2A Top Ten

CPA4Ever

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try reading my posts, SPORT! I rated CPA tied for 10th behind several ET teams, so why are you saying I would rate them "right behind Alcoa or perhaps even ahead of them if truth be known." The truth is known - I posted it. Last year I would have had CAK in my Top 5 at the end of the year, but not in the top 10 this year.

And then you compound your foolishness by assuming my Christian beliefs. Why don't you just read the posts, and post your opinions instead of putting words in other's mouths, and bringing religion into the mix?

Calm down, there, sport. Your blood pressure's raising. I'm sorry about assuming that you are a Christian. It was really a figure of speech actually. My apologies, I should not have brought denominational theology onto this webpage at any rate. My bad. I've read your posts, but didn't you want to inch ole CPA up a little further on the chart even though they have 2 losses this early in the season??? Now, come on pal, we can read between the lines.

My opinion, York should be on the list!!!

I agree. My list would be something like this:

1. Alcoa (2-1) - Agree, no one else is even close.

2. Milan (3-0) - Agree, sound very strong this year.

3. Tyner (4-0) - Agree for now, will have to wait and see how Boyd game turns out.

4. Goodpasture (2-2) - Loss to JP2 surprising, but I still think this team is for real in 2A.

5. Boyd Buchanan (4-0) - Looks like they have returned to form.

6. CPA (1-2) - Has proven to be a great team in recent years.

7. York Institute (3-0) - 12-1 last season with most starters returning, should get more love.

8. (tie) Camden (2-1) - Could be better, but usually falls to Nashville teams in playoffs.

8. (tie) Westview (2-1). - Started last year 9-0, even beating Henry Co., before collapsing.

10. Lewis Co. (3-0) - Unimpressive results, but give benefit of the doubt here.

Best of the rest:

Smith Co. (3-1) - Need to rebound vs York this week to return to the list.

Westmoreland (4-0) - Scores surprisingly low, but could likely compete with most.

Gatlinburg-Pittman (4-0) - Last year they were better than expected, could be again.

Hickman Co. (2-1) - Lots of hype but questionable results.

3. Tyner (4-0) - Agree for now, will have to wait and see how Boyd game turns out.

4. Goodpasture (2-2) - Loss to JP2 surprising, but I still think this team is for real in 2A.

7. York Institute (3-0) - 12-1 last season with most starters returning, should get more love.

8. (tie) Camden (2-1) - Could be better, but usually falls to Nashville teams in playoffs.

8. (tie) Westview (2-1). - Started last year 9-0, even beating Henry Co., before collapsing.

Best of the rest:

Westmoreland (4-0) - Scores surprisingly low, but could likely compete with most.

Gatlinburg-Pittman (4-0) - Last year they were better than expected, could be again.

Good list, seems to be right on to me.

Calm down, there, sport. Your blood pressure's raising. I'm sorry about assuming that you are a Christian. It was really a figure of speech actually. My apologies, I should not have brought denominational theology onto this webpage at any rate. My bad. I've read your posts, but didn't you want to inch ole CPA up a little further on the chart even though they have 2 losses this early in the season??? Now, come on pal, we can read between the lines.

I am a Christian, but you assumed something about my beliefs, not my faith. Both of those assumptions have no place on CoachT. You are a big man to apologize. Apology accepted, now let's move on.

And "no", I did not want to inch CPA up higher. Actually, I was afraid if I didn't have them on the list, my fellow CPA posters would give me a hard time.

If you read my earlier posts this year, I have stated that CPA is rebuilding this year, and with 6 starters out with injuries (4 for the year), they are really low on numbers (only 28 Soph.-Sr.). My posting style is not trash talk or unrealistic expectations. I like to analyze the teams and games, not blow smoke. If CPA does well, I am happy, but I won't predict them to win unless I think they can. I know how well they are coached, so they are better than their 1-2 record. They should end up 7-3 or 6-4.

I started this thread and posted my Top 10 after looking at the teams winning tradition and actual results this year considering who they have played, not their record. I did not even consider east vs. middle vs. west, just the teams.

I am confident I will end up with 7-8 of them right gong into the playoffs.

Best of the rest:

I agree that York should be on the list. I mistakenly overlooked them. Would probably have them about where you do (knocking USJ off my Top 10), especially if they beat SC. Don't think Goodpasture will end up 4, but that's IMO.

Here's how I see it based on 4 weeks:

1. Alcoa (2-1) - who else?

2. Milan (3-0) - beat Camden. Class of the west.

3. Tyner (4-0) - won at Fulton

4. Westview (2-1). only loss to 4A power Henry Co.

5. Lewis Co. (3-0). beat 1A power Mt. Pleasant

6 (tie) Boyd Buchanan (4-0). beat CAK

6. (tie) Camden (2-1). loss to Milan

8. Goodpasture (2-2). beat Ravenwood week 1, but lately struggling

9. Smith Co. (3-1). Lost to 1A power Trousdale Co.

10. (tie) USJ (3-0). beat pretty good Harding team

10. (tie) CPA (1-2). 2 losses to Ensworth and by 8 to ECS - both great teams.

