McKenzie at Union City

WestTnFootball

Speed has gone from running the ball over 30 times against Westview to over 20 times against Lake County to 5 times against Dresden...He is learning the system and making better decisions...They had 5 different kids rush for over 39 yards against Dresden...The thing that balances this offense out is the passing game..Speed is 12 for 18 with 1 INT & 2 TD's and 267 yards...

Penalties and turnovers will be the difference in the ballgame....I think each teams run defense will cancel each other out....UC will have to keep receivers in front of them and put pressure on the Rebel QB....

If the Reb receivers are in front of your secondary that is all but a complete pass. When they get behind you is when it gets iffy for now. We are far more content to take the 5, 10, 12 yard completions now than in recent past. Pressure on our QB had best be from all sides too or he will become a nightmare running out of the pocket. Our line has done a good job taking care of him so far for the most part though. But, he can scoot when needed!!!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Reb receivers are in front of your secondary that is all but a complete pass. When they get behind you is when it gets iffy for now. We are far more content to take the 5, 10, 12 yard completions now than in recent past. Pressure on our QB had best be from all sides too or he will become a nightmare running out of the pocket. Our line has done a good job taking care of him so far for the most part though. But, he can scoot when needed!!!

So is our "Speedy" ( Speed ) Q B.

I promise, your team has not and will not see a Q B that can run and move as much as Union City's.

If Union City can do a better job on Special Teams, this just might be the difference in the game.

We will only see, want we!!

Go Union City!! Show the McKenzie Rebels just what we can do

Marco daily? Kendal Harper? I dunno but i thought they could run a little. Maybe not a cool name like speed but they where "pretty good" runners. Most people would agree they might be a little better than mr. speed. There have been other great running qbs that mckenzie has seen over the past couple of years but i will only mention the two mckenzie played against last year. All sarcaism aside i will say that speed is a very good runner and UC has definitely had some great running backs over the years though!

If you can read my name (Rebel14) then you probably know who i am gonna pick to win the game, so i wont waste your time...but from what i have read, i think it will be a great game comin up Friday night and both teams are preparing nonstop the whole week. As for our passing game and UC's pass defence, i think both are improving. our passing game is definately not where it needs to be, but as i have learned through the years of watching Rebel football, you can never really doubt em. they will surprise you when you are least expecting it. on the other hand, Mactown has struggled with UC in the past, but i dont think you can count last year. we had, i believe, around 5 or 6 players out because of missing practices. That said, we were still predicted to trounce UC last year, but yall know the end result lol.

Good luck to both teams and stay injury free!!!!!

So is our "Speedy" ( Speed ) Q B.

I promise, your team has not and will not see a Q B that can run and move as much as Union City's.

If Union City can do a better job on Special Teams, this just might be the difference in the game.

We will only see, want we!!

Go Union City!! Show the McKenzie Rebels just what we can do

I thought Carlos Young,when he was at quarterback was every bit as quick ...Plus ,he was having to run against Union City's defense..Had he got to change sides and run against Lake Co..probably would have run for 10 touchdwns..And he was killing U.C. with the pass also..

I've been debating about this game and going back and forth with who I think will win..U.C. has a fast quarterback but if McKenzie shuts him down..will probably win the game because of their defense..At the same time,McKenzie hasn't shown me that they can score points on offense ,or at least many points..I don't believe the Rebels scored any points on offense against Trenton,a team that Lake Co put 40 points on..and at the timeTrenton had all their players and didn't have the distractions which we all know has been hard...Lake Co threw at will against U.C. and also had the speed to run from the quarterback spot..Does McKenzie have the offense to make it hard on U.C....If Union City just has to stop the run basically,could be hard for McKenzie to win...But if the Rebels has any kind of passing attack to go with the running game,I believe they'll win because of the Rebel defense..something Lake Co doesn't have..The U.C. quarterback,Speed could have have been running against a middle school team that would have given him more trouble than Lake Co..So..I'm not sure he'll be able to do that against McKenzie...So..I'm going with McKenzie 24-17 ,thinking that the Rebels may get a few points off a turnover or by a defensive stop..Plus,I read that one of their top weapons will be back!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> That's why I said what I said...If UC keeps the Rebel receivers in front of them they will at least have a shot at making a tackle(unlike what they did against Lake County).... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> If they get behind the Tornado secondary it's not good....

I imagine the coaching staff will be looking at what Peabody did as far as what D to run or different ways to run comparable schemes out of their own sets....Whatever Peabody did,they did pretty well considering they held the Rebel O out of the endzone and less than 150 total yards of offense...And Peabody's D wasn't much to write home about coming into the game....

Whatever Peabody did,they did pretty well considering they held the Rebel O out of the endzone and less than 150 total yards of offense...And Peabody's D wasn't much to write home about coming into the game....

Well now, don't let the stat fool you. McKenzie had about 3-4 holding penalties that, I may be slightly over estimating, that cost the Rebels nearly around 50-60 yards of rushing, so the Rebels could've had over 200 yards of offense and several more points on the board if the Rebels could've avoided holding Trenton so much. But also had the Rebels done a better job of catching several good passes from McKinney the game might've looked different too.

But the way I look at it, stats are simply numbers and nothing more. What matters the most is who's got the most points on the board, and I'm definitely looking forward to this Friday.

Well now, don't let the stat fool you. McKenzie had about 3-4 holding penalties that, I may be slightly over estimating, that cost the Rebels nearly around 50-60 yards of rushing, so the Rebels could've had over 200 yards of offense and several more points on the board if the Rebels could've avoided holding Trenton so much. But also had the Rebels done a better job of catching several good passes from McKinney the game might've looked different too.

But the way I look at it, stats are simply numbers and nothing more. What matters the most is who's got the most points on the board, and I'm definitely looking forward to this Friday.

The way I look at your explanation for the lack of offense is a more troubling problem..Lack of discipline..

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> That's why I said what I said...If UC keeps the Rebel receivers in front of them they will at least have a shot at making a tackle(unlike what they did against Lake County).... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> If they get behind the Tornado secondary it's not good....

I imagine the coaching staff will be looking at what Peabody did as far as what D to run or different ways to run comparable schemes out of their own sets....Whatever Peabody did,they did pretty well considering they held the Rebel O out of the endzone and less than 150 total yards of offense...And Peabody's D wasn't much to write home about coming into the game....

I hear you. But, our short yardage passing game works well and the long deal hasn't been there for us at this point. Play calling was a BIG issue with the Rebels against Trenton too. We are not the same team everyone is accustomed to seeing in the recent past. Peabody's D showed up and we spent the entire game running right into it's teeth to a large extent. That was the big problem. They adapted and we didn't. I sure hope that that was seen in the film and we adjust accordingly the rest of the season. We sure can't spend an entire game with a competent team trying to run between the tackles on O!!!!

Our strength this season is speed and we have to get it on the corners and outside as well as get the ball to them with the short passes and let them take if from there. We will have to be a "grind it out" offense this time rather than a big play offense.

And that's just my $.02 worth. Might be worth some thought though.

Good luck to Quinton Bowden today as he undergoes surgery. I will be praying for a speedy recovery. Hopefully he will be back in three to four weeks. Also i hope to see jake johnson playing soon. I heard he is out for a couple more weeks also. It sounds like we should be getting healthy by the playoffs. I just hope we dont have anymore injuries. As for the game it should be a good one.