Ooltewah vs Maplewood

bipbopzot

Now that all the off weeks are out of the way,what does everybody think about going into maplewood friday? Do the owls get into a rythmn or do the owls walk into a buzzsaw? I personally do not know what to think.The owls "D" can't hold off everybody,all the time..because most of them play both ways.I don't know,if that is the problem w/ the offense not looking sharp half the time or what?,but maybe they can get it together in the next 3 weeks,when they get into the meat of their schedule.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VOID70....we have been winning and I think everyone is happy for that. I just think we wonder how it will be against a "good" team. I just hope the fine tuning comes soon. Those big games are just around the corner. What can anyone tell me about Maplewood?

Go OWLS!!!

Maplewood will have the Best defense Ooltewah has seen this year so far. They are much bigger than Ooltewah up front on both sides of the ball. They will also be the fastest team Ooltewah has seen. Maplewood has lost its last two games against quality opponents, they are probably better prepared for this game from that stand point than the Owls are. With that being said I still think Ooltewah has a very good chance to win this game. They must play better on offensive side of the ball and continue to play with the same intensity on the defensive side. They are going to have to play a more complete game.

Maplewood will have the Best defense Ooltewah has seen this year so far. They are much bigger than Ooltewah up front on both sides of the ball. They will also be the fastest team Ooltewah has seen. Maplewood has lost its last two games against quality opponents, they are probably better prepared for this game from that stand point than the Owls are. With that being said I still think Ooltewah has a very good chance to win this game. They must play better on offensive side of the ball and continue to play with the same intensity on the defensive side. They are going to have to play a more complete game.

Soddy dads nagging you yet Cooter?

Hopefully not being off a week, ALOT of hard word at practice and a little change in the offense (maybe throwing more before its 3rd and 10) will bring us a win this week. I think that the Owls are going to have to put a little more EMOTION out there on the field at the game and PRACTICE... Offense needs some work but I think they are still doing an ok job. But I do think being able to throw on the 1st and 2nd downs with a screen pass might help out the passing game a little. But I guess we will leave that up to the coaches.

the owls were a bit rusty against WB. This will be a very good test for the owls. Our O line must block well so the owls can run between the tackles. If our QB has the time to set his feet, he is much more effective. our secondary is very athltetic, we must tackle better. i personaly would love to see #5 Manning on the field more. I dont care where, hes a football player. if the owls execute , they win! john long is the man!