9/11 let us always remember

goldendome

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see how anything I said is a slap in the face to the victims of 9/11.

And I forgot Tennessee is a Conservative state. el oh el.

Why did you feel a need to criticize this thread , that you knew the content of before you even clicked on it . So , If one of our members out there actually had a relative die on 9-11 , would you want them to see what you had to say ? I've seen a little of everything on this board , the haters on here against so and so school , the haters that have an agenda about a coach , and just the plain old silly stuff , but what you've done right here takes the prize as the most ignorant , selfish , and offensive posting that I've ever seen .

Your little thing about the conservative State says it all to me , you have taken a terrible tragedy , and all you can try and do Is politicize it , PATHETIC , ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC !

I truly hope and pray that no relative of any of the 9-11 victims have seen your pathetic attempt to belittle a kind gesture of respect and remembrance , that everyone in our country , liberal , conservative , white , black , It doesn't matter man , It was a terrible event that at the very least deserves at least what this thread was meant to do ..... REMEMBER those poor innocent souls who lost their life that day .

I wish a moderator would delete your post and all responding to your posts , this thread deserves that respect and dignity .

Thank you to who ever started this post. 9/11 attacked out country and everything it stands for. the last time I checked high school football was important to this country. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who died during those attacks and for those who have served since then. I remember that week, That Friday night i saw two schools ( Oak Ridge and Heritage) come together to show our respect for our country. God Bless America and God Bless high school football.

http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.php?showforum=67

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ off-topic Forums.. Thats where this topic belongs. I dont think you people understand the concept of affiliated top forums - for instance, this is the d1-4,d1-5,and d2 discussion boards, not a place for this kind of topic. Yea, I respect the victims and and sorry for what happened, but lets keep things separated.

And Im still confused how Ive shown disrespect. I cant bring myself to that low of an intelligence level where people say what everyone else says to look smart. : (

http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.php?showforum=67

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ off-topic Forums.. Thats where this topic belongs. I dont think you people understand the concept of affiliated top forums - for instance, this is the d1-4,d1-5,and d2 discussion boards, not a place for this kind of topic. Yea, I respect the victims and and sorry for what happened, but lets keep things separated.

And Im still confused how Ive shown disrespect. I cant bring myself to that low of an intelligence level where people say what everyone else says to look smart. : (

I have watched much of the footage from that fateful morning today. It moves me everytime I see those images. I am the member of many boards, from high school football to carp fishing. I understand the meaning of topic affiliated forums and sub forums, but sometimes it is ok to post something off topic in the general forum. This is one of those cases. There should be a thread on this in every section. Of all the forums I have yet to see anyone criticize the posting location of this topic. Even when the forum has a place for it. Don't like it, don't post on it. That simple. I understand how other people find your comments disrespectful, and I agree, you seem to want to make sure it stays off your precious section. I am sorry a thread reminding us of tragedy has caused you stress. Hate to think you are OCD about topics on a forum. Maybe people don't say what everyone else says to look smart, maybe they all say it because it is true. You can look at yourself in a favorable light if you want and think you meant no disrespect, but even if you did not mean it, it has been conveyed as that. Maybe it is time to save face and appologize for any misunderstanding and maybe go edit your posts about it. It is obvious you seem to be the only one ok with what you have said.

If this topic is not ok in this section then I assume a mod would remove it. Although I would then reconsider ever becoming a plus member again because in my opinion this is perfectly fine.

I will never forget 9-11. I was a freshman in high school. Entering Mrs. Gormans typing class at Alcoa when I saw the images on the screen. It was at that point that I realized things were changing. The teacher was crying, the students shocked and time as I knew it was split. Pre and post 9-11. I remember standing with my dad and talking about how weird it was to see and hear no plane in the sky. I will never forget and I get a tingling feeling just typing this now. 9-11 is not a republican/democrat issue, it is an American issue.

To start, I consider myself Liberal, so I take offense to that somehow making me not caring about the 9/11 tragedies. But I won't get into politics here.

I remember every minute of that day. For someone of my age and generation, it was almost like witnessing the end of innocence. I can say with all honesty that September 11 has forever changed my understanding and perspective on life. My thoughts and prayers once again go to the victims and their families, and to those who are putting their lives on the line overseas to serve our country.