Ensworth vs. McCallie

Ensworth11

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i do think ensworth is struggling on depth so that means a bunch more are probably playing both ways...

ensworth cant overlook mccallie to mba but im hoping that wont be a problem for them....

McCallie has proven to be very tough. much better than their record.

im waiting for this strong matchup

This is not the same tough McCallie team that was under Potter's command. Their new coach will do fine in time but they look like they are in rebuilding and adjustment mode to me. I know several starters who would not be starting for other schools. Don't over look them, but don't fear them either. I do not know anything about Ensworth, but I will pull for my hometown boys.

Prediction: McCallie squeaks by on special teams.

This is not the same tough McCallie team that was under Potter's command. Their new coach will do fine in time but they look like they are in rebuilding and adjustment mode to me. I know several starters who would not be starting for other schools. Don't over look them, but don't fear them either. I do not know anything about Ensworth, but I will pull for my hometown boys.

Prediction: McCallie squeaks by on special teams.

Ensworth has not been tested - and will not be tested till MBA

Uuuhhhh!!! And you have an athletic program why? To attract students? I hope you are right and he gets prepared for college academically.

Schools have athletic programs because there is a belief that they instill an espirit de corps within the school, they provide a useful outlet for a lot of pent up adolescent energy, and because sports impart a number of very valuable lessons that can't be learned anywhere else.

Prior to the development of an upper school, Ensworth's lower school was very popular, had a waiting list, and was an excellent academic institution. The Ensworth products I met at MBA were more than adequately prepared for the rigors of the work. Ensworth's athletic program at that time was nothing to write home about. In a properly run school, the athletic tail does not wag the scholastic dog.

The quality of college academic preparation he'll receive will more than make up for it. The purpose of a high school is education, not simply to house an athletic program.

Don't think he went to EHS for the education! IMO he went to play a higher level of football. How is that working out for him?

Don't think he went to EHS for the education! IMO he went to play a higher level of football. How is that working out for him?

I can't imagine that he wouldn't have known he'd be ineligible for a year. But let's assume you're right; let's assume he went to EHS solely to play football at a higher level. Wouldn't he be better off playing at a higher level?

Everybody talks about what a fine young man he is and what a rough upbringing he's had. So he's at a top flight academic institution with a much higher athletic profile, playing for one of the best football coaches in Tennessee. It seems as though he might have actually caught a break in life, and you think there's something horribly wrong here? With friends and supporters like y'all, I certainly hope this kid never has enemies.

Except for the fact that I knew Ricky Bowers several years ago, Ensworth is nothing but a team I used to play against when I was a 7th and 8th grader, and now an opponent on MBA's schedule. Even if Ensworth provided every illegal inducment in the world to convince him to come there, shouldn't you maybe glad for the kid's opportunity?

I can't imagine that he wouldn't have known he'd be ineligible for a year. But let's assume you're right; let's assume he went to EHS solely to play football at a higher level. Wouldn't he be better off playing at a higher level?

Everybody talks about what a fine young man he is and what a rough upbringing he's had. So he's at a top flight academic institution with a much higher athletic profile, playing for one of the best football coaches in Tennessee. It seems as though he might have actually caught a break in life, and you think there's something horribly wrong here? With friends and supporters like y'all, I certainly hope this kid never has enemies.

Except for the fact that I knew Ricky Bowers several years ago, Ensworth is nothing but a team I used to play against when I was a 7th and 8th grader, and now an opponent on MBA's schedule. Even if Ensworth provided every illegal inducment in the world to convince him to come there, shouldn't you maybe glad for the kid's opportunity?

very very well said