Franklin Rebels VS. Independence Eagles

huskergymnast33

Anyone who knows anything about Franklin athletics understands the time and effort Kurt (Coach) Jones put into helping the program succeed. He spent countless hours with football and baseball players helping prepare them to be at their best on game day. We moved here a year ago and my son joined the football team the Friday before practices started. That day Coach Jones took my son into the coaches office and began looking at video with him trying to get him up to speed with the offense. He put together video and sent it home with my son to study every couple of days and stayed after practices discussing the offense with him. Other than some garbage time at the end of a few games my son didn't see much varsity action last season yet Coach Jones still treated him like he was important to the program.

My son has since decided to focus his time on baseball which was an extremely difficult decision, but his final season was a good season thanks in large part to the efforts of Kurt Jones. I haven't quite gotten over my son's decision to move on from football yet, but it did get a little easier when we learned Kurt had accepted a great opportunity at Independence High School. From a selfish standpoint we were disappointed to see him go but the decision was a no brainer.

Thanks for everything Coach, and good luck!

Sincerely,

Jason, Stacey, and Brandon (Flippen)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who knows anything about Franklin athletics understands the time and effort Kurt (Coach) Jones put into helping the program succeed. He spent countless hours with football and baseball players helping prepare them to be at their best on game day. We moved here a year ago and my son joined the football team the Friday before practices started. That day Coach Jones took my son into the coaches office and began looking at video with him trying to get him up to speed with the offense. He put together video and sent it home with my son to study every couple of days and stayed after practices discussing the offense with him. Other than some garbage time at the end of a few games my son didn't see much varsity action last season yet Coach Jones still treated him like he was important to the program.

My son has since decided to focus his time on baseball which was an extremely difficult decision, but his final season was a good season thanks in large part to the efforts of Kurt Jones. I haven't quite gotten over my son's decision to move on from football yet, but it did get a little easier when we learned Kurt had accepted a great opportunity at Independence High School. From a selfish standpoint we were disappointed to see him go but the decision was a no brainer.

Thanks for everything Coach, and good luck!

Sincerely,

Jason, Stacey, and Brandon (Flippen)

I agree in full! Anyone that knows Kurt would never question his character. I coached with Coach Jones for 3 years and still call him a good friend. The commitment he makes (no matter where he is) is awesome. Keep your head up Jonsey, you da man.

Sorry I haven't said anything but I you can't say anything nice.... You get the picture.

We all need to stop the Jones Bashing. (now that indy got stomped)

He was a good coach, and had even taken the time to burn me EVERY offensive play I was in last year on some CD's for me.

That has helped me tremendously this year.

Thanks Coach Jones

Itsupanditsgood i.e. TIM DONEGAN. It is very disheartening to me, to hear you say things such as this. Coming from an individual who did not play football until his senior year and then coming into the season with 2 games having already being played, I would have thought you would have a little more respect for a coach who was on the staff that allowed you to join the team. While you were a student at Franklin High School I showed you nothing but respect, welcomed you onto our football team and numerous times took up for you while others complained that you ran your mouth to much. When you get older and mature a little more, you will understand that there are opportunities in your adult life that you must take and this was one of them. Dr. Campbell gave me an opportunity to become the athletic director at IHS and I have taken great pride in giving these student athletes the best possible experience to play high school athletics. I believe my sportsmanship should never be questioned and in the 6 years that I spent at Franklin High School I can guarantee you my commitment to Franklin was never questioned. It is unacceptable to me the shot that you took at me in the last line of your statement and I thank UMREBEL for the good things he said about me. I am very honored to have worked with Graham for 3 years and I am proud of the accomplishments that he has received thus far. A simple commentary of the game is perfectly acceptable Tim but the unnecessary words that you aimed directly at me are simply disrespectful and should never be allowed in a forum supporting sportsmanship in Secondary Athletics.

Kurt Jones

OK - let me get this straight. Some Franklin High School kid posts about Indy and Coach Jones - kids stuff. And a Williamson County High School Coach AND Athletic Director responds??? Not only that, the coach went to the effort of finding out who the kid is and then uses his name to dress him down personally and publicly? Is this the professionalism of Williamson County? Is this an example of leadership?

