DB vs Jeff County

1WhoKnows

There are not going to be as many available 6A schools as you might think. Region 4, which will contain Bearden, Farragut, Knoxville West, Maryville, and William Blount all have 8 region games that they have to play no matter what(six of which will be against other 6A schools) What exactly would be their motivation for putting any other 6A team on the schedule, most of those schools already have built in rivalries with other schools that they will want on the schedule(like Maryville with Aloca/Knox Central, or Knox West with Knox Central).

The 6A teams in regions 1,2 and 3 are going to have to play either other in the regular season if for no other reason than to play more than one 6A team before the playoffs. That leaves Karns, Oak Ridge, Science Hill, and DB, Jeff County, and Sevier County as 6A teams to make a schedule with. Maryville is only going to have one open slot in the schedule if they continue to play Aloca(and why wouldn't they) so DB is going to have to get in line with O.R, Knox Central, Mo West, Halls, and anyone else who wants to play Maryville. It simply makes sense for the two teams to keep playing each other. From DB's perspective we're the closest 6A team with a pulse that will have an open schedule. From our perspective we have to get either DB or O.R on the schedule(maybe both) because they may be the only high quality teams we face all year prior to the playoffs. We're going to be playing in one of the weakest regions in the state, if either Sevier Co, West or East has a bad year we're going to be left with maybe two good region opponents all year long. As far as possibly facing DB or S.Hill in the 1st round, I'm not 100% sure of this but I would guess that regions 1 and 4 will face off, and regions 2 and 3 will face off. Either way thats no reason not to play DB or S.Hill, we've faced DB in the playoffs how many while being in the same region? Better to be battle tested going in than to play nothing but 5A teams and not have faced the same class of team we will be seeing come playoff time.

Thoroughly explained and very well put. You can play a creme puff or two at some point to 'learn how to win' if necessary but you have to play good teams if you want to elevate your game and strive to reach your goal of being the best.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are not going to be as many available 6A schools as you might think. Region 4, which will contain Bearden, Farragut, Knoxville West, Maryville, and William Blount all have 8 region games that they have to play no matter what(six of which will be against other 6A schools) What exactly would be their motivation for putting any other 6A team on the schedule, most of those schools already have built in rivalries with other schools that they will want on the schedule(like Maryville with Aloca/Knox Central, or Knox West with Knox Central).

The 6A teams in regions 1,2 and 3 are going to have to play either other in the regular season if for no other reason than to play more than one 6A team before the playoffs. That leaves Karns, Oak Ridge, Science Hill, and DB, Jeff County, and Sevier County as 6A teams to make a schedule with. Maryville is only going to have one open slot in the schedule if they continue to play Aloca(and why wouldn't they) so DB is going to have to get in line with O.R, Knox Central, Mo West, Halls, and anyone else who wants to play Maryville. It simply makes sense for the two teams to keep playing each other. From DB's perspective we're the closest 6A team with a pulse that will have an open schedule. From our perspective we have to get either DB or O.R on the schedule(maybe both) because they may be the only high quality teams we face all year prior to the playoffs. We're going to be playing in one of the weakest regions in the state, if either Sevier Co, West or East has a bad year we're going to be left with maybe two good region opponents all year long. As far as possibly facing DB or S.Hill in the 1st round, I'm not 100% sure of this but I would guess that regions 1 and 4 will face off, and regions 2 and 3 will face off. Either way thats no reason not to play DB or S.Hill, we've faced DB in the playoffs how many while being in the same region? Better to be battle tested going in than to play nothing but 5A teams and not have faced the same class of team we will be seeing come playoff time.

We will just have to wait and see if D-B feels the same way you do.

Plus we will also have Seymour on our regular season schedule and of course the old IMAC teams. Then there is

Sevier County. Thats seven teams. I am all for reviving the old rivalry with Halls, South Doyle and Central.

This is same way it was done back in the 80's, minus Rhea County. As I said I'd rather see D-B or Science Hill in the playoffs.

JMO nothing else.

If DB is smart they will schedule 6A's Jefferson County, Sevier County, and Oak Ridge, all of which will be in conferences with an abundance of 5A's. The fourth out of conference game is the wild card. I've heard from sources inside the program that we will not look to schedule Elizabethton in coming years. Seeing as we will save money with our new conference realignment, look for schools from the Chattanooga, Cookeville, Murfreesboro, Brentwood/Franklin, and Nashville areas to be mentioned as potential opponents. Costs have never been a question.

I also think it would be a disservice to both schools if DB and Jefferson Co. ended their rivalry. We play each other on the Freshman, JV, and Varsity levels, and have time to time as of late, played in the middle school playoffs. DB can always trust for Jefferson Co. squads to be a tough game, on all levels, which is beneficial.

Indians better be ready to play Friday night. This Jeff. Co. team was picked before the season to compete for the top spot in the conference and picked by a few to compete for a state title. They are a team thats capable of going toe to toe with anybody in the state. If they get it together like they did in the second half against Greenville, DB could be in trouble.

Indians better be ready to play Friday night. This Jeff. Co. team was picked before the season to compete for the top spot in the conference and picked by a few to compete for a state title. They are a team thats capable of going toe to toe with anybody in the state. If they get it together like they did in the second half against Greenville, DB could be in trouble.

They had Greeneville beat in the first half with that pounding,Greeneville just didn't know it yet.That big fullback is a beast and their backs are very quick.I said after that game, if DB could stop their run with a three man front,DB had a special run defense.Watson and Holt calling those stunts are the keys to that.Greeneville had a four man front and would bring two linebackers,but couldn't hardly slow Jeff co. down by the half. I think Jeff co. has been without their QB for the last couple of weeks.We have to figure this is the game they get it going.We have a very good team and everyone has painted a bulls eye on us this year.

It's great to have Chris back,and I hope that we mix up the run and pass to really use every weapon that we have.I thought Chris made some good things happen when it didn't look like anything was there.

We are to small here and two small there,but we just beat a team that had a 285 pound average line and looked like a college team all over the field.We're not a perfect team to look at,but so far we are where it counts.Roll Tribe

Pre-season i went to watch Jeff County scrimmage Sullivan South. I was not impressed with jeff county at all. I believe DB will win way big in this one.

I could say this 1 million times but most people will never get it. Scrimmage's are to learn from, not to win or look flashy in. Seems like Jefferson Co. beat Greenville worse in Greenville than South beat them at home. Just 1 example.