Lincoln Co

bulldog85

I guess it hurts you to hear that Coach T has lost his edge, but you have to face it the proof is in the pudding. He is not the first coach that this has happened to and won't be last and if you where very knowledgable of football you would know this.. Come on DACatfish get your head out of your butt and look around in the pitt on friday nights, a lot more people realize what has happened. What do you think has happened to the fan support, and the crowds? GET YOUR BLINDERS OFF AND LOOK AROUND IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!! Coachh T's team are average at the most. SO IT LOOKS LIKE YOU MIGHT BE THE RETARDED ONE?????????

What it all comes down to is that kids have changed a lot over the past few years. When you try to instill a little work ethic and discipline into a kid now they shut down and will not produce anything for you because they are not used to having to work for things or be disciplined because most parents WONT do it anymore. It is not coach T's job to make these boys into men by himself. Yes it is partialy his responsibility but ultimatly it is their paretns fault that they don't know how to push themselves. So why don't you go to the next booster meeting at Lincoln County and challenge the parents to do a better job of making little billy into a man and get of Coach T's back. Of course you probably have about as much support from the parents as most schools do now and would just be talking to the parents that do a good job anyway. And enough about his play calling already I have heard that for years and guess what just cause its not the spread and flashy does not mean it does not work. The fact of the matter is you can know exactly what is going to be run and they will still be successful at it. So try and spend a little less time on here bashing a great man and great coach and spend more time with your own son teaching him how to be a man.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it hurts you to hear that Coach T has lost his edge, but you have to face it the proof is in the pudding. He is not the first coach that this has happened to and won't be last and if you where very knowledgable of football you would know this.. Come on DACatfish get your head out of your butt and look around in the pitt on friday nights, a lot more people realize what has happened. What do you think has happened to the fan support, and the crowds? GET YOUR BLINDERS OFF AND LOOK AROUND IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!! Coachh T's team are average at the most. SO IT LOOKS LIKE YOU MIGHT BE THE RETARDED ONE?????????

Coach T lost his edge? I doubt that, but if he has then he deserves the respect that comes with any person that has had such a positive effect on many young men. I played for Coach T on his first year back in Tennessee; after coaching in Alabama; after playing for Coach Bryant; before he left to join Coach Brown at Austin Peay; before his stint at Unicoi County; and before his present position at Lincoln County. His personality and coaching style is tough. The changes being seen are more to do with players, parents, and society in general. More than one person, on this thread, has brought that up. A coach can't instill the discipline or requirements that were a regularly seen on display 30 years ago. 30 years ago, in Coach T's first season back in Tennessee, the team started with 60 players, ended with 25, with 4 walking wounded, and could not even have a full line scrimmage during practice. It was not uncommon for that team to run 50-60 50 yard sprints, in the dark, after a 3 hour practice of pure hitting and this included the QB. Yes, he is tough. Many of us respect him for that reason, and many of us still keep in contact with him because we were one of the young men that he has had positive impact on. After spending some time with him last year, I really can't see the change in him at all. However I do see the changes in attitudes and tolerances in parents, players, and society in general. Only a few are willing to pay the sacrifices due to become winners and leaders.

I guess the Coach T supporters are so blinded by his GREATNESS they can't see what is really going on. I grant you parents are not doing enough but that is not the problem here. If you are a good coach and you have kids that are causing a problem----GET RID OF THEM-----, no matter whose son they are and that includes mine. I would rather have 11 players that want to play than 30 that wants to do their own thing. Quit playing the political game and play the best players and by the way that is not my son and I am okay with that. If a player screws up get rid of him. Lets see, last year did several players get drunk and get arrested? Yes they did!!!!!!!! What was their punishment, suspended one game----SLAP ON THE HAND, guess why because of who they were and they were starters. The sad thing is this was the second time some of these players have done this. Instead of slapping them on the hand and saying little Billy don't do this again, these players should have been dismissed from the team. Now that would have been a GREAT COACH saying this is something that we are not going to put up with. As for the predictable plays you are so wrong there. I wonder how many years of coaching you have under your belt, I am sure none and it shows. When I can sit in the stands along with others and call his plays, what few he has, before the ball is snapped something is wrong. Did you ever think it might be real easy for the other team to stop plays if their players know what is going to be run before the ball even is snapped. Lets address another problem and that is coaches on staff. I will not call any names but their are two possibly more that should been fired along time ago for the things that they have done and are still doing. Now that is really a head coach in charge, letting this go on. What a example this sets for the players. Many people in LC that read this will know who they are. Now lets talk about motivation, it starts at the top and works its way down. Guess what the head ball coach does not have it any more. As a coach you have to be excited and always looking for ways to motivate your players and this is not happened in LC. Just watch the team and coaches walk on to the field before and duing the game---real exitement---not with LC. I guess many of the fans have gotten use to being average and that is all you are going to get till some changes are made. I will say again at one time Coach T was one of the greatest and no one is trying to take that away from him, but time has passed him by and he is not the first coach to have have lost the edge and won't be the last. It is a fact of life, it happens. So come on people of LC lets make some changes and get LC back to its GLORY DAYS.

