Jo Byrns vs. Forrest

FridayMainEvent

Winner?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

The pot has been stirred!

Seems like a whole lotta folks are not so much wanting The Rockets to win, but want to see The Devils go down...much like I liked seeing USC go down to an unranked team .Other than a winning tradition, not to the extent of SC (or TC, SP, etc.), that's where the similarity ends between SC and JB. JB has been made out to be media darlings...like SC , said to have Mr. Fair wrapped around their little finger ...like SC has the poll voters wrapped around theirs, JB is waaaayyyy over ranked, lost all the "good" players, they're has beens, won't this, can't that just practically All in just the past week!

I'm looking forward to seeing The Devils prove the naysayers wrong.

thats what im screamin devils practice hard and play harder!! we WILL dominate this dont worry its just goin to take some effort and our heads need to be in the game and i think they are with LK makin our touchdowns and Malcom with all his sacs easy game no doubt GO DEVILS!!!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that my point is that those people from our previous teams that you are praising as being really good(and they were no doubt about it.)replaced supposedly irreplaceable players also and there is no reason to believe that it hasn't happened again just because we only beat MTCS by a touchdown. They may have some of the same players from the year before but they have been watching film, have gotten a lot more disciplined and have been eating their wheaties. You also can't compare scores Cascade beat nearly every team that we played last year worse than we did the week before and still got beat by us by 30+ points. We had a defeat to WHH last year and another close game I can't remember. Just because MTCS gave us a game doesn't mean we have diminished talent wise. It's being kind of disrepectful to MTCS. You will soon see what I'm talking about when you see them. They are really good.

Also I have no doubt that Forrest has the talent and weapons to defeat Jo Byrns especially if Jo Byrns makes mistakes. Forrest has a special teams to be proud of for sure from watching the film we had on them. I think that this game will be close just like last week maybe 22-16.

I really do not think I am being "disrespectful" to MTCS by saying Jo Byrns has diminished in talent by making the assumption that A. MTCS got a ton of division 1 recruits to catch up with one of the "top" teams in the state in just their 4th season of football or B. Jo Byrns doesnt have as much talent as last year. I don't think that is being disrespectful at all, just logical. I mean after all you beat them 49-13 last year and 16-8 this year.

As I sit in this bus seat nest to a fellow defensive lineman going to forrset I'm thinkin about how physical and how on top of our game we r goin to have to play....I look around th bus and see my team some goofin around(2s and 3s) then I see my starters listenin ton their ipods gettin focused...forrest has improved...the way I see it everybody in region 5 is a good team this year that's y we don't underestimate anybody...but one of our coachs printed off a thread off of here talkin ab how we lost our studs and how we r overrated...granted we lost some key players but we are more of a TEAM this year than ever before and that's more imprtanat to me than havin acouple superstars...and as far as our rank the players of jbhs pay no attention to the rank we could careless we take it week by week and play by play. Forrest better b on their a game tonight to bc we r comin minds right and hearts determined to win...best of luck to forrest and ill see yall on the field!

Congrats to JB on the win. Rockets, I'm SO proud of you!! You fought hard and never gave up. Great game!! My heart is still pounding. Good luck to Jo Byrns the rest of the season. It was great to meet you Red Devils!! I should have warned you I'd be the "fluffy" blonde in the power chair!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Glad you guys made the trip to "The Rock".

First of all I want to say congrats to Forrest. They played a good game and have a good team. Beautiful facility. Now I want to say that although Jo Byrns has lost all of its studs we aren't ready to throw in the towel. We still can play some football and we still know how to win!

I really hate that you guys took all that wrong. Nobody meant that you were ready to throw in the towel, just like we wern't last night despite being down 22-7 at the half. No excuses, you out played us. We came back strong and stopped you guys in the final two quarters. I believe the way we both played last night, each team has a lot of respect for the other, at least they should. I saw a lot of heart on that field last night, from both sides. Too bad there has to be a winner and a loser every Friday night. Two "winning" teams met last night in Chapel Hill. My prediction of a "Heartache Tonight" stayed here last night. My heart was aching as much as anybody's. Even though mine have graduated, Rocket Football still gives a thrill. Hope ya'll had a safe trip home. Congratulations again. Go Rockets!

I really hate that you guys took all that wrong. Nobody meant that you were ready to throw in the towel, just like we wern't last night despite being down 22-7 at the half. No excuses, you out played us. We came back strong and stopped you guys in the final two quarters. I believe the way we both played last night, each team has a lot of respect for the other, at least they should. I saw a lot of heart on that field last night, from both sides. Too bad there has to be a winner and a loser every Friday night. Two "winning" teams met last night in Chapel Hill. My prediction of a "Heartache Tonight" stayed here last night. My heart was aching as much as anybody's. Even though mine have graduated, Rocket Football still gives a thrill. Hope ya'll had a safe trip home. Congratulations again. Go Rockets!

Spoken Like A True Fan. Tough Loss. Football Is A Mysterious Sport. It Draws Fans Like No Other Sport. And Alot Of People Have Had Thier Children Graduate To Other Things, But Still Remain Vigilante In Thier Support. It Is Sometimes Looked At As A Epic Battle, A Rite To Manhood So As To Speak. My Son Has Graduate And Now Is In College. He Is Not The Youngun He Was. But We Can Always Enjoy Games Together. And Some Of Our Most Enjoyable Moments Are Watching Our Rebels, The World Series Winning Cubs, And My Beloved Cowboys. Good Luck to Both Teams.

Go Rockets

Spoken Like A True Fan. Tough Loss. Football Is A Mysterious Sport. It Draws Fans Like No Other Sport. And Alot Of People Have Had Thier Children Graduate To Other Things, But Still Remain Vigilante In Thier Support. It Is Sometimes Looked At As A Epic Battle, A Rite To Manhood So As To Speak. My Son Has Graduate And Now Is In College. He Is Not The Youngun He Was. But We Can Always Enjoy Games Together. And Some Of Our Most Enjoyable Moments Are Watching Our Rebels, The World Series Winning Cubs, And My Beloved Cowboys. Good Luck to Both Teams.

Thanks guys. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />