FridayMainEvent

Winner?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All teams are, in the beginning polls, based on previous years efforts that's why they are polls and don't mean a thing in High school ball except to put a big ole bulls eye on your back. The end of the year and the last team standing is the only thing that matters. Jo Byrns earned their reputation on the field. All good teams lose players every year we have heard all the talk about how we are no good that our talent is down(bull). All we heard was Colton Morris graduated you won't be good this year we backed him up with Orlando now LK (not even going to try and spell his name) then it was Clay Head is gone you don't have a quarterback we backed him up with Shane Spann then Scott Atkins. We heard the same think about Chris Tuck, Aaron Yates, Parker Holman and Kurt Reeves. They all had very talented players waiting behind them learning what they had to teach.

Now that the rant is over I was impressed with the game film that I watched on Forrest very good football team that never gives up on the ball. I am looking forward to meeting everyone. LTR and MoB where will you be before the game.

I have never heard a teams fans get so riled up about someone from an opposing team giving praise about them. The whole basis of my point was that Jo Byrns is a traditionally strong team...so if the Rockets can forget about tradition and rankings, we have just as good of a shot at beating Jo Byrns as they have at beating us. Say what you will about history, spin it however you would like to, but losing Shane Spann and Orlando was a blow. I somehow believe they would have been able to put more than 16 points on the board vs. MTCS. And you can say what you will about how vastly improved MTCS is this year but if you are talking about as dominating of a team as you had last year with all your tradition, I dont give a hoot who is coaching there, he is not playing. He is coaching. He doesnt have 1500 students at MTCS to pick from like Smyrna. Try about 100. You also know that Carlton Flatt is helping coach Eagleville right? Whats their record this year?

I have never heard a teams fans get so riled up about someone from an opposing team giving praise about them. The whole basis of my point was that Jo Byrns is a traditionally strong team...so if the Rockets can forget about tradition and rankings, we have just as good of a shot at beating Jo Byrns as they have at beating us. Say what you will about history, spin it however you would like to, but losing Shane Spann and Orlando was a blow. I somehow believe they would have been able to put more than 16 points on the board vs. MTCS. And you can say what you will about how vastly improved MTCS is this year but if you are talking about as dominating of a team as you had last year with all your tradition, I dont give a hoot who is coaching there, he is not playing. He is coaching. He doesnt have 1500 students at MTCS to pick from like Smyrna. Try about 100. You also know that Carlton Flatt is helping coach Eagleville right? Whats their record this year?

I think that my point is that those people from our previous teams that you are praising as being really good(and they were no doubt about it.)replaced supposedly irreplaceable players also and there is no reason to believe that it hasn't happened again just because we only beat MTCS by a touchdown. They may have some of the same players from the year before but they have been watching film, have gotten a lot more disciplined and have been eating their wheaties. You also can't compare scores Cascade beat nearly every team that we played last year worse than we did the week before and still got beat by us by 30+ points. We had a defeat to WHH last year and another close game I can't remember. Just because MTCS gave us a game doesn't mean we have diminished talent wise. It's being kind of disrepectful to MTCS. You will soon see what I'm talking about when you see them. They are really good.

Also I have no doubt that Forrest has the talent and weapons to defeat Jo Byrns especially if Jo Byrns makes mistakes. Forrest has a special teams to be proud of for sure from watching the film we had on them. I think that this game will be close just like last week maybe 22-16.

Lets see if I can't stir the pot a little here...... The Rockets are going to burn the Devils to night. But the Devils are holding the fire. With the said this one should burn down a barn or two some where............... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The pot has been stirred!

Seems like a whole lotta folks are not so much wanting The Rockets to win, but want to see The Devils go down...much like I liked seeing USC go down to an unranked team .Other than a winning tradition, not to the extent of SC (or TC, SP, etc.), that's where the similarity ends between SC and JB. JB has been made out to be media darlings...like SC , said to have Mr. Fair wrapped around their little finger ...like SC has the poll voters wrapped around theirs, JB is waaaayyyy over ranked, lost all the "good" players, they're has beens, won't this, can't that just practically All in just the past week!

I'm looking forward to seeing The Devils prove the naysayers wrong.

The pot has been stirred!

Seems like a whole lotta folks are not so much wanting The Rockets to win, but want to see The Devils go down...much like I liked seeing USC go down to an unranked team .Other than a winning tradition, not to the extent of SC (or TC, SP, etc.), that's where the similarity ends between SC and JB. JB has been made out to be media darlings...like SC , said to have Mr. Fair wrapped around their little finger ...like SC has the poll voters wrapped around theirs, JB is waaaayyyy over ranked, lost all the "good" players, they're has beens, won't this, can't that just practically All in just the past week!

I'm looking forward to seeing The Devils prove the naysayers wrong.

We cant be Fairs darlings he doesn't even have us in his top five does he? We will prove the naysayers wrong. Go Devils.

Now Mac lets not talk about burning down any barns. This day is dragging so slow I'm about to die. I don't think that four oclock can get here fast enough. LTR I am coming to the game and the little ones are coming with us. So you get to meet my little angels as well. Their cute but their Halos are held up by their little horns just like their momma.

Looking forward to it!! Sounds like the halos in my family!

I've been gone for awhile and am way out of the loop, but when did you stop covering football for the Tribune?

I got "fired" when the paper changed hands a few years ago (didn't know you could get fired from a voluntary job). No thanks for all your hardwork, dedication, kiss my foot. Oh well. I did it for you guys, anyway, not for them. Makes my life easier, not to mention the wallet (saving gas, money for pics, etc.).