ssed from the team

What it all comes down to is that kids have changed a lot over the past few years. When you try to instill a little work ethic and discipline into a kid now they shut down and will not produce anything for you because they are not used to having to work for things or be disciplined because most parents WONT do it anymore. It is not coach T's job to make these boys into men by himself. Yes it is partialy his responsibility but ultimatly it is their paretns fault that they don't know how to push themselves. So why don't you go to the next booster meeting at Lincoln County and challenge the parents to do a better job of making little billy into a man and get of Coach T's back. Of course you probably have about as much support from the parents as most schools do now and would just be talking to the parents that do a good job anyway. And enough about his play calling already I have heard that for years and guess what just cause its not the spread and flashy does not mean it does not work. The fact of the matter is you can know exactly what is going to be run and they will still be successful at it. So try and spend a little less time on here bashing a great man and great coach and spend more time with your own son teaching him how to be a man.

I guess the Coach T supporters are so blinded by his GREATNESS they can't see what is really going on. I grant you parents are not doing enough but that is not the problem here. If you are a good coach and you have kids that are causing a problem----GET RID OF THEM-----, no matter whose son they are and that includes mine. I would rather have 11 players that want to play than 30 that wants to do their own thing. Quit playing the political game and play the best players and by the way that is not my son and I am okay with that. If a player screws up get rid of him. Lets see, last year did several players get drunk and get arrested? Yes they did!!!!!!!! What was their punishment, suspended one game----SLAP ON THE HAND, guess why because of who they were and they were starters. The sad thing is this was the second time some of these players have done this. Instead of slapping them on the hand and saying little Billy don't do this again, these players should have been dismissed from the team. Now that would have been a GREAT COACH saying this is something that we are not going to put up with. As for the predictable plays you are so wrong there. I wonder how many years of coaching you have under your belt, I am sure none and it shows. When I can sit in the stands along with others and call his plays, what few he has, before the ball is snapped something is wrong. Did you ever think it might be real easy for the other team to stop plays if their players know what is going to be run before the ball even is snapped. Lets address another problem and that is coaches on staff. I will not call any names but their are two possibly more that should been fired along time ago for the things that they have done and are still doing. Now that is really a head coach in charge, letting this go on. What a example this sets for the players. Many people in LC that read this will know who they are. Now lets talk about motivation, it starts at the top and works its way down. Guess what the head ball coach does not have it any more. As a coach you have to be excited and always looking for ways to motivate your players and this is not happened in LC. Just watch the team and coaches walk on to the field before and duing the game---real exitement---not with LC. I guess many of the fans have gotten use to being average and that is all you are going to get till some changes are made. I will say again at one time Coach T was one of the greatest and no one is trying to take that away from him, but time has passed him by and he is not the first coach to have have lost the edge and won't be the last. It is a fact of life, it happens. So come on people of LC lets make some changes and get LC back to its GLORY DAYS.

ssed from the team

I have enough years of coaching experience to know a good coach when I see one and Lewis Thompson is a good coach period. You can question all you want but until you can go down on the sidelines and prove that you are better then you are just like every other idiot in the stands that thinks they know everything. Yes his plays are predictable but they still gain yards when you know they are coming because he is a good coach and gets the most out of what he has on the field. You might be better served just sticking to softball and leave the gridiron to a man who knows how to do his job as well if not better than any other coach in the state. I have never known Lewis to be a political man. He does what he thinks is best for the team and if you can't handel that then just go watch your softball and complain about their coaches.

