2A Top Ten

CPA4Ever

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past 15 years we have played a couple of teams that we probably should not have played. It??™s not as easy to get a full schedule as one might think here in Lewis County. Overall our schedule is not as weak as some might think. Most of the weak teams that we have play were within our Region and we have no choice in that. Here's a list of our out of reg. opponents from the past 15 years.

At the time

HICKMAN CO. 4A

LAWRENCE CO. 4A

GILES CO 3A

GREENBRIER 3A

EZELL-HARDING 2A

MIDDLETON 2A should not have played, alterative was only 9 games that year

PARSONS 2A

WAVERLY 2A

WESTMORLAND 2A Proven solid program

MOORE CO 1A

MT. PLEASANT 1A

PERRY CO. 1A should not have played

WAYNE CO. 1A Have played for 51 years and will continue

TROUSDALE CO. 1A

Please trim that list down to the last 5 years and let's see what it looks like. - It's not nearly as pretty

Just because we didn't play the best teams in 2A doesn't mean we didn't want to. I know for a fact that our coaches tried to schedule the best 2A competition possible but for reasons such as scheduling conflicts, travel, etc, it never got done. It is much easier for Camden to play you guys, Westview, Northside - because of the proximity to those teams. We are kind of in the middle of nowhere and noone wants to come play here so its hard to get a home and home. I am a firm believer that great competition week in and week out makes you better, but I also believe that if you have a good team, you have a good team - no matter who you've played. It will all play out soon enough and either you'll be right or I'll be right. At least we don't have something like the BCS where all we would have would be speculation.

It is true that if you are a good team then what does it matter. I think what is trying to be said is that you guys really do not know how good you are. Then you get in a tough game with 5 minutes left and instead of having the mind set that we have done this before you really do not know what to do. Game is over and everybody says "We should have done this or we should have done that!" Truth is IF you test yourself and sometimes lose, it makes you better and your coach's better also.

There is no way that you can put Milan at #4 that is ridiculous. USJ in front of Camden? I dont think so. You got this one all messed up

From a scoring perspective USJ played Milan closer than Camden so how messed up is it?

As far as putting Milan at #4 I think it is pretty reasonable. Its just my opinion but I think that Milan is very beatable, and I think that Tyner and Boyd are far better than anyone Milan has played and I beleive would come out on top of a head to head matchup and so I rank them 4th.

Guest nwtnsports

Good reply. If Milan fans really believe their team is higher than fourth, then it would make sense to them for USJ to be ahead of Camden because of win margin (42-35 vs. USJ, 42-28 vs. Camden).

Milan's high-powered rushing offense has managed just 272 yards over the past two weeks. They gave up a combined 795 passing yards to USJ and JCS. They are 8-0, but so is Lewis County. Then there are some really good one and two-loss teams in Middle and East Tennessee - such as Boyd, Tyner, and oh, Alcoa.

Trenton and JCS shoved 7, 8, 9, guys in the box the last two weeks and played bump coverage. So Morris went through the air and made them pay. 135 yards a game really is pretty good considering. Hard to say if Camden or USJ is better. USJ couldn't stop Camden's running game but I don't know if Camden coupld stop USJ through the air.

1. Alcoa

2. Milan

3. Boyd-B.

4. Goodpasture

5. Camden Central

6. Lewis Co.

7. USJ

8. Westmoreland

9. York

10. Tyner

After that- Smith Co., G. Pitt., Hickman Co., Stewart Co.

Haven't watched 2A very close the last few years if you don't have CPA in your top 14. They have lost 3 games to 3 of the top private big schools in the state, and pretty much handled all of their 2A opponents. History says a 7-3 CPA team will beat most other 2A teams with better records come playoff time. Same is true of Goodpasture.

The Goodpasture / CPA game next week will tell a lot. If CPA wins, they win the Region and home field plaoffs games. But, that's a big "if" since they have lost several games in a row against Goodpasture the last few years.

Haven't watched 2A very close the last few years if you don't have CPA in your top 14. They have lost 3 games to 3 of the top private big schools in the state, and pretty much handled all of their 2A opponents. History says a 7-3 CPA team will beat most other 2A teams with better records come playoff time. Same is true of Goodpasture.

The Goodpasture / CPA game next week will tell a lot. If CPA wins, they win the Region and home field plaoffs games. But, that's a big "if" since they have lost several games in a row against Goodpasture the last few years.

Your right!!I would put them into the top 7

Please trim that list down to the last 5 years and let's see what it looks like. - It's not nearly as pretty

Looks like the following to me:

Wayne Co. - Single A

Moore Co. - Single A

Mt. Pleasant - Single A

Westmoreland - a .500 club the years you played them

Waverly - a sub .500 the last few years.

I stand by my past statement - your team chooses not to play against tougher competition. There's nothing wrong with that as long as you're happy with going home in the first or second round like the last 4 years.

Looks like the following to me:

Wayne Co. - Single A

Moore Co. - Single A

Mt. Pleasant - Single A

Westmoreland - a .500 club the years you played them

Waverly - a sub .500 the last few years.

I stand by my past statement - your team chooses not to play against tougher competition. There's nothing wrong with that as long as you're happy with going home in the first or second round like the last 4 years.

I must agree with your statement. That is a pretty weak out of region schedule. That does look like a good reason for the outstanding record but early exits in November.