LA players quiting

momwildcat

Sounds like they had some people that just wanted to be on the team and not really play football. Football takes alot of grit and character and when the going gets tough it doesn't necessarily build character it reveals it!! Sounds like the true character of some showed up.

Nice observation /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont know why you think i would know, if you going by the name; well i wil always be momwildcat, but my son has been off the team for a few years now. He was on the 2005 State team. So i'm not who you are thinking i am evidently.

I could be mistaken, but I doubt it. Thought you used to have a son on the 2008 team. With that in mind, just figured you could tell us more about why the kids quit.

They are dropping like flies around livingston. we've had 23 kids quit the program this week. only 40 practiced yeserday. alot of hitting this week in practice. some boys found out that they didn't like contact. No one quit that was or could have helped anyway. WINERS NEVER QUIT AND QUITTERS NEVER WIN> The program will get better now that a few rotten apples are gone.

The thing that is in bold is not true. We only had 5 to quit this week. We may have had 23 to quit in all this from 2 a days to now but we only had 5 to quit this week. That is all that I know of and that has turned in their equipment.

Sounds like they had some people that just wanted to be on the team and not really play football. Football takes alot of grit and character and when the going gets tough it doesn't necessarily build character it reveals it!! Sounds like the true character of some showed up.

Sound a little like what is happening at Portland. (read Station Camp Vs Portland thread)

They are dropping like flies around livingston. we've had 23 kids quit the program this week. only 40 practiced yeserday. alot of hitting this week in practice. some boys found out that they didn't like contact. No one quit that was or could have helped anyway. WINERS NEVER QUIT AND QUITTERS NEVER WIN> The program will get better now that a few rotten apples are gone.

I don't know who in particular you are referring to as the "rotten apples" but I know a couple or three of the boys that quit this week pretty well and unless they've changed a lot over the last few years I wouldn't consider them rotten. IMHO, lack of desire to play any sport(football,basketball,texas holdem,etc.)even if you were already a member of a team, doesn't necessarily make you a rotten apple. Kids quitting is unfortunate, but sometimes we tend to overreact.

I don't know who in particular you are referring to as the "rotten apples" but I know a couple or three of the boys that quit this week pretty well and unless they've changed a lot over the last few years I wouldn't consider them rotten. IMHO, lack of desire to play any sport(football,basketball,texas holdem,etc.)even if you were already a member of a team, doesn't necessarily make you a rotten apple. Kids quitting is unfortunate, but sometimes we tend to overreact.

I hear you on that one bubblegum. Maybe the bad apples are the ones that could have REALLY helped this team win.

I could be mistaken, but I doubt it. Thought you used to have a son on the 2008 team. With that in mind, just figured you could tell us more about why the kids quit.

bubblegum99, sorry to disappoint you, but you are mistaken! This is 2008 and no i dont or never did have a child on the team this year or last(2007). So with that in mind i have no idea why the kids would quit or who all did.

60wildcat-sorry to disappoint you but it has nothing to do with alot of hitting if that had been the case(my son wouldnt have quit-considering he's played football since he was 7yrs old) and actually only 5 kids quit last week. Have to say i dont consider him a rotten apple, just a kid being pulled in many directions, if you know him or any of us you know what that means.

Cats Good Luck the rest of the year; we will be there cheering you on still.