How many years have you got coaching? You see I have twenty years of coaching experience in football track, softball and speed strength in three states. I have be associated with great and not so great coaches. I have also been to the state championship on numerous occasions. I have been a defensive coordinator and a offensive coordinator and a athletic director and believe me I know when play calling stinks and a team has no motivation and LC had has a bad case of it. I will assure you that Lincoln County is very political and it dictates a lot of things that go on. You ask how I know, because I taught in the Lincoln County and experienced the politics in the county system. It seems their was a basketball coach that quit a few years ago because someone in the administration came to them and told them who would play and who would not play. I know you hate to admit it but it goes on all the time in LC. You can turn a blind eye to it if you want or you can wake up and smell the roses. If you want the team to be average and never see the state championship again, then stay with what you have that is your choice. I want more from LC and the players deserve more, all of the players no matter whose son or daughter they are Oh by the way, I also have an administration and supervision certificate so you see I know what is going-------WHAT IS YOUR EXCUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have enough years of coaching experience to know a good coach when I see one and Lewis Thompson is a good coach period. You can question all you want but until you can go down on the sidelines and prove that you are better then you are just like every other idiot in the stands that thinks they know everything. Yes his plays are predictable but they still gain yards when you know they are coming because he is a good coach and gets the most out of what he has on the field. You might be better served just sticking to softball and leave the gridiron to a man who knows how to do his job as well if not better than any other coach in the state. I have never known Lewis to be a political man. He does what he thinks is best for the team and if you can't handel that then just go watch your softball and complain about their coaches.

Perhaps you folks should exchange email addresses and continue to discuss by email whether the coach is good, bad, or indifferent - I can't see how this discussion is getting the kids ready to play Riverdale tomorrow night.

I'm not trying to sound like a goody-two shoes - I've engaged in more negative message board discussions than I care to remember, but a lot of players read this board and I just can't see the benefit of this discussion on this forum.

Just my measly two cents....

How many years have you got coaching? You see I have twenty years of coaching experience in football track, softball and speed strength in three states. I have be associated with great and not so great coaches. I have also been to the state championship on numerous occasions. I have been a defensive coordinator and a offensive coordinator and a athletic director and believe me I know when play calling stinks and a team has no motivation and LC had has a bad case of it. I will assure you that Lincoln County is very political and it dictates a lot of things that go on. You ask how I know, because I taught in the Lincoln County and experienced the politics in the county system. It seems their was a basketball coach that quit a few years ago because someone in the administration came to them and told them who would play and who would not play. I know you hate to admit it but it goes on all the time in LC. You can turn a blind eye to it if you want or you can wake up and smell the roses. If you want the team to be average and never see the state championship again, then stay with what you have that is your choice. I want more from LC and the players deserve more, all of the players no matter whose son or daughter they are Oh by the way, I also have an administration and supervision certificate so you see I know what is going-------WHAT IS YOUR EXCUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why should I have an EXCUSE I don't alow my players to use them so why would I. I have reasons for the the way I feel and i have stated them above already. Why don't you go on down to the board and present your resume to them because you are obviously more qualified to run things in Lincoln County than Lewis is and then people can get on here and bash you just like you do him. You just gave me hope though. I can get my masters in administration now cause apparently they will let any idiot have one now. Thanks

You sound like a dreamer always dreaming about what could have been and old days, well the old days are gone. Did you even get your high school education. Come on stupid wake and see the real world. Let's hear your qualfications that make you an expert. There are those who can and those who can't. Sounds like to me you are one of those who can't!!!!!!!! I will put my coaching skills and knowledge against yours anytime you want.

quote name='bugaboo' date='Sep 11 2008 - 01:49 PM' post='826850803']

Why should I have an EXCUSE I don't alow my players to use them so why would I. I have reasons for the the way I feel and i have stated them above already. Why don't you go on down to the board and present your resume to them because you are obviously more qualified to run things in Lincoln County than Lewis is and then people can get on here and bash you just like you do him. You just gave me hope though. I can get my masters in administration now cause apparently they will let any idiot have one now. Thanks

Slamming each other rather than the coach....that's an improvement and also entertaining! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

So I guess in a long and round about way, you are not going to be ready for Riverdale, right.

So I guess in a long and round about way, you are not going to be ready for Riverdale, right.

Who knows? The Riverdale folks seem to be down this year, but they seem to have enough restraint to not air their gripes on this board. I'd like to think the Falcons are going to be focussed on this game, but only they really know that.

Slamming each other rather than the coach....that's an improvement and also entertaining! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

They could get Plus memberships and slam each other by PM also. At least that way the BOARD would benefit other than the entertainment they are providing! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />