South Rebels vs Johnson Co

Rebeltothecore

I'm sure this game will be no pushover or just handed to us on a silver platter. JC will be in the first half until the Rebel offensive train really gets rolling on track and begins the scoring machine. I'll agree w/ you Southrebel the area is great and atmosphere is deffinatly great for Football on Friday night. Mountain City is just a beautiful town hands down. Loved it there 3 years ago with the exception of losing my Cell Phonef9d -SIGH-

Good luck to all our guys and the Longhorns, hope for a great game and a safe one.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this sounds waaaaaayyyyyy out the box??¦but I truly think Johnson County has a punchers chance in this game. In order to do this they will have to stop the Taylor Fletcher Train without selling completely out to the run. Johnson Co was able to keep three good backs almost in check against Elizabethton. Of course none of them run with the conviction that they will see in Fletcher??™s eyes, so they are going to have to lay the wood to stop his train form pulling into the station multiple times. And then you have the flag and go routes that will eat you alive if Stacy catches you campin out in the box. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> You know, the more I think about it??¦just forget what I said. They really don??™t stand a chance!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I know this sounds waaaaaayyyyyy out the box??¦but I truly think Johnson County has a punchers chance in this game. In order to do this they will have to stop the Taylor Fletcher Train without selling completely out to the run. Johnson Co was able to keep three good backs almost in check against Elizabethton. Of course none of them run with the conviction that they will see in Fletcher??™s eyes, so they are going to have to lay the wood to stop his train form pulling into the station multiple times. And then you have the flag and go routes that will eat you alive if Stacy catches you campin out in the box. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> You know, the more I think about it??¦just forget what I said. They really don??™t stand a chance!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

cap your to much.f9d

Pretty Kool Cap. You made me laugh. I do expect them to bust us in the mouth and if we don't play D like we normally don't in the first half then they will pull couple of teeth. They may control the ground game but those flag routes...interference is the only D on those.

I am certainly not objective (or creditable) on this topic as I have picked JC to win the MLC in the past. I would love to see JC give the Rebels fits but this year's JC team is not as good as some in recent history. The difference between CP and BD, South by 14 instead of 28. Sorry, but no chance for the Longhorns.

This is another series which will likely end after next year's reclassifications. A shame as it has always been physical and entertaining. Great games (upsets) in '03 and '04.

Guest longhorns51

lets just put it plain and simple, if South throws the ball on us they score. I feel we can stop the run if Atwood can remember how to shoot the gaps hes to afraid of getting beat on a big play. Our D needs to show up for 4 qrts. We are a 2nd half team have been for a couple of years. if we can keep it close by half i believe we will have a chance, but if it gets out of hand like last year than go home early and wait for highlights tonight.

GO Longhorns

Johnson County is one of the best mouth punchers in NET, but so is South and they have a lot more tools.

I was talking to a friend of mine about South being tough and he said He was more impressed with how South can take a punch and keep on ticking. (Referencing GHS game)

That checkmates one of JC's big strengths. Kicking game to JC, but punts and field goals won't win, when SS is scoring tds.

Johnson County is one of the best mouth punchers in NET, but so is South and they have a lot more tools.

I was talking to a friend of mine about South being tough and he said He was more impressed with how South can take a punch and keep on ticking. (Referencing GHS game)

That checkmates one of JC's big strengths. Kicking game to JC, but punts and field goals won't win, when SS is scoring tds.

I will admit that talk affects the Rebel players. When they heard through the grapevine that Barner was out and that Hall was questionable they mentally lightened up. It was evidenced as soon as they hit the field. Now don't misconstrue my meaning...Greeneville busted us in the mouth and had us on the run...then Stacy stepped in. That won't happen this week. They know what can happen when you go to God's Country. And I don't recall ever a J County team laying down and dieing. South has a few leaders that won't give up until they are six feet under. I won't disrespect the 'Horns but numbers speak loud and clear. CP leads the conference in pass reception and yardage. Hello. And after Whitson slammed our secondary everybody thinks we can't defend the pass. The Rebels will take this game seriously. When one facet of our percentage O is getting slammed Stacy is like, "well we will see about that". No trick plays in this mans playbook. If he can't beat you with his bread and butter he will die trying. Granted, we have a nice selection of bread...so...pick your poison. If the D plays like they did in preseason against Jeff County...then lookout. If not, then we have a game. My only concern is the fact that they shutdown not one but all of 'Betsy's lawnboys. I've seen 'Lizzy play and the only reason they get beat in my view is mistakes. They have the RB's, the WR's the line and especially the QB. A lot of talk about QB's lately and his name is not mentioned. In my view he is right there in the mix with Gaby, Davenport and whoever else you put in that group. So the film from J County/Elizabethton should tell a major tale.

On a lighter note...I hear the "Duke" is back! Anyone confirm this?