best high school qb in tn

yankee

Good pick.....but not in the same league as Gilchrist as far as a passer. Teague won't play QB in college and Gilchrist will. I read somewhere Teage is rated one of the top 50 athletes in the country. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.....I'm looking ath the next level.

As long as he doesn't have to make a living playing against Henry County he may be real good. I would take Teague over him in a heartbeat. If you want a not too mobile pocket passer he is your guy. He throws the ball well but against Henry County he spends most of the time on his can. Just ask him.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm talking QB only....in noway am I saying Gilchrist is the same type of recruit as Teague....just that Gilchrist is being recruited to play QB in college and Teague is not. Both are great players...NO DOUBT!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Will Gilchrist Hardin County: From Rivals

3 star prospect ranked #22 dual threat QB in the country

6'1 190 pounds 4.9 40 4.0 GPA

2 star prospect and number 110 QB overall by Scout.

Gilchrist is a verbal to Memphis and had offers from Navy, Louisana Tech, Ohio, and MTSU. Also drew interest from a few other D1 schools.

Somebody posted this on another site. I assume it's true but don't know for sure.

Gilchrist finished in the top five out of 120 QBs in Auburn at Tee Martin's quarterbacks camp in Auburn.

Gilchrist will most likely redshirt and possibly compete for the starting postition the following season.

Teague threw for over 1300 yards and sixteen TDs with only three interceptions. Compare those numbers to your guy. Also Teague rushed for over 1600 yards and seventeen TDs. Compare those dual numbers with anyone you can think of. Over 2900 yards and 33 TDs with two fumbles and three interceptions.

I'll take Henry Countys Quarterback, hands down even at the next level. You win with a running quarterback both in high school and in college.

That is blown out of porportion. I mean you have some really good dual threat guys that win no doubt, but there are just as many or more pure pocket passers that win too. Matter of fact, most of your duel threat guys are worse young quarterbacks in college compared to pocket passers because they want to pull the ball down and run too quickly. Oviously, there are exceptions to that statement, but that is my observation.

I'll take the accurate passer that can put the ball in the receivers hands anyday. Obviously Gilchrist is being recruited as a QB and Teage as a WR/DB. There is a reason for that. Gilschrist doesn't have the good fortune of playing on a POWERHOUSE team like Henry County.....If i'm not mistaken Gilchrist is considered the top Senior QB in the state...by college scouts and not by coacht posters. Teague is freakish athlete..Gilchrist is not. I have no ties to Henry County or Hardin County, therfore I'm not biased one way or the other....unlike some.

I know, I posted that already. I was just pointing out that Teague isn't being recruited to play QB (most likely WR/DB) and Gilchrist is.

This is off topic:

Dominique Allen is rated as the Number 4 FB in the country.

Shontae Sims will most likely play D1 as well...Do you agree?

Do you know where Jeramaine Fowler is going to college or who is looking at him. At 6'3 340 he will play somewhere ...for sure.

Lennies McFerren #40 RB at Henry Co. is also a JR and is rumored to have D1 interest.

I wonder if those that discount Gilchrist have ever seen him or do they just pick the other guy becuase he playes for the team they root for. Everybody on here can agree or disagree wiht Rivals...but, one thing is a FACT. Rivals has Will Gilchrist rated as a 3 star prospect and the number 22 ranked dual threat QB in the country...I bet the same people that disagree with Rivals about Gilchrist agree with them when it comes to the other two players.....GET MY POINT......It's a HOMERS way of thinking is all i'm saying......I happen to be one that agrees with Rivals on Allen, Teague, and Gilchrist.....Would be curious if people think Rivals is right on Allen and Teague and wrong on Gilchrist.

I would be willing to bet the farm they know more than we do when it comes to evaluating talent and potential. Maybe I made the mistake of thinking the question was who is the best QB as far as college goes...If that is the question Gilchrist comes out ahead!!!!!! Like I said Gilchrist is being recruited as a QB and Teague as a WR/DB....must be a reason for that.... And yes I know who has offerd all these kids and where they all rank to. I suspect alot of people havn't even seen Gillchrist and are just making an assesment on blind loyalty...wouldn't be uncommon..90% of the posters on here show bias and do that....THAT IS ALSO A FACT!!!!!!!!!

Another young man that impressed me was the QB from Halls. He's tall...6'3" or so....and he can throw the football. Also, he can run with the ball. He's a very good athlete....just pure athletic. He made some amazing throws on the run when Halls played Greenfield.

I havent seen Gilchrist, nor Teague, nor Bo Wallace....but, I hear that they are all outstanding. I hope to see them play sometime this year.