Science Hill @ Tennessee High

THSVikings2004

The Vikings have been less than impressive the past few weeks managing to play down to their competition. The Vikes should be pumped for this matchup against the Hilltoppers.

Although a Science Hill victory isn't as important as a conference victory, I feel a win for them this week is crucial considering last year's loss was what arguably set the tone for their dismal season.

Hilltoppers by a touchdown

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Vikings have been less than impressive the past few weeks managing to play down to their competition. The Vikes should be pumped for this matchup against the Hilltoppers.

Although a Science Hill victory isn't as important as a conference victory, I feel a win for them this week is crucial considering last year's loss was what arguably set the tone for their dismal season.

Hilltoppers by a touchdown

THSVikings2004, I look forward to posting with you and who is it Cap?? among others this week, and I am excited about this game. I love coming to the Castle, even though we haven't fared so well in recent years. As your topic points out, this is indeed a game of redemption for the Toppers. Last season, a few 4th down turnovers that should have been SH field goals, combined with 30 yards in penalties against SH on the last drive, set up Mason Canty to Thomas Turnbull for 39 yds, a TD, broken hearts across Johnson City, and a season ending skid that is surely mathematically impossible to repeat. No one loses like SH did last season in the 2nd half of the year. SH is out to get everyone's minds off of the hail mary miracle TD from TN High, and back to the fact that SH, despite an anemic offense last season, and some terrible play calling, stood toe to toe with TN High for 47:30 last season.

This junior dominated SH team is totally different from last season's team. Speed and outside plays are still the basis, but this season, SH has the players to make it work. Isaac Kinley, Wes Forbush, Armando Canepa, Ryan Mitchell, Corey Macpherson, and Daniel Norris will carry the offense. Much of the same on defense, with Kinley, Forbush, and Norris the Topper's starting secondary. These guys are as solid a secondary as most in the region. Senior leadership is key in the linebacking core with Zach Jordan, Jeff Green, Caleb Mancuso, and Obie Patton being key players in the rotation. Will Rentel will anchor the defensive line, and Jordan Alexander has been coming into his own as a backup defensive end.

The question: will the SH defense, a bit mediocre against the run, be able to slow Keenan Shepard, Taylor Harmon, Mason Canty, and the TN High offense? Also, will the Topper offense be able to move the ball against a Viking defense that is speedy and athletic every year?

TN High's defense, and the Viking home crowd, will keep the Topper offense in check, but several big plays from Isaac Kinley and Wes Forbush, combined with some good special teams play by Corey Macpherson and Ryan Mitchell could be the difference in field position and a few crucial points. I like Brandon MacAuley to settle this low scoring affair with a FG close to the end of the 3rd Qtr.

Science Hill: 17

TN High: 13

Picks: 3-1. 3 in a row. Hopefully more of the same this coming Friday in Bristol. Good luck to all.

THSVikings2004, I look forward to posting with you and who is it Cap?? among others this week, and I am excited about this game. I love coming to the Castle, even though we haven't fared so well in recent years. As your topic points out, this is indeed a game of redemption for the Toppers. Last season, a few 4th down turnovers that should have been SH field goals, combined with 30 yards in penalties against SH on the last drive, set up Mason Canty to Thomas Turnbull for 39 yds, a TD, broken hearts across Johnson City, and a season ending skid that is surely mathematically impossible to repeat. No one loses like SH did last season in the 2nd half of the year. SH is out to get everyone's minds off of the hail mary miracle TD from TN High, and back to the fact that SH, despite an anemic offense last season, and some terrible play calling, stood toe to toe with TN High for 47:30 last season.

This junior dominated SH team is totally different from last season's team. Speed and outside plays are still the basis, but this season, SH has the players to make it work. Isaac Kinley, Wes Forbush, Armando Canepa, Ryan Mitchell, Corey Macpherson, and Daniel Norris will carry the offense. Much of the same on defense, with Kinley, Forbush, and Norris the Topper's starting secondary. These guys are as solid a secondary as most in the region. Senior leadership is key in the linebacking core with Zach Jordan, Jeff Green, Caleb Mancuso, and Obie Patton being key players in the rotation. Will Rentel will anchor the defensive line, and Jordan Alexander has been coming into his own as a backup defensive end.

The question: will the SH defense, a bit mediocre against the run, be able to slow Keenan Shepard, Taylor Harmon, Mason Canty, and the TN High offense? Also, will the Topper offense be able to move the ball against a Viking defense that is speedy and athletic every year?

TN High's defense, and the Viking home crowd, will keep the Topper offense in check, but several big plays from Isaac Kinley and Wes Forbush, combined with some good special teams play by Corey Macpherson and Ryan Mitchell could be the difference in field position and a few crucial points. I like Brandon MacAuley to settle this low scoring affair with a FG close to the end of the 3rd Qtr.

Science Hill: 17

TN High: 13

Picks: 3-1. 3 in a row. Hopefully more of the same this coming Friday in Bristol. Good luck to all.

I saw the Toppers when they played South. Ryan Mitchell was very impressive, as well as Kinley. Last year the game was played in Viking territory all night long. If a similar scenario happens Friday the Hilltoppers should be able to capitalize. I'll go expecting a loss, but hoping for a win.

I saw the Toppers when they played South. Ryan Mitchell was very impressive, as well as Kinley. Last year the game was played in Viking territory all night long. If a similar scenario happens Friday the Hilltoppers should be able to capitalize. I'll go expecting a loss, but hoping for a win.

I never go in expecting to lose, even after being a senior on last year's 3-7 team that lost 6 straight. I think that the Toppers could take this one, but I think it will be close. In recent years, it's played close, or one team blows out the other. I see much of the same, with TN High playing closer than expected, and Coach Smith will capitalize on some good field position and put Brandon MacAuley on for a FG. If the defense doesn't pick it up though, Shepard could have a career night. TH High is as good a 4A on the schedule, and is up there with South, DB, and Bearden on the list of elite opponents that play very well against the Toppers year in and year out. I didn't count out DB last season after a slow start, simply because tradition will not allow the Indians to field a bad football team. I believe the same with TH High, so SH better capitalize before TN High starts clicking on all cylinders and playing at a level that could cause a lot of teams in this area some trouble.

Did the Vikims lose a lot of O and D linemen or something , they just don't seem to have it this year...?

Did the Vikims lose a lot of O and D linemen or something , they just don't seem to have it this year...?

Yea. Pretty thin in the line on both sides of the ball...Im going in hoping for the best but expecting the worst if we don,t come out with more intensity than the last 3 games this one could get ugly /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I just for the life of me can,t figure out how you can strap on the pads on a friday night and NOT be pumped...the talent is there , but we are our own worst enemy..I just don,t know..Frustrating to watch..I can only imagine how Stubbs must feel /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

TN High is a traditional 4a power, however this year are down big time. From what I have seen so far, THS will be LUCKY to go 6-4. Hopefully they will come on for the first time vs. the toppers.

Yes.. hopefully they will get it togather..I remember last year it was about this time they got it togather and finished strong...but right now just to many mental mistakes.