Congrats to 2 TN Teams on making NATIONAL RANKINGS!

fargen01

That's the real problem, is it not? A parent who tries to live through their kid & claim the glory. Good point!

Hit is not.....A parent bein' proud of thair kids accomplishments must be somethin' ewe dont do in Oke Gridge.......Butt maybee eye can understand wif tha way thangs haiv ben goin' in Oke Gridge........ /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read my lips you did not go to Maryville, you have nothing to do with the program.

As a lifelong rebel, I would like to formally induct all long-time fans / parents / community members into the MHS Rebels family. Your continued support entitles you to officially be a member of this proud group. Any individual with 10 years or more of experience is eligible for induction.

Your continued support entitles you to all the rights, privileges and pride that comes with being a member.

As a lifelong rebel, I would like to formally induct all long-time fans / parents / community members into the MHS Rebels family. Your continued support entitles you to officially be a member of this proud group. Any individual with 10 years or more of experience is eligible for induction.

Your continued support entitles you to all the rights, privileges and pride that comes with being a member.

Great! Thank you , I am honored.

I bet we can break 100! As long as GQ & Mr... Brown are there.

Hit is not.....A parent bein' proud of thair kids accomplishments must be somethin' ewe dont do in Oke Gridge.......Butt maybee eye can understand wif tha way thangs haiv ben goin' in Oke Gridge........ /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Now you are slamming the kids. Wow.

Sir, I agree with the point of your post. I did not grow up here and my sons were not born here. I went to my first MHS game in 1998. The first game I ever attended was in 97 at Heritage. What a beautiful campus and place for a HS football game. But the game was just average and allot like a few other games I had gone to in Texas, Michigan and in NC during my service to the nation over several years. Then in 98 a friend asked me if I wanted to go to a Maryville game, he said the city team was 9-0 and had a game vs. a team named Halls to make sure they had home field for the play-offs. When I saw this bald head coach who seemed to be one of the most intense guys on a sideline I had ever seen, a young coach flashing hand and arm singles at the teams QB and a black coach running around firing up young players of the great game, I thought I was watching boot camp again! What a great place to watch a HS football game! The young men went about their business like no other team I had ever seen at the HS level and the crowd loved it. Maryville beat this Halls team in a close game as I remember it and from that day forward I was a Rebel fan! I had discovered the reason that my sons were born. They were destined to be Rebels! Over 10 years now I have watched my sons and the sons of many others work hard and buy into a coaching philosophy that was in a class all its own. And the end result is success!

My boys are now years removed from "THE PROGRAM" now, but I am still in the stands cheering the Rebels on, at home and away. Most nights they come with the ole' man and see some of the guys they suited up with. The passion for success with class and the quality of the support for a group of young men and their coaches is something unique. Me and my sons are better people because we had the opportunity to be apart of this community, school and football program.

It gets tiresome I will admit reading the ignorance and hate ridden posts here, ignorance on the sports radio and even in the local fish wraps who show distain for a program that has been so blessed with success it has earned. The Rebels will lose one day, if not this year maybe next, no one really knows but no one can deny The Maryville Red Rebel players, coaches, fans and supporters have been blessed with found memories that we all will be able take them to the grave. For me no one can take those memories away from me or change the true history of the accomplishments, nor make me feel ashamed for my feelings about them. Even if we lose the next 60 games you haters and idiots won??™t get to me and I??™ll still be a regular at what ever field the rebels play on. Go Reb's!

Sir,

As a graduate from Maryville High School, I believe that I am qualified to make this post by the authority of some troll who has no business on the Maryville thread except to be a hater. You have stated my sentiments very well in your previous post. As a graduate and lifetime resident of Maryville City, I am exercising my authority to grant you the liberty to post as a Maryville Faithful from this point forward. In addition, I will also grant George Quarles, Mike White, David Ellis, Jeremy Russell, Larry Walker, Jim Gaylor, Joe Robinette, Nick White and Rick Upton the right to be spokepersons for MHS, even though they did not graduate from my Alma Mater.

Maryville has a long history of excellence in education and sports. We have an incredible community that supports both during the good times and the bad. That is the reason so many quality families, like yours, move to our community (Not because of recruiting.)

Haters like the one from OR will never understand because he can't even support his own team because he has an issue with the coach.

Thanks FBE for contributing to your community! Let me say welcome to Maryville...sorry it is 10 years late.

Everyone calm down, get on your knees, face the east far across the Atlantic Ocean, and worship the god king Tavarres Jefferson as he prepares to mutilate the Big Red on Friday.

If the god king tavarres is currently far across the Atlantic Ocean he will be to jet lagged to mutilate anyone let alone the Big Red come Friday night. Just keep dreamin'.

This sounds like some sort of iffy sanctuary issue. I'm not sure it's legal, and I question whether these supporters are properly credentialled.

This sounds like some sort of iffy sanctuary issue. I'm not sure it's legal, and I question whether these supporters are properly credentialled.

No we are certified, I will bet we will get 100 wins, bring on 5 A, Who do they have?

What are you going to do when "Space Mountain" comes to town?

Snap up your chin straps gentelmen it is on!

No we are certified, I will bet we will get 100 wins, bring on 5 A, Who do they have?

What are you going to do when "Space Mountain" comes to town?

Snap up your chin straps gentelmen it is on!

...and I'm certifiable. If Space Mountain comes to town, I'll probably ride, I like roller-coasters.

Now, as to 100 games...thats a tall order, though probably not impossible. Still, some of the objective Maryville supporters think next year may be a bit rough. I don't know if that's in anticipation of some differences in the schedule, or if there's some thinking that maybe you have a weaker class coming up (say one that only wins 8 games in the regular season).

Still, it'd be fun to see a 100 game winning treak. Good luck with it.

...and I'm certifiable. If Space Mountain comes to town, I'll probably ride, I like roller-coasters.

Now, as to 100 games...thats a tall order, though probably not impossible. Still, some of the objective Maryville supporters think next year may be a bit rough. I don't know if that's in anticipation of some differences in the schedule, or if there's some thinking that maybe you have a weaker class coming up (say one that only wins 8 games in the regular season).

Still, it'd be fun to see a 100 game winning treak. Good luck with it.

KWoodroof....

Please don't associate Bldstalker with Maryville. He is a Maryville hater and a sad,lonely man without a team of his own. He used to cheer for the Atomic City but since there is nothing to cheer for in Oak Ridge, he is looking for a new team.

Most of the true Maryville fans are not looking beyond this Friday night. The streak is a fun thing, but it is not what the program is centered around.