9\18 "Big games in Knoxville Tonight"

easttnref

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a good win for the girls, as any win always is; however Coaching and offense has not changed. Seymour should have tied us as 2-3 of the goals went right through Keepers hands. Anyone know how soon you have to move in order for Student to play next Fall at a new School?

It does not matter how soon you moves it is a matter of having a change of address with the power shut off at the old residence and then elgibilty is granted I am pretty sure

It does not matter how soon you moves it is a matter of having a change of address with the power shut off at the old residence and then elgibilty is granted I am pretty sure

I believe you have to move some distance (40 or 50+ miles maybe) in order not to have to sit out. Otherwise, you have wait 1 year from your last game.

West 1 = Karns 0

Great game by West and Karns yesterday, it seemed like a track meet with both defenses responding. Both Coaches should be proud..

I believe you have to move some distance (40 or 50+ miles maybe) in order not to have to sit out. Otherwise, you have wait 1 year from your last game.

I think a change of address is usually suffice.

Was a good win for the girls, as any win always is; however Coaching and offense has not changed. Seymour should have tied us as 2-3 of the goals went right through Keepers hands. Anyone know how soon you have to move in order for Student to play next Fall at a new School?

Is the program really that bad at Powell? If your daughter is not playing much, I hope you are not blaming the coach. You can switch schools all you want, but if you criticize the coach, your daughter probably won't play much no matter where she goes to school.

And as far as I know, if you change residences, the athlete can play immediately. If you transfer without moving, they cannot play for 12 months from the last game they participated in.

Is the program really that bad at Powell? If your daughter is not playing much, I hope you are not blaming the coach. You can switch schools all you want, but if you criticize the coach, your daughter probably won't play much no matter where she goes to school.

And as far as I know, if you change residences, the athlete can play immediately. If you transfer without moving, they cannot play for 12 months from the last game they participated in.

Interesting, However it is not a matter of how much she is playing, she rarely come out of the game. It has nothing to do with her ability or skill, it has to do with alot of things she has no control over. I am going to Honor Big's request and not go into it on the open Forum, all I was doing was asking what the Rule is on transfering.

Interesting, However it is not a matter of how much she is playing, she rarely come out of the game. It has nothing to do with her ability or skill, it has to do with alot of things she has no control over. I am going to Honor Big's request and not go into it on the open Forum, all I was doing was asking what the Rule is on transfering.

Many thanks, ws6transam...

The "change of residence" issue may be addressed differently that the "change of school" issue. In the Memphis/Shelby county private schools, unless there is a hardship and school A releases the player to school B, they must wait 365 days to play again on Varsity. They can practice and play JV. The same is true when a player goes from public school to private, so I assume it would be true in the reverse. Why would public to public be any different, unless a new school was build and the district changed. If a player could jump at anytime, I think we would see a lot more changes, recruiting, if you will.

If my daughter was a sophomore and her team won the state and graduated 11 starters and an other school was second and graduated 3 starters, I might want her to change schools, if it were just about THE soccer. After all, some parents try to take out the competition in cheer leading. Why not switch to part of the best team? It happens in club soccer.