Gibson Co. @ TCA

GCPioneer

I have not seen GC play this year. Im not going to make any predictions on them making a playoff spot, but I will say that the key games for them are going to be. JCS, USJ, Dresden, and Peabody. Besides that, even if GC is much faster than last year, TCA played Manassas last week!! James King for Manassas was a transfer from Melrose. he was extremely fun to watch early in the game. But TCA seemed to contain him and his fellow teammates well enough to get the W. It would be hard to say that GC is more athletic than Manassas.

Keys for TCA:

TCA is young, but knows how to play good disiplined football. If each player for TCA plays his position well, TCA will do enough on defense to get the W. Bend but dont break.

On offense TCA must attack the corners of the defense. get Washington in the open field.

GC line was huge and slow last year, and with everyone returning but 1. The same is more than likley true this year.

If TCA handles the size of the GC team(much like Manassas, just not as fast) they will win a close football game.

TCA 28 Gibson County 20.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams played good teams last week. Obviously, nobody expected Gibson Co. to beat Milan (but who is going to pick anybody over Milan until they play Alcoa). But also, nobody picked TCA to beat Manassas. Manassas was a much bigger and athletic team. They have more speed everywhere than anybody else TCA will play. Yes, TCA is young, but they showed tremendous resiliency in the win last Friday night. I think this year will be much closer than last year, but I looked for Washington and his comrades to take this one. If I remember correctly, most of these TCA players were in the game against Gibson Co. last year in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Pioneer, do you honestly think you will be contending for a playoff spot this year??? I think you of all people know the teams in your region.

TCA by 10.

Watch and see...

We've lost to Milan already which was a very tough game. We would've had to have played PERFECT to win that one. Westview will be the same way. If we are to beat Westview we'll have to play a game to perfection and have no missed tackles.

As for the rest of the games in our Region, they are VERY winnable for us. If our players get into their head that they think they can do it then they can do it! In 2006 we started off the season 4-1 and we obviously got the big head and lost our last 5 games finishing with a 4-6 record. This year could be the start of another 2006 season and if our players keep their heads on right then I honestly do think we can contend for a playoff spot. I talked to several Milan people at work today and they told me they could tell we've improved. Despite shooting ourselves in the foot twice by a snap going over the punters head and giving Milan field position inside the 20 yard line both times really hurt us.

Well I would say that you are definitely improved if you are going to compete for a playoff spot in that region. Big games will obviously be against JCS, USJ, Peabody, and Humboldt. Milan and Westview are above all the rest, so the other spots will be determined according to Z-Plan right? Good luck.... i like to see competitive football. I will make a judgement call for myself this friday night as to whether I think you can make it to the playoffs this year.

Watch and see...

We've lost to Milan already which was a very tough game. We would've had to have played PERFECT to win that one. Westview will be the same way. If we are to beat Westview we'll have to play a game to perfection and have no missed tackles.

As for the rest of the games in our Region, they are VERY winnable for us. If our players get into their head that they think they can do it then they can do it! In 2006 we started off the season 4-1 and we obviously got the big head and lost our last 5 games finishing with a 4-6 record. This year could be the start of another 2006 season and if our players keep their heads on right then I honestly do think we can contend for a playoff spot. I talked to several Milan people at work today and they told me they could tell we've improved. Despite shooting ourselves in the foot twice by a snap going over the punters head and giving Milan field position inside the 20 yard line both times really hurt us.

Unfortunatly for Gibson County. You guys play in a very tough region. But If the kids believe in something and all of them are on the same page. Anything can happen. Every game is going to be big no matter who you play 2A. Watch out for JCS and USJ. they both look better than in previous years. Well, JCS has always been good /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> but they have reloaded again this year.

Indeed GC is improved. They do have some speed and some size. If one of their faster backs gets around the corner I doubt TCA will have anyone that will be able to catch them. I can't say how they play the majority of the time but they certainly looked sloppy against Milan. Several fumbles and the 2 snaps over the head of the punter. Saw Trinity at the jamboree and wasn't impressed but of course that was not a real game and I'm sure they are better than what they showed.

