McKenzie at Union City

WestTnFootball

Haven't seen McKenzie this year but watched the UC/Westview game. If McKenzie came stay balanced offensively, forcing UC to play the run and the pass, Mckenzie wins. They have seen the veer before from OC, so it won't be as foreign to them as it will be to others. Speed runs the veer well, but is the biggest threat UC has. If you can isolate on him and hold down his gains, I don't think the UC S-backs have enough quickness to burn good corners. They may gain yardage, but not as effectively. The key to defending the veer is to take out the biggest threat and force an offense to beat you with the lesser threat. That was how Dyersburg was handled last year. Teams took away the S-backs and forced Parker to keep the ball and beat them. Against UC, you reverse that thinking and make him pitch. Should be a good game to watch.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I'd Rather Talk About Bigster's Grandma. Is She Still Dipping Snuff And Running That Shell Station On The Edge Of Town. I Asked Her How The Fishing Was. And She Stated Wearing Em Out. They Using Two Pound Mosquitoes And Catching 1/2 Pound Crappies.

She's waiting on you to come to town..Said she was going to go out and buy another granny chair so you could sit beside her..Don't think you should ask her for any of her tonic though..May be too much for you watching those Falcons fly by your Rebels!

After catching up since my computer is down and I am still not at home, i will say this. If UC strength is stopping the run and not the pass. Then this should be one heck of a ball game. If I am UC (and Duck, I told you this the other day), I am loading 8 if not 9 in the box and say beat me w/ your pass McKenzie. We have not proven we can throw the ball. Then again, we have not had to in our first 2 games. I feel like the McKenzie D will be there to help contain Speed. We will see though. If they do load up, spread them out and let McKinney go to work.

I look for a low scoring game and I agree w/ UCDIDITAGAIN, peanalties and Defense will be the key along w/ special teams. 3 pts could be the difference.

After catching up since my computer is down and I am still not at home, i will say this. If UC strength is stopping the run and not the pass. Then this should be one heck of a ball game. If I am UC (and Duck, I told you this the other day), I am loading 8 if not 9 in the box and say beat me w/ your pass McKenzie. We have not proven we can throw the ball. Then again, we have not had to in our first 2 games. I feel like the McKenzie D will be there to help contain Speed. We will see though. If they do load up, spread them out and let McKinney go to work.

I look for a low scoring game and I agree w/ UCDIDITAGAIN, peanalties and Defense will be the key along w/ special teams. 3 pts could be the difference.

mckenzie has to stop Speed first off...do that and you have 60 percent of the game..then they have to score points...ten they have the game

i look at mckenzie to win

mckenzie has to stop Speed first off...do that and you have 60 percent of the game..then they have to score points...ten they have the game

i look at mckenzie to win

I love CoachT..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ...Check this out....Dresden held Speed to 5 rushes for 35 yards but lost 48-0(Speed played THREE full quarters).....Speed is not all Union City has...

Haven't seen McKenzie this year but watched the UC/Westview game. If McKenzie came stay balanced offensively, forcing UC to play the run and the pass, Mckenzie wins. They have seen the veer before from OC, so it won't be as foreign to them as it will be to others. Speed runs the veer well, but is the biggest threat UC has. If you can isolate on him and hold down his gains, I don't think the UC S-backs have enough quickness to burn good corners. They may gain yardage, but not as effectively. The key to defending the veer is to take out the biggest threat and force an offense to beat you with the lesser threat. That was how Dyersburg was handled last year. Teams took away the S-backs and forced Parker to keep the ball and beat them. Against UC, you reverse that thinking and make him pitch. Should be a good game to watch.

I touched on your point back in the summer...Comer has seen this offense...That very well could be one of those intangibles that could sway the game in McKenzie's favor...

I'm not such a homer to say McKenzie isn't the favorite...They are...Union City IS the underdog in this game....To be tha man you gotta beat tha man and until somebody knocks the Rebels off their perch they are "Tha Man"...

just got the news Mckenzie has lost their starting tailback bowden and jake johnson will not play this week either so we are down to the 3rd string tailback and with bowden we lose the 2nd fastest player on the team and our starting safety. bowden will be out till the first round of the playoffs. This could be really tough to overcome. Just my thoughts!

update well i just got the news bowden had surgery on his hand but will not be out. he will play with some pins in his hand friday nite. this is great news because we need his speed badly. jake johnson the starting tailback will dress and will probably not play he is #27 if anyone wants to see him. he is not in playing shape so he might see a little action but is doubful because we need him for later in the season. It would be terrible to let him come back too soon and risk being out for the whole season. just wanted to let everyone know.