Gallatin (4-0) @ Smyrna (2-3)

Gtowner

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a very interesting match-up. Both teams run eerily similar offenses, with the exception of Smyrna throwing a bit more. Kudos to Lassiter for letting Cody air it out a few more times against Glencliff(even though they weren't necessary). I think it will help in the long run. We have 4 wr's over 6'2", and we should make db's fear them. Overall, we look great lately. Smyrna.... Ahh smyrna. Big lines on both sides, but I have a feeling-based on the blocking by Gallatin so far- that running the ball on the bulldogs shouldn't be a problem. Gallatin wins this one 27-16

Huge lines is right. Looking at Fair's book they have Eady at 6-2 295, Woods 6-2 270, Cadeena 6-0 235, Smith 6-2 235, Richardson, 6-3 215, and Carter 6-3 300. Not sure who is starting but they are huge none the less. Their defense is definitely their strength but when you have a Blue Cross Bowl MVP in the backfield, it could be a long night if Bryson gets loose. Not too mention Hicks is getting some quality playing time as well. Gallatin is gonna have to play some good ball to come out with a win.

What! It is Smyrna's homecoming.....hummm more disrespect.

Gotta go with Gallatin in this one, but they can NOT take it for a gimme game. There is NOT the same air attack at Smyrna anymore, but they do have more than one capable RB so don't take it as an easy game if Bryson does not play.

I know Gallatins coaching staff and players are going to work their tails off this week. Smyrna's a good team that has lost to some good teams. Gallatin will be ready !!

Huge lines is right. Looking at Fair's book they have Eady at 6-2 295, Woods 6-2 270, Cadeena 6-0 235, Smith 6-2 235, Richardson, 6-3 215, and Carter 6-3 300. Not sure who is starting but they are huge none the less. Their defense is definitely their strength but when you have a Blue Cross Bowl MVP in the backfield, it could be a long night if Bryson gets loose. Not too mention Hicks is getting some quality playing time as well. Gallatin is gonna have to play some good ball to come out with a win.

What! It is Smyrna's homecoming.....hummm more disrespect.

I like it GWAVE1, You play that "No Respect Card" like Lou Holtz . I can asure you Smyrna will respect the 4-0 Green Wave. If you played them early in the year, I may have told you different. They thought they were the USC of HS football and could not be beat. They have now be Humbled a few times and should respect the 4-0 Green Wave.

Smyrna O line is big but the D line is tall and fast and Flies to the football.

Eady at 6-2 295: is a stud that will play on Both sides of the ball. Has offers to play at all the Service Academes

Woods 6-2 270: is the Nose/DT Very Strong and quick off the ball.....he will play mostly, D. Maybe a little OG.

Richardson, 6-3 215: Fast Fast Fast DE......playmaker on both sides of the ball

I will give you a few Numers to watch on the D's side of the ball for Smyrna.

#4 Will play DE and or OL

#65 OT/DT

#59 NG/DT

#15 DE/TE

#45 LB Sophmore

#31 LB...............He is small but has a nose for the ball.

I can asure you that if you watch a Smyrna game, the above players will make you say "WOW" at least once in the game. The Smyrna D is very athletic but they are susceptible to a big play or 5!!!! They seem to be geting better week to week with giving up the big play and making badly timed, dumb mistakes/penalties but who knows.

Please, Don't read much into what our "Band Fan" writes, most realistic Smyrna Fans do respect the Green Wave and the Players know they will have to battle to win this one.

Your Right, Smyrna has talent but most of it is young and they have played like it.

i've played against both teams and gallitan is way better

my prediction is Gallitan- 31 Smyrna- 7

I respect your opinion but Smyrna is not the same team they were in week 1 or 2 or 3.

I'm not sure what team you play for but Lebanon the only team to played them both in the regular season. You should not judge a team by commen opponents. Different teams match up differently with other teams.

24 point loss? WOW!! That sounds like a bit much in this one. I could be wrong.

I'm sorry to say that I will be out of town and not be able to go this this great match up. IF anyone who is going to the game would be willing to send me tex messages at the end of each quarter, let me know. It can be a Green Wave fan as well

Just send me a privet message and I'll give you my number to send the tex's to.

thanks,

Bulldog86

What the crap? People can come on this board and say that Gallatin is going to hang 31 on Smyrna and destroy them, but my comments are crazy? Bulldog 86 you don't have a clue who I am and what I know. I know as much or more about football than you think. Again, the band part has nothing to do with the marching band. As to not respecting Gallatin, I hope Bulldog 86 didn't go to smyrna, because they obviously cannot read. I simply stated that Gallatin likes to run the ball and Smyrna has a greatly improving defense especially against the run. Since both teams are so run oriented, NOBODY will score a lot of points. But I guess just because I have the word "band" in my username that I don't know what I am talking about. What a joke some of you are.

Bulldog86, I appreciate your posts on the Gallatin/McKenley thread. Lots of good info. I also like playing the region 4 teams cause there is usually a good discussion on this board. I have seen several Gallatin/Smyrna games and the "big play" usually comes into effect. Let me recap the last couple and then two more notable ones.