Indeed GC is improved. They do have some speed and some size. If one of their faster backs gets around the corner I doubt TCA will have anyone that will be able to catch them. I can't say how they play the majority of the time but they certainly looked sloppy against Milan. Several fumbles and the 2 snaps over the head of the punter. Saw Trinity at the jamboree and wasn't impressed but of course that was not a real game and I'm sure they are better than what they showed.

Yea, the jamboree wasnt TCA's best effort. They are young tho. They should get better over the course of the season. Hey your a Milan fan, GC played sloppy because they played MILAN. I think alot of teams will look sloppy compared to you guys. Good Luck this year.

We did play sloppy against Milan. I don't know if the word Milan got into the players heads or what but we didn't look so good. I also don't like that bye week. It takes momentum from your team and tends to make you "relax" in your off week on things such as special teams that came back to haunt us against Milan. I can assure you our special teams wasn't that sloppy against Halls. As for this past week, we never really gave up the "big play" although it almost happened a couple of times. We didn't completely shut down Jobronski but we didn't let him bust a 50+ yard TD run. Same for JW and Tristian. Milan was definately the fastest team we'll face this year. With that being said, I feel confident in us in containing Jabriel Washington this coming Friday. I'm ready for Friday to get here!!!!!

It was hard for anyone to bust a big one or run up any impressive offensive numbers playing with the short field all night. Not meant in jest, just an observation. And thank you stockerd good luck to ya'll as well.

You do have a point but I'm talking about when Milan was on their side of the field which they were quite a few times. I'm just stating that Jobronski, nor JW, nor Tristian busted any "big plays" the other night. They got a some big gains but I'm talking about us stopping any of them from taking it to the house on a big play.

I have not seen GC play this year. Im not going to make any predictions on them making a playoff spot, but I will say that the key games for them are going to be. JCS, USJ, Dresden, and Peabody. Besides that, even if GC is much faster than last year, TCA played Manassas last week!! James King for Manassas was a transfer from Melrose. he was extremely fun to watch early in the game. But TCA seemed to contain him and his fellow teammates well enough to get the W. It would be hard to say that GC is more athletic than Manassas.

Keys for TCA:

TCA is young, but knows how to play good disiplined football. If each player for TCA plays his position well, TCA will do enough on defense to get the W. Bend but dont break.

On offense TCA must attack the corners of the defense. get Washington in the open field.

GC line was huge and slow last year, and with everyone returning but 1. The same is more than likley true this year.

If TCA handles the size of the GC team(much like Manassas, just not as fast) they will win a close football game.

TCA 28 Gibson County 20.

As an observer of TCA's performance against Manassas, I have to say it is getting kind of old to constantly read on here nothing but JW comments. It's as if there are never 10 other players on the field. Maybe, he had 4 good plays against Manassas but he certainly was not the reason TCA won. It will at some point become dishearting to the other players on that team who work just as hard if not harder than Washington, to constantly hear how they are just pawns, not just on this site but read the Jackson Sun as well. Not taking anything away from him as a player but, wow. Was I the only one at that game?

As an observer of TCA's performance against Manassas, I have to say it is getting kind of old to constantly read on here nothing but JW comments. It's as if there are never 10 other players on the field. Maybe, he had 4 good plays against Manassas but he certainly was not the reason TCA won. It will at some point become dishearting to the other players on that team who work just as hard if not harder than Washington, to constantly hear how they are just pawns, not just on this site but read the Jackson Sun as well. Not taking anything away from him as a player but, wow. Was I the only one at that game?

I don't have a dog in this race, yet I could not agree with you more. I went to the USJ/Trinity game, after all the hype, and left scratching my head. Maybe I missed it and I am sure he will be a great player in the future but to call him that now is premature. No knock on anyone and good luck to all.