not from there those GREAT fans are not the ones being noticed.

As to the game at hand, go getem tigers. I hope you do well.

wait a minute big fella....the 78 team went to the playoffs (they did get beat by hartsville in the first round) but they still went...believe that was coach Fitz and Dyer and maybe Wheeley...

Also, I think (not sure) we made it in the early to mid 80's on the back of a guy names Clay?????

Anyone confirm this?