2007- Sonny Gray was 18 of 25 for 228yards with Wilkes catching 11 for 159 and three touchdowns. Some of those receptions were phenominal. Smyrna never let up after the 1st quarter. Even Bryson broke the 100 yard barrier. Smyrna 45 Gallatin 14

2004- Charles Orona had 18 carries for 167 yards and Marsalous Johnson(from Gallatin originally) had 22 carries for 150 yards. Defensive adjustments by Smyrna sealed the win for the Bulldogs and gave Gallatin their first loss of the season. Smyrna 24 Gallatin 19

2003-This was an awesome game. Over 850 yards of combined offense. Gallatin's Jamison Link had 20 carries for 224 yards. After a Smyrna punt nailed Gallatin back on the 3 yard line, Link took a quarterback sneak 97 yards to paydirt out running Charles Orona. Smyrna trailing 38-21 in the 4th came back behind David Wolke's arm to get the score to 38-35 with 2 mins remaining. Smyrna executes an onside kick and completes a 49 yard pass to set up a first and goal at the 1. Then the Smyrna runningback gets a vicious hit and fumbles with Gallatin recovering the ball for the win. Gallatin 38 Smyrna 35

2002- Gallatin scored 21 points in the 4th to get the 21-14 win. Highlighted by an 82 yard run by Jamison Link and a Chance Johnson 80 yard run from the QB spot. Smyrna fumbled 2 times in the final quarter that Gallatin took advantage of.

2001- Sophmore sensation David Wolke got picked off 4 times. 3 by Aaron Kenyon the Gallatin cornerback. Smyrna still had a chance to win the ballgame before a late pass was knocked down by a Gallatin reserve playing due to an injury to a starter. Gallatin 16 Smyrna 10

1987- Gallatin was ranked 2nd in the state at 5-0 and Smyrna was 3-2. Gallatin sporting a huge backfield nicknamed the "Fright Night Backfield" consisting of Corey Lewis 190, Rodney Mitchell 230, Chuck Gibson 225 and Sammy Malone 265. Gallatin fumbled twice inside the 3 and O J Smith led the Bulldogs on a 4th quarter drive to win the ballgame 17-14. Ironically Smyrna beat Brentwood Aca earlier in the year and finished the season 4-6 and out of the playoffs. Gallatin went on to play in the State Championship as did BA.

1978- With Gallatin leading 19-0 in the 4th quarter and pinned deep in their territory. Gallatin fumbled the ball only to be picked out of midair by Smyrna's Vic Gilley and ran 95 yards the wrong way to Gallatin's endzone. It is said that both teams were blocking for him. Once in the endzone he was hit by Denver Howell from Gallatin and fumbled the ball. Gallatin recovered the ball for a touchdown. Gallatin went on to win that game 25-0 and the their first State Title that year.

What does that mean for this game...not much but it is safe to say big plays do dominate this series. Too bad you won't be around to see this one.

What the crap? People can come on this board and say that Gallatin is going to hang 31 on Smyrna and destroy them, but my comments are crazy? Bulldog 86 you don't have a clue who I am and what I know. I know as much or more about football than you think. Again, the band part has nothing to do with the marching band. As to not respecting Gallatin, I hope Bulldog 86 didn't go to smyrna, because they obviously cannot read. I simply stated that Gallatin likes to run the ball and Smyrna has a greatly improving defense especially against the run. Since both teams are so run oriented, NOBODY will score a lot of points. But I guess just because I have the word "band" in my username that I don't know what I am talking about. What a joke some of you are.

Your right I don't know who you are and what you know. You may know more about football then I think because I think you know very little. I'm just going off some of the crap you write. They are immature, shoot from the hip, silly comments and you seem to have proven my point with your take on my respect for this comment. I respected the fact that he played both teams, not the fact that he feels they will put up 31 on Smyrna. If you read the entire comment, I said I feel a 24 point win is a bit much.

Quote from the Band Dawg "I hope Bulldog 86 didn't go to smyrna, because they obviously cannot read."

Now, I'm not realy sure what you mean here but if I can crack thru your elite intellect, I would assume that your trying to say the HS I went to did not provide a solid education for me and I have a hard time reading. I guess I should return those scholarships to St. Ignatius HS in Cleveland Ohio, and the University of Michigan, being as I went thru 8 year of their curriculum and still can't read.

Well it will most likley have been a mistake to have responded to you as it will for sure result in another thread. So lets agree on somthing here, you ingnore my threads and I'll ingnore your threads because we seem to have a hard time understanding one another.

I wish you well Band Dawg /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hey GWAVE1 I'm glad you found my posts about Canton Mckinley helpfull and I wish yall luck when you go up there in the future. Is it part of the Herbie classic or just a scheduled out of state game?

I have only been to 2 of the games you wrote about in your post. 04 and 07. Those other games seem to have been battles except for the 78 game. From what I've heard for some of the Smyrna folks, this is and old time 4A rival game and it should be another battle.

I will have you know GWAVE1 that when I first came down here in 98, I was living in Antioch and I ask some guys form work where to go to watch some good football? All people were telling me was that I needed to go see the Green Wave play in Gallitan. They told me that you all were not as good as you were in the past but you could not beat the passion for HS football Gallitan has. I did and I was impressed. You all got the win over Hendersonville that night.

Thanks for the back round and enjoy the game.

P.S. Thanks for rubbing it in that I won't be their my friend. Way to step on a guy when he's down.

Ill be thinking of the boys and hoping they play hard.

I hope the fans and their team take that into this Friday nights game! Should be a fun one to watch!

Go Wave!

THE OLD SAYING OFFENSE SELLS TICKETS BUT DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS...SMYRNA HAS A GREAT DEFFENSE AND WHEN CODY MATHEWS (GALLATIN QB) MAKES THE RIGHT READS GALLATIN HAS A VERY GOOD OFFENSE....GALLATINS DEFENSE IS SMALL BUT IS QUICK AND PLAYS WITH A LOT OF HEART BUT I FEEL SMYRNA WILL WEAR THEM DOWN IN THE 4TH QUARTER....ASLO THINK 1 TURNOVER CAN MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE IN THIS GAME ...TOO CLOSE TO CALL BUT WILL BE A GREAT GAME... ALSO HATE I WILL MISS THIS GAME ...GO GREEN WAVE BRING A WIN BACK TO GALLATIN FRIDAY NIGHT....