Gat. Pitt. is 4-0, but teams they beat have a 2-13 combined record.

Loudon (2-2) beat CAK, but lost to 1A Greenback

Kingston (3-0) but no good opponents.

Let the discussion begin.

Uh, when did Kingston drop down from 3A?? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Good luck to teams 2-52 on your quest for the Silver Ball.

USJ will surprise folks this year! I think they have a great shot at making the playoffs. I've heard the QB Jake Overbey is the real deal.

USJ is just HYPE. ur tellin me they can hang with goodpature or any other west tennessee power house. no. wait till they the physical teams in their region like milan n westview. believe or not Gibson county.

USJ is not just hype. Despite me not liking USJ too much they are legit this year. I've heard the new QB (Preston Overybey, the youngest brother of the 2 Overbey's) is the real deal and I've heard is already better than Hardegree. They defeated 1A TCA by the score of 38-21, 2A Reg. opponent Humboldt 38-31, and D.II Harding Academy whom was 3-0 going into the USJ game. They return 2 of the Region's best receivers in Smigelski and Martindale. I don't think that they'll beat Milan as I have already stated that Milan will not be challenged until the state semi's. I do think that USJ will play with Westview though. I'm not saying USJ is a powerhouse this year but they have a good chance of making the playoffs in the strong region of 8-2A. I do hope GC does go out and beat them this year as we have trouble defending the spread, so go out and beat 'em!

Didn't say say CPA was an "elite team", but if you really think Westmoreland, Gatt.Pitt. or Lewis Co. could beat Goodpasture or CPA, you will find out by the end of the year, you are wrong.

I remember a couple of years ago Camden had one loss, was #4-5 in the state in the polls, CPA had lost 3 games to powerhouses. CPA went to Camden as "underdogs" and put over 50 on Camden in a blowout. Same way with Goodpasture over Peabody in the playoffs last year.

There is no way your #5-9 teams could even stay on the field with Ravenwood or PJPII as Goodpasture did.

This is all opinion, I realize, but history says your #5-9 teams always win a lot of games, but can't go far in the playoffs. Again, I say talk to me at the end of the year. I bet I am right.

Now why you gotta go and say somethin like that for ha ha. I remember that game it was the last game of my high school career, and I know for a fact that the final score 55-28. The first half was like 35 -0 or so, and we put all of our points up in the fourth quarter. I gotta admit that CPA was the real deal that year.

USJ is much improved, but to say they can HANG with the likes of MILAN, Huntingdon, Martin-Westveiw, Camden, Goodpasture, CPA, etc. etc. is absolutely a FANTASY by anyone who thinks they can. The new QB is Jake Overby, and yes he is good but he is surrounded by players who make him look good as well. THey have two pretty good receivers considerin one is a sophomore, and one is a junior. They are getting better though, but I don't beleive they're ready for the big boys just yet.

Uh, when did Kingston drop down from 3A?? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Good luck to teams 2-52 on your quest for the Silver Ball.

Thanks for reading and for the correction. I looked at Kingston's record (played a 1A, 2A and 3A team) and wrongly was thinking they were 2A. My bad. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Don't you ever get tired of telling everybody what they already know and admit - that Alcoa is #1? I admire your team pride, but come up with something more interesting to post, other than "we are the best and you are not."

On another note. Cobb has looked great at UK. No big surprise, though. What was the story behind him not going to UT?

Now why you gotta go and say somethin like that for ha ha. I remember that game it was the last game of my high school career, and I know for a fact that the final score 55-28. The first half was like 35 -0 or so, and we put all of our points up in the fourth quarter. I gotta admit that CPA was the real deal that year.

USJ is much improved, but to say they can HANG with the likes of MILAN, Huntingdon, Martin-Westveiw, Camden, Goodpasture, CPA, etc. etc. is absolutely a FANTASY by anyone who thinks they can. The new QB is Jake Overby, and yes he is good but he is surrounded by players who make him look good as well. THey have two pretty good receivers considerin one is a sophomore, and one is a junior. They are getting better though, but I don't beleive they're ready for the big boys just yet.

Sorry to open old wounds. I missed that game because I was in the hospital, but my wife went, got into interstate wreck traffic on the way, missed the 1st quarter, and the game was already as good as over. We got beat by Goodpasture the next week, who got beat by Alcoa in the finals. I do believe we were the 3rd best team in the state that year behind GP and Alcoa. Lately we can't get over the GP hump.