Grace Christian runs the score up on Oakdale

kingbrian3

As everyone knows, coalfield is down this year, a couple fridays ago i watched oneida play them. Now this game could have been 50 - 0 in the first half if neccessary.....but the oneida coaches showed respect to their normal cross region rival and put in the subs for part of the 2nd, part of the 3rd and the whole 4th quarter... the score was still 49-0 but it was the back ups scoring the points in the end... nobody says anything about this because the tribe showed class and character like any school should... there is no reason to defeat a team like GCA did why not let the young kids who are out practicing every day making (their upperclassmen better) spend some time on the field??? Those boys should get time instead of working their tales off just to see their older teammates destroy another team... but what do i know?

GCA picked on a weaker region 2 team and now it seems like they have a target on their back.. I wouldn't want that, but in all honesty you done the wrong thing to do... Its like a football law...you dont beat down a team that is already wounded... and many people wonder why Oakdale and many other schools have a hard time producing football players and etc..... its because these kids see this score and say "man i dont wanna be like those other boys out there and just get beat like a dog all the time"...

and you say well we took these beating 4 or 5 years ago... yeah well these other schools are not getting the chance to recruit players.. you should be good but you shouldn't lose the respect of everyone around you by beating them as badly as possible it just isnt Classy

im disappointed some ppl are even trying to take the GCA side... if my home team done this i would be furious /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm wrong but I always thought that team A's job is to stop team B and vice versa? Sometimes it doesn't happen so therefore you have a winning team. Sometimes these winnings teams win by just 1 and sometimes by 40 or more. Sometimes starters play a little and sometimes a whole lot and in this case it was starters playing the other starters until 6 minutes left in the game.

This has to be the most ridiculous thread I have ever seen and I still can't figure out why everyone is whining so much. Like I said before, were was all the talk 4-5 years ago when we were getting thumped by 40 or more? You didn't here any Grace fans on here whining, " they ran up the score", "they ran up the score"........we were just excited to actually have a team then. I never heard anyone from Grace say anything about Hampton, Cloudland, North Greene, Cosby, Coalfield, Midway, Ensworth, Mt. Juliet Christian. All of these teams have thumped us by at least 40 or more at one time and more for others. We took our licks, but now we are giving them. I'm gonna say it one more time, do we just take down the scoreboards and play upwards football, or should we line up and play and may the best team win? .............Case Closed!!!!!!

I have a question for ya on this statement. Of those teams that thumped ya 4-5 years ago by 40 or more, how many kept their starters IN all the way up to a couple of mins left in the game? Let me just go ahead and answer that one for ya........0 !!!!!!

Maybe I'm wrong but I always thought that team A's job is to stop team B and vice versa? Sometimes it doesn't happen so therefore you have a winning team. Sometimes these winnings teams win by just 1 and sometimes by 40 or more. Sometimes starters play a little and sometimes a whole lot and in this case it was starters playing the other starters until 6 minutes left in the game.

This has to be the most ridiculous thread I have ever seen and I still can't figure out why everyone is whining so much. Like I said before, were was all the talk 4-5 years ago when we were getting thumped by 40 or more? You didn't here any Grace fans on here whining, " they ran up the score", "they ran up the score"........we were just excited to actually have a team then. I never heard anyone from Grace say anything about Hampton, Cloudland, North Greene, Cosby, Coalfield, Midway, Ensworth, Mt. Juliet Christian. All of these teams have thumped us by at least 40 or more at one time and more for others. We took our licks, but now we are giving them. I'm gonna say it one more time, do we just take down the scoreboards and play upwards football, or should we line up and play and may the best team win? .............Case Closed!!!!!!

Cosby never beat you by 40 even though we could have and looking back probably should have. These schools all played their JV in the second half. You had starters scoring WAAAAAY late in the game and that is what everyone is upset about. You are right it is one teams job to stop the other but once you got someone beat you play the younguns and see if they can stop them.

Diddler you still are not getting it. The game was well in hand in the third quarter and your coaching staff chose to leave starters in till late in the fourth quarter. Amos scored with like 8 or 9 minutes to go. after Amos Hester scored with like 6 minutes to go then at around 3 minutes to go. These two young men are starters along with the other starters that were in the game and did not need to be. If it had been second and third team players in then game no big deal. That is the point that is being made here. The score is not the issue, the issue is that the starters were still in the game so now do you get it.

Believe it or not myself and the other Ram faithful do understand what you are saying. Point taken, whether i agree with you or not I see what your argument is on the score. Here is where i think you dont understand me . Several people asked for an explanation, so myself and a few others told you our thoughts on the matter, I didnt expect you to like or accept what we said just know that's all we know. Everything we have said has mostly been met by idiotic remarks about our school being a private Christian institution. Just look back on this thread we have been called greedy, not Christian, heck some of this poor mouthing on here would lead you to believe that they had to board up and close oakdale School on Monday for our actions. Our coaches have been talked about horrendously some of it downright lies that according to kingbrian came from other coaches. That is something that I would never do no matter how i felt. We think alot of our coaches just as everyone else that posts here should care about their coaches. So i have come to realize this is not necessarily about a score but just dislike of our private Christian school this subject just gave everybody an excuse to talk.

So good luck to everyone on Friday night no matter where you play.

thediddler is done diddling on this one. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Well echo99 i did not know that we were looking for grammar mistakes. I thought we were discussing how gca ran the score up on oakdale but if you need a few commas, periods, and so on i will throw you a few in every now and then. i would like to know your thoughts on the subject now if you dont mind! take just a moment and actually discuss that if you would please.

Knight21...my apologies. That was not meant to be a post to bash your grammer. It was just funny as I was reading it I know I had to stop and catch my breath. I don't bash people for grammer, I just was picturing you spilling everything at once and you just couldn't stop. I apologize if it came off I was bashing you.

About the subject... Yes, maybe it was running up the score, I don't know cuz I wasn't there and I don't live around there. I do feel this subject has carried on too far and people should be focusing on the games coming up instead of bashing coaches and schools. I understand people have their opinions of Grace, but some people go way to far and actually make a fool of themselves...at least that is how I feel about when I read some of these posts.