South Rebels vs Johnson Co

Rebeltothecore

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What time is the game...On the Johnson County web site it says 7:00 but we always play at 7:30 any help from you longhorns???

All games are always at 7:30 until the playoffs. back in the 70's games started at 8:30pm until the first week in October then they went to 7:30.

I heard Moretz was practicing yesterday. Any idea what position he's practicing at and when he might see some playing time?

WR, Corner, Backup QB. Immediately.

Hey Homer.

For JC to win they will need to put up 40 points. There are just to many holes on the D. There were some to begin with but from what I heard today we will be missing 2 major players on that side of the ball. Do I think they can do it?????? Yes I do. I am big on running the ball but you know what, the heck with it. Sling the thing around. We have a good QB and some athletes on the outside to catch it. Go 5 wide as far as I am concerned and spread them out. If we need to run it let Phipps do it on the QB draws and hit some of their backers. He is a load and has proven to be durable. I dont think they will enjoy coming up to hit him often. If we go down lets go down in this one putting it in the air 20 times or more. This is a total reversal for me but if you are going to go for it, go for it big. I personally dont think that their best 6 is better than our best 6 so lets let the athletes make plays in some space. The D needs to have about 2 stops if we put the points on the board. Simply my opinion but my prediction is JC 45 SS 38. No folks not in OT but straight up in 4 quarters. I believe you got it in you boys!!!! Lets do it!!!!!

Guest longhorns51

For JC to win they will need to put up 40 points. There are just to many holes on the D. There were some to begin with but from what I heard today we will be missing 2 major players on that side of the ball. Do I think they can do it?????? Yes I do. I am big on running the ball but you know what, the heck with it. Sling the thing around. We have a good QB and some athletes on the outside to catch it. Go 5 wide as far as I am concerned and spread them out. If we need to run it let Phipps do it on the QB draws and hit some of their backers. He is a load and has proven to be durable. I dont think they will enjoy coming up to hit him often. If we go down lets go down in this one putting it in the air 20 times or more. This is a total reversal for me but if you are going to go for it, go for it big. I personally dont think that their best 6 is better than our best 6 so lets let the athletes make plays in some space. The D needs to have about 2 stops if we put the points on the board. Simply my opinion but my prediction is JC 45 SS 38. No folks not in OT but straight up in 4 quarters. I believe you got it in you boys!!!! Lets do it!!!!!

I know lundy is out but who is the other player on D thats out?

Hey Comp,

Remember I told you before the season started, that the Spin Dr, Taylor Fletcher, barring injury, would have 1300 yards this season? How's that number looking? (Make me look like a genius TF, I need the help!) Some college is going to get a steal out of this kid.

I want to also agree with you on another point, and it gives more credit to the Johnson County Longhorns. Elizabethton is a much better team than the record shows. I think the Toppers were not the better team the night they played in E-Town. Cyclones beat themselves. Saw that with my own two eyes. So since the 'Horns lost to the Cyclones, in a game the Horn fans say they should have won, I'd say the Rebels better not overlook Johnson Co tomorrow night.

Comp and all, your take on the Rebs as they have progress through the season so far???

Hey Comp,

Remember I told you before the season started, that the Spin Dr, Taylor Fletcher, barring injury, would have 1300 yards this season? How's that number looking? (Make me look like a genius TF, I need the help!) Some college is going to get a steal out of this kid.

I want to also agree with you on another point, and it gives more credit to the Johnson County Longhorns. Elizabethton is a much better team than the record shows. I think the Toppers were not the better team the night they played in E-Town. Cyclones beat themselves. Saw that with my own two eyes. So since the 'Horns lost to the Cyclones, in a game the Horn fans say they should have won, I'd say the Rebels better not overlook Johnson Co tomorrow night.

Comp and all, your take on the Rebs as they have progress through the season so far???

The season begins tomorrow in my book. Everybody is coming up to me expressing how wonderful it is that SW has seen the light. You go Mr. Lightning Shoes...I hope you light it up on the mountain. They've changed the parameters of the backside screen...I don't like what they are doing. I hope everybody is on. We need a good game. Elizabethton did outplay the 'Toppers. And J County hung with 'Betsy. 'Betsy made many mistakes in both games. J County didn't actually shut the run game down but they didn't get trampled under foot either. They are claiming they got 6 athletes to our 6? athletes. All I want is one thing...for CALEB ANDERSON TO FORGET ABOUT BASKETBALL AND PLAY LIKE I KNOW HE CAN. CALEB...I GOT YOUR BACK MAN BUT IT'S HIGH TIME YOUR NUMBER GOT CALLED. MAKE IT HAPPEN! I KNOW YOU GOT WHAT IT TAKES. FOR EVERYBODY ELSE YOU GOT TO PROVE IT. SO PROVE IT! I'm calling him out 'cause he's ready to be called out.

Congratulations to the "Duke"! BT...Ghetto say's he's missing you Dude! Rebel Nation.

Hey Comp,

I pull for betsy but i watched south friday night and was really impressed with taylor fletcher.I believe he will rush for 1600 or maybe more he is a very strong kid .