Franklin Rebels vs. Brentwood Bruins

huskergymnast33

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly can say that I never thought I would say the following statement; I agree with CHS2007, I never thought I would agree with Centennial propaganda in my entire life. But I do concur with CHS2007's previous statement of, "Regardless of who wins, it will not be an upset". On the other hand, I am hearing a lot of opinions giving the game to Franklin by at least two touchdowns. I find this input to be dis-respectful, and highly-mis-informed.

1) Brentwood was a pre-season favorite

2) Brentwood has one of the best junior/senior classes in the region

3) Brentwood is home to one of the best Line-backing corps in the region

4) Brentwood is typically a very disciplined/ well-coached team

Those are the facts

So please explain the two touchdown deficit

(5-0) Franklin hosts the (4-1 [currently]) Brentwood Bruins in two weeks. It is two of the best teams in the state, it is two teams with a history, and two teams that are consistent competitors (year-after-year)

It is #1 vs #2 on Friday night at Howard Gamble Stadium, can you possibly ask for more?

No offense, but I don't think this game pits #1 vs. #2. While it is true that an FHS is ranked #1 right now, that FHS happens to be FARRAGUT High School not Franklin !!! At least in the statewide sportswriter AP poll. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

This should be a really good game though between two excellent teams and rivals.

No offense, but I don't think this game pits #1 vs. #2. While it is true that an FHS is ranked #1 right now, that FHS happens to be FARRAGUT High School not Franklin !!! At least in the statewide sportswriter AP poll. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

This should be a really good game though between two excellent teams and rivals.

Were talkin about 1 and 2 in the region get over yourself Franklin can take yall any day and should be ranked number one

Were talkin about 1 and 2 in the region get over yourself Franklin can take yall any day and should be ranked number one

My original comment was partially a tongue-in-cheek pun due to the fact that both schools are FHS, and it was not meant to be taken quite as seriously as you apparently took it. Instead of me, I think it is you that needs to get over yourself. As for whether or not Franklin or Farragut is better, well that remains to be seen Mr. Arrogant. Farragut has a very fine well balanced team this year and has been rather dominant thus far. They will be quite a handful for anybody they play. We'll see how things go and hopefully both FHS schools will get a chance to meet in Murfreesboro.

Let me clear this whole "Farragut" vs "Franklin" thing up for all of you. The Farragut Admirals, Dobyns-Bennet, Ootlewah, get way more respect than they should be credited. Every year these teams get "top 10" during the regular season. But by the time, the play-offs roll around, you never get a chance to see any of these teams play in Murfreesburo. Face it, Regions 1&2 are like the pac-10 of TN high school football. The second those "over-rated" teams run into, Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Independence, Hunters Lane, Riverdale, Siegal, Oakland, Smyrna the result is simple they lose. When was the last time any Region 1 or 2 team made a bid for the State Title, because as far as I can tell the State Championships have been dominated by the Mid-state teams, because it is a different quality of football down here (Regions 4,5,6)

Let me clear this whole "Farragut" vs "Franklin" thing up for all of you. The Farragut Admirals, Dobyns-Bennet, Ootlewah, get way more respect than they should be credited. Every year these teams get "top 10" during the regular season. But by the time, the play-offs roll around, you never get a chance to see any of these teams play in Murfreesburo. Face it, Regions 1&2 are like the pac-10 of TN high school football. The second those "over-rated" teams run into, Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood, Independence, Hunters Lane, Riverdale, Siegal, Oakland, Smyrna the result is simple they lose. When was the last time any Region 1 or 2 team made a bid for the State Title, because as far as I can tell the State Championships have been dominated by the Mid-state teams, because it is a different quality of football down here (Regions 4,5,6)

Not so sure about region 5? They haven't put someone in the state title game in a very long time. Regions 4 and 6 have dominated the state championship games the last 6 to 7 years.

well put and the same goes for memphis

I honestly can say that I never thought I would say the following statement; I agree with CHS2007, I never thought I would agree with Centennial propaganda in my entire life. But I do concur with CHS2007's previous statement of, "Regardless of who wins, it will not be an upset". On the other hand, I am hearing a lot of opinions giving the game to Franklin by at least two touchdowns. I find this input to be dis-respectful, and highly-mis-informed.

1) Brentwood was a pre-season favorite

2) Brentwood has one of the best junior/senior classes in the region

3) Brentwood is home to one of the best Line-backing corps in the region

4) Brentwood is typically a very disciplined/ well-coached team

Those are the facts

So please explain the two touchdown deficit

The only thing that is a fact is your #1. Other then that #2,3,and 4 are all your own personal opinion, and they could easily be proven wrong.

The very thought of Franklin beating Brentwood by 14 is a "wishful" thinking at best. BHS's Defense is stellar against the run, and was even able to handle the potent speed of a team like Centennial on the outside. I almost feel like the one loss against Ravenwood has qualifies the bruins as a second-rate team (tell that to Brentwood Academy... and nearly MBA) I would like to remind everyone that Brentwood is one of the best teams in the region and arguably in the mid-state. Brentwood was classified as the region-6(5A) front-runner. So if anyone is counting BHS out of the game before they have even arrived at the stadium...is out of their mind.

Brentwood is one of the most-well-balanced teams putting shoulder pads on when Friday night arrives. Coach Crawford will have his soldiers ready to march to war when the lights come on at Howard Gamble Stadium. Brentwood had their world rocked against Ravenwood, but the wake-up call was one of the best things that could have happened to BHS. The bruins bounced back against a superb Seigal team. The Franklin arrogance is nauseating, and Brentwood would be more than happy to "rock-Franklin's-world", and they will be ready to do just that...come Friday!

Franklin is about to receive one heckuva wake-up call