Gibson Co. @ TCA

GCPioneer

yankees, after I saw Jabriel last year against us I knew he was the real deal as a Freshman. He was quicker than our fastest person last year and was only a Freshman last year! I saw him at the JCS/Fayette Acad. game a couple of weeks ago and you can tell my looking at him in street clothes that he's an athlete. If I didn't know who he was, by looking at him I could've told he's a big time athlete somewhere. The hype is real and when people say they left the game scratching their head they need to realize the kid is only a Sophomore and still has 2 more years of high school ball! That means he'll get bigger, faster, and stronger if he keeps his work ethic up.

tcamom, I didn't mean to bash the rest of the TCA team by saying that if Jabriel wasn't on that team that they wouldn't be so good as they have alot of athletes on that team. #12 was really impressive with his catches and runs. I'll say this, Gibson Co. WRAPPED UP the ball carriers last night! We had very few missed tackles and that's pretty good considering the speed of #12 and Jabriel. Best of Luck to TCA this year!

So Bob, It goes from Jabriel's fault to now the coaches fault for play calling? It was a good game for both teams as both teams had their ups and downs. Jabriel may have thrown 2 interceptions but GC also fumbled the ball in CRUCIAL possessions. Turnovers are apart of the game. TCA is good and will win several more games. Good Luck!

Nobody said he wasn't a great player and nobody said he wasn't the real deal and nobody said he wouldn't make it to Division I. What was said was that he had a bad game. Are the posters here so blind that it changes the way a player's performance is viewed? So in that sense, I guess NFL players never have bad games huh? Why is everyone so sensitive? That is the problem in my opinion. If someone cannot politely express the reasons why a game was lost then what is the point? Read without instant judgement. Fact remains, he had an off game. Period. And it doesn't mean much more than that. Coaches did too and that doesn't mean much more than that either.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, tell me this, if Jabriel wouldn't have played last night then TCA would've won?

Even with Jabriel having a bad game he was the difference for TCA. Despite his 2 interceptions what else did he do wrong besides getting sacked a couple of times because the OLine didn't give him his blocks. He ran a 70 yard TD for you which was called back due to a push in the back. He ran about a 40-50 yard gain towards the end of the game to set up your last TD. He hit several of his receivers right in the hands and were dropped. You're looking at his 2 interceptions (which isn't good), however you also have to look at the positives he did in the game too.

Nobody said he wasn't a great player and nobody said he wasn't the real deal and nobody said he wouldn't make it to Division I. What was said was that he had a bad game. Are the posters here so blind that it changes the way a player's performance is viewed? So in that sense, I guess NFL players never have bad games huh? Why is everyone so sensitive? That is the problem in my opinion. If someone cannot politely express the reasons why a game was lost then what is the point? Read without instant judgement. Fact remains, he had an off game. Period. And it doesn't mean much more than that. Coaches did too and that doesn't mean much more than that either.

Bob, what I and several others took exception to was your statement that Jabriel is the reason that TCA lost. Its your opinion and you are entitled to have it but it was just an unfair statement to make. No one argued with your statement that he had a bad game and didn't perform to his potential.

People here will instantly jump to the defense when someone singles out a player with an unfair and undeserved statement. We are talking about kids after all.

Bob, what I and several others took exception to was your statement that Jabriel is the reason that TCA lost. Its your opinion and you are entitled to have it but it was just an unfair statement to make. No one argued with your statement that he had a bad game and didn't perform to his potential.

People here will instantly jump to the defense when someone singles out a player with an unfair and undeserved statement. We are talking about kids after all.

I agree here with you gridiron. Bob, you are on here bashing one kid, blaming him for the loss. If one kid could win or lose the game, then you wouldnt need 10 others out there. Gibson Co. did a better job of tackling and physically wore the line from TCA down. This is a team sport and TEAMS win and lose games. But, least I forget, we are in a me generation and everything has to be about me or one person. I believe the UCLA quarterback threw for 4 interceptions in the first half against UT, did that make them lose the game? There is just not a need on here to single one kid out and put added pressure on a high school sophomore, there were several mistakes that you could have looked at.

Gibson Co., good job. This was a great game!!! Gibson Co... 180 turnaround from last year. Work to do, but their is definite improvement.

Video of the big hit my son laid on washington on fourth and inches to frce a fumble and turnoverm on downs

This was not a fumble, but it was a good play, in the backfield before JW ever touched the ball.

I agree here with you gridiron. Bob, you are on here bashing one kid, blaming him for the loss. If one kid could win or lose the game, then you wouldnt need 10 others out there. Gibson Co. did a better job of tackling and physically wore the line from TCA down. This is a team sport and TEAMS win and lose games. But, least I forget, we are in a me generation and everything has to be about me or one person. I believe the UCLA quarterback threw for 4 interceptions in the first half against UT, did that make them lose the game? There is just not a need on here to single one kid out and put added pressure on a high school sophomore, there were several mistakes that you could have looked at.

Gibson Co., good job. This was a great game!!! Gibson Co... 180 turnaround from last year. Work to do, but their is definite improvement.

This was not a fumble, but it was a good play, in the backfield before JW ever touched the ball.

Oh, I'm sorry. How's this? The two interceptions, the two passes into defenders hands, the fumble, the two dropped passes, the decision not to go for two, and several missed tackles were all significant factors in the loss. Maybe we should just not keep score so as to not offend anyone. Riduculous when you can't even say a player or players had a bad game. Sometimes there are things in life that we don't like but that actually make us a better person or player in the long run.