USJ to D-II next year!

GCPioneer

Here's an article in todays Jackson Sun on USJ moving to D-II next year!

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...329/1006/sports

They must not like the smash mouth football that comes with Reg. 8-2A football! I guess after years of dominating in 1A and then taking the step up to 2A and having to play the likes of Milan, Trenton, Humboldt and Westview is starting to get to them in only their 4th year of 2A football! I'm sure all of us in 8-2A will miss you dearly... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They must not like the smash mouth football that comes with Reg. 8-2A football! I guess after years of dominating in 1A and then taking the step up to 2A and having to play the likes of Milan, Trenton, Humboldt and Westview is starting to get to them in only their 4th year of 2A football! I'm sure all of us in 8-2A will miss you dearly... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

If you will check the facts you will find that USJ will no longer be playing in 2A next year anyway. They along with JCS and most other privates that still play in D1 will be moved to 3A and will have to play 4A teams (schools with 1,000 plus enrolment) during the regular season. It seems that even with the multiplier (highest in the US) the TSSAA will never be satisfied until the privates leave or no private ever makes the playoffs. It would be blatantly obvious if they raised the multiplier more so they legislate changes in the levels and regular season mix to make things so odious that schools are left with little choice. I'm sure that all the privates will be relieved to get away from that perennial powerhouse GC (who has a 3A enrollment) and go play schools from Nashville and Memphis that can afford (and do) give financial aid when they cannot.

USJ 42 Gibson Co. 6

TCA 48 Gibson Co. 7

JCS 38 Gibson Co. 13

USJ 34 Gibson Co. 12

USJ 21 Gibson Co. 7

St. Benedict 41 Gibson Co. 28

St. Benedict 21 Gibson Co. 20

St. Benedict 21 Gibson Co. 7

St. Benedict 17 Gibson Co. 13

GC,

If I were you, I might not do a whole lot of smack talking when it comes to private schools. Your record in Region 8-2A is 0-4 vs. private schools. GC has been outscored 135-38. You make special mention of USJ. GC is 0-3 against them and have been outscored 97-25. Overall, Gibson County is 0-9 against private schools and has been outscored 283-113 since 2001.

I am sure that the coach of Gibson County appreciates you posting bullitin board material that USJ and other privates can use when they play Gibson County.

It appears to me that USJ, and the other private schools know how to play smash mouth football....at least they do against Gibson County!

USJ 42 Gibson Co. 6

TCA 48 Gibson Co. 7

JCS 38 Gibson Co. 13

USJ 34 Gibson Co. 12

USJ 21 Gibson Co. 7

St. Benedict 41 Gibson Co. 28

St. Benedict 21 Gibson Co. 20

St. Benedict 21 Gibson Co. 7

St. Benedict 17 Gibson Co. 13

GC,

If I were you, I might not do a whole lot of smack talking when it comes to private schools. Your record in Region 8-2A is 0-4 vs. private schools. GC has been outscored 135-38. You make special mention of USJ. GC is 0-3 against them and have been outscored 97-25. Overall, Gibson County is 0-9 against private schools and has been outscored 283-113 since 2001.

I am sure that the coach of Gibson County appreciates you posting bullitin board material that USJ and other privates can use when they play Gibson County.

It appears to me that USJ, and the other private schools know how to play smash mouth football....at least they do against Gibson County!

Coach Dyer doesn't read this mess. If a team is going to get hyped up over stuff on coacht then their coach isn't doing his job of keeping them focused on the game!

Private schools should beat us. Heck, they go out and get the players they want and if you say they don't then that's a lie because I know people that go to some of the private schools in Jackson!

Don't get so defensive. I never said anything about GC dominating the private schools. I said something about Milan, Trenton, Humboldt and Westview. Show your stats there! That's right, you know you can't have a good argument with that. I'm glad USJ is going to D.II. They were some of the dirtiest players. That's evident on the situation that happened to Alred from Milan last year.

Just for kicks, I'm going to refute your post line by line.

The reality is many players do read this and stuff does get talked about. Does it ever affect any games? Of course not. But, still....

Let me remind you that GCHS has what, 800-900 students? As opposed to USJ which has 350-400. That means you have twice the males to pick from. Also, please name a player from USJ/JCS/TCA that has been "recruited" ? I'll wait...

Just for giggles let me remind you that Milan's QB is from Dresden and their Tackle last year was from USJ. Were they recruited? Doubt it. They just wanted to play for a quality program.

By the way, just because you "know" someone from Jackson doesn't prove anything. Don't be ridiculous.

As for dirty play, I've never seen anyone from USJ play dirty. From my EXTENSIVE experiences and personal knowledge of and friendship with the USJ coaches, I can assure that is something they would not stand for. I was not at the USJ/Milan game a few years back, but I did see a video of the play. It looked like a 170 pound kid trying to tackle a 220 pounder to me. It's football.

Have you ever played against USJ? Or JCS or Trinity for that matter?

The reality is I've probably just wasted my time as most of this stuff has been discussed ad nausiem. Everyone has their opinion, and everyone is a fan. I'm glad USJ is going DII and have been saying they should for about 4 years now. It's the best thing for everyone.

Just for quicks, I'm going to refute your post line by line.

The reality is many players do read this and stuff does get talked about. Does it ever affect any games? Of course not. But, still....

Let me remind you that GCHS has what, 800-900 students? As opposed to USJ which has 350-400. That means you have twice the males to pick from. Also, please name a player from USJ/JCS/TCA that has been "recruited" ? I'll wait...

Just for giggles let me remind you that Milan's QB is from Dresden and their Tackle last year was from USJ. Were they recruited? Doubt it. They just wanted to play for a quality program.

By the way, just because you "know" someone from Jackson doesn't prove anything. Don't be ridiculous.

As for dirty play, I've never seen anyone from USJ play dirty. From my EXTENSIVE experiences and personal knowledge of and friendship with the USJ coaches, I can assure that is something they would not stand for. I was not at the USJ/Milan game a few years back, but I did see a video of the play. It looked like a 170 pound kid trying to tackle a 220 pounder to me. It's football.

Have you ever played against USJ? Or JCS or Trinity for that matter?

USJ and JCS..Trinity wasn't on our schedule.

I'm sure all of us in 8-2A will miss you dearly... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I have no doubts that USJ will continue to play a few of the teams that play in 1A and 2A if they have that option.

Hey, GCP, remember how in the other thread we were discussing how you're always wrong?

I would be be remiss if I didn't defend GCPioneer this one time. I have seen him get several things right over the last few years. That said, there weren't many. Do not get a swollen head on me GC, this is out of love for free speech and respect for the sound of an expressive mind. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I would be be remiss if I didn't defend GCPioneer this one time. I have seen him get several things right over the last few years. That said, there weren't many. Do not get a swollen head on me GC, this is out of love for free speech and respect for the sound of an expressive mind. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

lol!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> it's all good...that's what coacht is here for to express our genious predictions, lol.. just keep reading my posts and stay tuned for more correct facts, lol

If you played against JCS you played against TCA as both were on the Gibson County schedule last year. Better get your information straight there partner! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

haha, PARTNER, you better get your facts straight. I graduated in 2006.

If you played against JCS you played against TCA as both were on the Gibson County schedule last year. Better get your information straight there partner! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

You know, if it were legal, we COULD lock GCPioneer in a room and make him watch Gibson County Films continously for days on end. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />