Clinton vs Oak Ridge

coonhunter293

Weston's orthapedic said that he would just be out 2-4 weeks, atleast that is what his relative told me! Which is better than the whole season! He did break his collar bone! But they said it was a clean break! So that's good!

Glad to hear that Weston will just be out a few weeks. He is an excellent young man and player. He's tough, he won't be out long! Get well, Weston!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this game will come down to who ever has the ball last. I have seen both these teams play and they match pretty well in most areas. I think clinton can cover OR WR and the other way around for OR. The major factor is the controlling the line of scrimmage, which with OR Size they should but failed missberly against DB. Not have #2 playing will hurt, but its not the end of the world. Yes he is a great player but his back up didnt look to bad. 135 yards in 2 quarters....thats more than weston had in 2. What will hurt is not having weston in the passing game. Stone looked more comfotabe in the last game and i look for him to have a great game running the ball. Should be a packed house and a great game, just like last year but better. OR watch out for number #1 that kid is a blur...

Clinton 35

OR 28

Are you saying they will "shock the state" again, like they did when they played Maryville? That's what you said.

I was told that you & Ollie huffed that paint afterwords. Judging by your wild predictions I would say that was true.

Beating Oak Ridge, WOULD Definitely NOT be shocking the State! Someone that goes to school with Weston said that they were saying he would be out 6-8 weeks, but he wasnt there, so i guess we just have to wait and see! Weston is tougher than a log, I say he will be back soon!

Opie,

Is there any truth to the rumor that Clinton has hired "Dusty Rhodes" to protect their team, coaches and fans from Stanton? Nothing like having the "American Dream" on your side. Of course, i think Stanton may be more of a boxer than a wrasler. You may win the game, but I'm pretty sure Stanton can take Andy in the rematch for the aftergame title.

Ole Dad

quote name='Opie Shaggnasty' date='Sep 22 2008 - 08:45 AM' post='826864365']

Clinton will be ready for all attacks from the mildcats.Cute andy is also ready to battle stanton s after the game.Clinton will make the mildcats like it.Just as much as they liked mine and ollies paint job at their place a couple of years back.

Clinton will have to rely on Stone's throwing more, but It looks like Clinton will still have a pretty descent rushing attack! I really Like Weston, and feel awefull for him and the team, but a win against OR without him, would be a really big plus for Clinton, and something to build on when he comes back, Possibly by Playoff time!

Clinton will have to rely on Stone's throwing more, but It looks like Clinton will still have a pretty descent rushing attack! I really Like Weston, and feel awefull for him and the team, but a win against OR without him, would be a really big plus for Clinton, and something to build on when he comes back, Possibly by Playoff time!

im convinced they can win without him but itl be alot closer now, and the dragons are definately goin to the playoffs this year, they'll win at powell, lenoir city, halls and take one of the two with central and west and end up 7-3 for the most wins in 10+ years. i also agree with coon that stone will need a good game. he played really well at oakridge last year and now hes got a few more starts and alot more confidence. i just hope we can have weston back soon cause those two are a killer combo. theres two things i really love about weston and stone, they're players that will do anything to win, and they're only juniors so they'll be helpin clinton win for a bunch more games. get well soon weston, the dragon fans are gonna miss ya bud and good luck to the rest of the boys.

im convinced they can win without him but itl be alot closer now, and the dragons are definately goin to the playoffs this year, they'll win at powell, lenoir city, halls and take one of the two with central and west and end up 7-3 for the most wins in 10+ years. i also agree with coon that stone will need a good game. he played really well at oakridge last year and now hes got a few more starts and alot more confidence. i just hope we can have weston back soon cause those two are a killer combo. theres two things i really love about weston and stone, they're players that will do anything to win, and they're only juniors so they'll be helpin clinton win for a bunch more games. get well soon weston, the dragon fans are gonna miss ya bud and good luck to the rest of the boys.

I wouldn't count that Halls victory just yet. IMO, they are not in the same league with Powell and Lenoir City. Unless they improve, they don't have much of a passing game, but the running attack is pretty powerful.

I wouldn't anoint the Dragons just yet. They are a much improved team, and we know they can score points, but they've yet to play a full game without Hazelhurst. No one knows how that will affect the team. Stone will have to pick up some of the slack, if they are going to beat Oak Ridge. Clinton's record is very pedestrian - Maryville humbled them, SD is mediocre, but CC is an improved team, and AC has a chance to go deep into the playoffs. This is the game that will let everyone know where Clinton is going this season. The stretch run for Clinton is brutal, with remaining games against Halls, Powell, Central, and West, so this is a huge game, not just because of the rivalry, but from a momentum standpoint.

Until Clinton actually ends the streak, I'm picking Oak Ridge by a touchdown.