Ooltewah vs Maplewood

bipbopzot

I haven't said anything all day,but I'll ask one BIG QUESTION. WHAT would owlpride,owlpride3665,owleye,battlecat,and all others that have slammed the legendary coach monroe........................if you given the head coaching job at ooltewah RIGHT NOW!!!,today what would you do?

Since you asked...

I would first see if #17 could run a triple option... if he could not then I would see if anyone else could. I would send plays in with a flanker and go on quick snap counts and long snap counts. I would teach WHOEVER was QB how to read a defense and audible off. I would do more roll out passing to the right with #17 since he is right handed and do a drag route with the backside tight end, a flag route with the split end to the right side, a post route with the wide out to the far side and send the talback into the flat while using a fullback to lead block. You have to make the opposing corner decide who to cover and if he starts coming up... you pass it. You have to evaluate your weapons and see what they can do and what they can do really well. I would also run combo plays where you are setting up a play and come back with a second play that would be a counter to the first. A defense that is not set is already behind the eight ball. The biggest thing is you have to incorporate your QB to know how to read defenses and how to make a call at the line and trust him to do it without jumping down his throat because he did what you coached. We were running last night and getting some yards, we just needed to keep grinding it out. I know the Owls are very deep in quality running backs... USE them since we do not have much of a passing game.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aight well im new to posting but for the most part i think a lot of ppl are over analyzing this situation.I started last year at receiver at ooltewah with shumaker,gino, and nate and this situation happened over and over last year.i graduated but my dude brady is a good player, at times when situations get bad he loses confidence but you all are wrong to say hes not a good player.Before this week he was hero and now everybody tryna criticize him.I never played wit goose manning the backup at quarterback btu i hear he'a a good player, thats good to hear.Coach Monroe is an absolutely outstanding coach so nobody should dog him for one loss.OHS gone get it together,the coaching staff works week in and week out each day in prep for these friday night games, sometimes it just doesnt end up how you would like itto. I bet if my boys played them again this friday they'd win no question.they'll bounce back and get this ring,bet that.

I bet your still @ Ooltewah taking English classes, because i know you could nt graduate writing papers like that. any subs would have been running for his life from what i ve heard about about the size of the Maplewoods Def. not saying anything neg. but the way i uderstand it Owls starting backfield could nt run on them.

It's official. I always thought so but this thread proves it. Ooltewah has the whiniest, most negative fan base in the Chattcity area--perhaps in the state. At the beginning of the year, Bennie is a genius, Best coach ever. Now, after one loss, on the road, to the state runner up last year, the gamer has [assed him by. How many of you guys see practice every day? How many of you see these kids practice everyday. These kids bust their butts all week working for the fun of Friday night football and you idiots ruin it for them. ITS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL!! It's not your life--leave it for the kidsand the coaches.

Good luck to the Owl players and coaches the rest of the year. Unfortunately, you now know what part of your fan base is like--win in spite of them.

It's official. I always thought so but this thread proves it. Ooltewah has the whiniest, most negative fan base in the Chattcity area--perhaps in the state. At the beginning of the year, Bennie is a genius, Best coach ever. Now, after one loss, on the road, to the state runner up last year, the gamer has [assed him by. How many of you guys see practice every day? How many of you see these kids practice everyday. These kids bust their butts all week working for the fun of Friday night football and you idiots ruin it for them. ITS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL!! It's not your life--leave it for the kidsand the coaches.

Good luck to the Owl players and coaches the rest of the year. Unfortunately, you now know what part of your fan base is like--win in spite of them.

I don't think it's right for Loves High School Football and others to blame the qb for all of the team's woes. Bennie has to share in the blame.Has the qb struggled? Yes but part of the problem is Ooltewah does not what they want to do on offense.

I don't think it's right for Loves High School Football and others to blame the qb for all of the team's woes. Bennie has to share in the blame and part of it his thinking that track athletes make good football players. Has the qb struggled? Yes but part of the problem is Ooltewah does not what they want to do on offense.

Yep and that's because the QB is struggling and they have no passing game because of that so Benny is trying to dial up some new schemes. Goes hand in hand.

As for the receiver that was "starting" last year thats funny because you weren't. But I agree Monroe is a good coach... but there are better options at QB surely - if not.. nothing you can do.. he's pulling out just about everything.

I don't think it's right for Loves High School Football and others to blame the qb for all of the team's woes. Bennie has to share in the blame and part of it his thinking that track athletes make good football players. Has the qb struggled? Yes but part of the problem is Ooltewah does not what they want to do on offense.

Agreed Owlpride..........some people (Chattcity) doesnt have clue what he s talking about with football much less Ooltewah.

I haven't said anything all day,but I'll ask one BIG QUESTION. WHAT would owlpride,owlpride3665,owleye,battlecat,and all others that have slammed the legendary coach monroe........................if you given the head coaching job at ooltewah RIGHT NOW!!!,today what would you do?

FatSak,

That was one of your best posts on here, that was a VERY legitimate question.

All I'm going to say is that this will be sorted out starting yesterday. I'm not going to say anything else except that the defense did all that they could do in last night's game. Only allowing only 96 yards last night, gave them a chance to stay in the game. And the one area of the game that we did have an advantage in the game was the area that we got beat in, and I have yet so see anything said about that. I will leave it at that. Brady was not the only player to have a bad game and make poor decisions.

FatSak,

That was one of your best posts on here, that was a VERY legitimate question.

All I'm going to say is that this will be sorted out starting yesterday. I'm not going to say anything else except that the defense did all that they could do in last night's game. Only allowing only 96 yards last night, gave them a chance to stay in the game. And the one area of the game that we did have an advantage in the game was the area that we got beat in, and I have yet so see anything said about that. I will leave it at that. Brady was not the only player to have a bad game and make poor decisions.

Do you have any more stats? I've been looking and can't find any w/maplewood n ooltewah. special teams did not help us.

Do you have any more stats? I've been looking and can't find any w/maplewood n ooltewah. special teams did not help us.

The Tennessean.com prep sports section then type in Maplewood High School. Field position lost the game for the Owls. 2 early mistakes put us in a hole but we battled back with 2 quick scores in the 2nd quarter. If you look at Maplewood's stats for the year there is only one team that had any luck with their defense and that was Hillsboro and I think the reason for that it is such a big game for both of them and everyone is trying to be the hero with tempers flaring the whole game. You probably had the 2 best defenses in the state fighting it out like a couple of heavyweights all night long. Maplewood knew our strenghth and used it against us. (Field Position) Go Owls!