Coach Jones,

My comments were based off the comments that you had burned your Franklin High clothes with your Independance players. Anything that has Franklin High on it Is something that Franklin people take pride in to represent, and burning it would be considered highly disrespectfull, especially for someone who used to coach for them. If it is true that you burned your Franklin High Stuff, My comment stands, But if It is false, I appologize and retract my comment, It was based on that fact only an nothing else.

and rebbacker 07, quit hiding behind your username, If you have something to say, say who you are instead of taking cheap shots behind a username

OK - let me get this straight. Some Franklin High School kid posts about Indy and Coach Jones - kids stuff. And a Williamson County High School Coach AND Athletic Director responds??? Not only that, the coach went to the effort of finding out who the kid is and then uses his name to dress him down personally and publicly? Is this the professionalism of Williamson County? Is this an example of leadership?

At least your former coach isn't posting.

the kid has graduated and jones did nothing wrong by calling him out get over it the "kid" is an adult now and has to take responsibility for his actions...that was a low blow tim you know jones did nothing but care about franklin football and baseball and the entire school

the kid graduated and the the athletic director has every right and reason to respond to any hearsay slander. YES it is great leadership.

FHS see ya in the playoffs

i agree... not much is being said after these games from Ravenwood and Indy after their outrageous posts. Indy made a big deal about their "FANS" but it was great to see the bleachers cleared out early in the third quarter. Looks like those fans arent so great if they cant hang around for the whole game. i believe one of these Indy supporters made a comment about how the rebel fans left last year with "tears in their eyes"... it's too bad but the Indy fans left too early before we could even tell if they were crying or just trying to get out of town because of all the smack they talked.

well well well, seems to me the same stuff as last year when you beat us at your stadium the same banter - - - - you were the better team so conrats but it was ohhhh so nice to see your players on the ground at IHS crying

well well well, seems to me the same stuff as last year when you beat us at your stadium the same banter - - - - you were the better team so conrats but it was ohhhh so nice to see your players on the ground at IHS crying

"but it was ohhhh so nice to see YOUR players on the ground at IHS crying"

you have got to be kidding me. I cant believe you actually brought that up. you sound like some school ground punk or bully. grow up a bit brotha. this is HIGH SCHOOl FOOTBALL not as if your back in HIGH SCHOOL anymore (or maybe you are). this a fun rivalry with a lot of passion but guys like you can really screw that up.

also to add its your group of fans who made such a bid deal about the 3-0 record at Declaration Way and that the rebels couldnt and wouldnt win there. Also, cant underestimate the talent on the team, Heckman, who is one of the counties best might I add, and that "Bring your best, because your best... blah blah blah" (sounded like a watered down Nike commericial). so now you and your team gets totally embarrased in every facit of the game from offense to defense to special teams all three phases and you want to bring up the the IHS playoff game and harp on how AWESOME it was to you see a bunch of high school kids ball their eyes out.

shows it all. thanks goldendome

"but it was ohhhh so nice to see YOUR players on the ground at IHS crying"

you have got to be kidding me. I cant believe you actually brought that up. you sound like some school ground punk or bully. grow up a bit brotha. this is HIGH SCHOOl FOOTBALL not as if your back in HIGH SCHOOL anymore (or maybe you are). this a fun rivalry with a lot of passion but guys like you can really screw that up.

also to add its your group of fans who made such a bid deal about the 3-0 record at Declaration Way and that the rebels couldnt and wouldnt win there. Also, cant underestimate the talent on the team, Heckman, who is one of the counties best might I add, and that "Bring your best, because your best... blah blah blah" (sounded like a watered down Nike commericial). so now you and your team gets totally embarrased in every facit of the game from offense to defense to special teams all three phases and you want to bring up the the IHS playoff game and harp on how AWESOME it was to you see a bunch of high school kids ball their eyes out.

shows it all. thanks goldendome

first of all i am not you brotha ... you state """""your group of fans who made such a bid deal about the 3-0 record at Declaration Way and that the rebels couldnt and wouldnt win there. Also, cant underestimate the talent on the team, Heckman, who is one of the counties best might I add, and that "Bring your best, because your best... blah blah blah"""" well what is it you stated this is a fun rivalry game with lots of passion yet you cry when we say 3-0 bring it to Declaration ay so make up your mind...........

like I said you all talked the talk last year and got what you wished for to play IHS in the playoffs---go cry to vince young