Millington?

Scotty92592

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will more than likely win their region and make the playoffs as the #1 seed out of 7-5A. I'm not sure how far they will go once they get there. Their defense last year was very good. This year's defense looks to be faster, but not as good all around as last year's D. But if you're asking if they CAN make a deep playoff push, of course they can. They are well coached and have alot of good athletes. So if a team thinks they can overlook them, they would be wrong.

they lost last year against indy in the semis but do you think they could be a threat this year?

I think there is a very good chance that Millington is the representative from West Tennessee in the State Semi's again this year. Though Whitehaven could easily be there as well. Millington is a relatively young team that is playing a ton of sophmores and or first time starters on both sides of the ball. They will continue to get better and better as the year progresses. Through the first two games (Munford and Arlington) They have not been challenged. The games have been over early in the first quarter. Tausean Holmes (5'11" 185pd SR), our starting WingBack has only carried the ball 5 times through two games. He has touched the ball 7 times scoring 6 touchdowns.

The schedule begins to toughen up starting tonight with Craigmont. Craigmont is much more athletic than either Munford or Arlington. The game is a Craigmont home game, but because they do not have a home football field the game will be played at Raliegh Egypt High which is closer to Millington than it is Craigmont. Expect Millington to have the bigger crowd. I suspect that Craigmont will probably score, but in the end Millington will win convincingly.

Go Trojans!!

They will more than likely win their region and make the playoffs as the #1 seed out of 7-5A. I'm not sure how far they will go once they get there. Their defense last year was very good. This year's defense looks to be faster, but not as good all around as last year's D. But if you're asking if they CAN make a deep playoff push, of course they can. They are well coached and have alot of good athletes. So if a team thinks they can overlook them, they would be wrong.

I think you can say the same about several 5A teams in West TN this year, Last year I felt Millington was the best team but this year is different because the 5A division in West TN is very even with G-Town beating Collierville, Kirby off to a good start, Whitehaven always strong, Houston with a great QB, White Station still has J. Burton who can win a game by himself, Millington young but Talented, Bolton is young and seams to improve as the year goes on. You just have no real clear picture of who could represent the west in the Semi's. Week three has some good matchups and no need to worry about polls or the Dandy Dozen because they have to play the games and polls have no effect on the ending, "Thank goodness".

Good Luck Trojans

This was definitely an eye opener for Millington......but also good for them in the long run. You can expect Hawkins to have them out there at practice Monday doing ball security drills for a few hours. But an ugly win is better than a pretty loss. Good luck the rest of the year Trojans.

I think barring injuries Millington will be much better in October than they are now.The juniors on this team are a combined 24 and 1 over the last 2 plus years the sophomores are 10 and 1. We have some very good seniors, but make no mistake about it this is a junior led team. I know for a fact most of these kids stay an hour or more after practice to lift weights and run. They are very hungry and do not like to lose, they do not know how, evidence 9 turnovers and still win?

Trojan Dad

Last night was indeed our worst fundamental game that I've seen in the 4 years I've been here. I'm really proud of the great coaching staff and the players for pulling it out and never putting their heads down and conceding when they easily could have. Way to Go Trojans! I'll be in the stands cheering you guys on next week!

The D can feel good about bailing out the offense after Friday night's game. Even though Millington turned it over 7 times (6 fumbles lost and 1 INT), they stepped up and smothered the Craigmont offense. The D line did a great job blowing up the run and keeping pressure on the QB. Great job Trojans and good luck the rest of the year.

ok what was the actual # of fumbles? I was told 10 or 11 and 8 or 9 of them were recovered by craigmont.. 2 or 3 were kept by millington...? heheh confussing.

The actual stats were 8 fumbles with 7 being recovered by Craigmont. Additionally, Craigmont interecepted a pass as well. Millington was very fortunate to have won this one. As has been stated earlier in this thread, the Millington Defense really stepped up and covered for the offense. The Defensive stand at the 1 foot line was incredible. Craigmont had two downs from the 1 foot line and couldn't get the ball in the endzone. That was the game changer in my opinion.

I would suspect that Millington will play much better this week vs Central.